Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RonnieTodger

Brighton - Singing Section

2 hours ago, MalletFox said:

SK1 was significantly quieter 🤣

Infact, it happened a fair few times that the chants from the “singing section” were then backed up from the Kop from what I could tell. First time I think I’ve been able to hear that side of the ground from SK1, looked and sounded decent.

Only very minor concern was when some of the guys started to move towards the away fans at one point (only singing and taunting mind, nothing violent), but I can well imagine how the club might interpret that in terms of how they consider taking things forward, we’re a family club dontcha know!

I think that only happened due to the large empty space. There are constant taunts between the away fans and L1 but no movement as they are in spitting distance separated by only a line of stewards/police. If the stadium was reconfigured (hopefully with the expansion), it would be great to surround the away fans with singing/safe standing sections. It really does help the atmosphere and trouble is very rare.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

Get them moved over there permanently! I know it’s normally the away end but they should get first option on every game to move there when the away team doesn’t sell out?

This is probably a good shout, not sure how easy this would be but maybe STH's (e.g. everyone in UFS and those who want to be in that section again) could be put on a "waiting list" and when an away team take a smaller allocation, before putting M1 on general sale, they could give those STH's on the list priority to move their seats for one game. Not sure if the club would have to print off paper tickets and block ST cards but it's essentially like the resale platform where a ST is blocked and seat made available for general purchase by someone else.

Definitely has legs and I would be very much up for it. Obviously wouldn't be the big games but it would certainly help the atmosphere. Maybe if a few people could suggest this to the club they might think about it.

Edited by KrefelderFox666

3 hours ago, GlennyFox55 said:

Hope it becomes a regular feature (in some part of the ground) at cup games going forward and eventually filters into league matches.

Be great if it was a permanent thing for cup games. Wouldn't hurt to spice things up a bit for cup games that sometimes feel a bit flat.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

No line of security needed. Were the Brighton fans surrounded by the orange and yellow jackets? 

There were a few oranges & yellows as we got closer to kick off, think I took that about 5mins before. There was the standard blue seat coverings further around as Brighton didn’t bring many.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Be great if it was a permanent thing for cup games. Wouldn't hurt to spice things up a bit for cup games that sometimes feel a bit flat.

We have to offer the entire away end  as an initial allocation for the FA Cup I believe? I can't remember if M1 has been offered to home fans in the FA Cup before though.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed

Was a nice mix of people in there as well, should hopefully help it gain traction with the club. 

The corners of Sk1 and G1 that is behind the corner corner flag is the only viable place for it to become a permanent fixture for both cup and league barring any significant ground/seating plan reorganisation. 

Edited by GlennyFox55
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

We have to offer the entire away end  as an initial allocation for the FA Cup I believe? I can't remember if M1 has been offered to home fans in the FA Cup before though.

We actually have to offer 4,500 for FA Cup matches, I think they normally get some P blocks? However, depends if the away team take the full allocation. Not sure about teams who have taken much less. Maybe Wigan?

I couldn't go to the game but once again well done to those that organised and allowed it. I was thinking that a section like this could almost become self-policing if there was a code of conduct for anyone wanting to join in. The only agenda is the make positive noise and any other stupidity will not be tolerated. 

19 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Block M1 was offered to UFS for this game as it is the only one where no season ticket holders had to be displaced, as it is the away end technically.

Out of interest you said earlier you wouldn’t want to be positioned here all the time, why not? 
Singing either side of away fans is surely a good thing or was it you were lower down in the stand so the noise level got lost before it hits the roof?

In an ideal world if you could pick a section to be on where would that be?

Personally I’d never sit that side due to being cooked in the few summer games we get, right sun trap over there.

Credit to everyone for this, I watched the game on the net (rather famously now for my constructive criticism of Vesty 😂 😆) and no doubt it made a difference to the atmosphere, I could hear you guys many times at the right points going for it and bearing in mind it was a League Cup game i for one was impressed 👏 👏 🦊 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, promised land said:

Out of interest you said earlier you wouldn’t want to be positioned here all the time, why not? 
Singing either side of away fans is surely a good thing or was it you were lower down in the stand so the noise level got lost before it hits the roof?

In an ideal world if you could pick a section to be on where would that be?

Personally I’d never sit that side due to being cooked in the few summer games we get, right sun trap over there.

Few reasons off the top of my head -

- I hate the poser type support around that area, just looking at the away fans and giving them the willy puller sign before sitting back down.

- Not Actually sure how much vocal support you get from L1 to help make it noisy either side of the away fans. I know it was most likely not the usual crowed there but on Wednesday honestly did not hear L1 sing once other than the first Vichai chant.

- A loud support would still really dominate you I feel

- Feel you could not get the additional support the SK1 blocks further along the stand gives you which when they kick in it really does up the noise level.

• Like 2

On 28/10/2021 at 09:23, ElusiveEd said:

Really worked for me.

Had a top night in there,

Absolute scenes when our 2nd went in. 

Not sure how it came across from other parts of the ground but for me and my son it really worked having us in M block and L1 surrounding the visiting fans.

All in all it's a big yes for more of the above.

I was in the Kop. Originally was going in the singing section after speaking to @semper eadam on Facebook... sounded loud. Nice to see the majority standing too. 

I'm close to UFS currently however the standers are only a few. Imagine if we could replicate that as a whole end 😍

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

- I hate the poser type support around that area, just looking at the away fans and giving them the willy puller sign before sitting back down.

- Not Actually sure how much vocal support you get from L1 to help make it noisy either side of the away fans. I know it was most likely not the usual crowed there but on Wednesday honestly did not hear L1 sing once other than the first Vichai chant.

- Feel you could not get the additional support the SK1 blocks further along the stand gives you which when they kick in it really does up the noise level.

Completely agree with the poser types just staring at away fans all game, never understood why they’re doing it, I go to the game to watch the football not the supporters.

L1 was loud a decade or so ago, maybe those supporters have left and younger ones moved in or they simply don’t sing now Jobber isn’t at the back drumming.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Would be absolutely brilliant if we could get this replicated consistently in SK1 area. I'd move my ticket in an instance from SK4. 

Assume our big issue is those who are there and don't want to move over or be involved. 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Would be absolutely brilliant if we could get this replicated consistently in SK1 area. I'd move my ticket in an instance from SK4. 

Assume our big issue is those who are there and don't want to move over or be involved. 

To make an omelette you have to break some eggs.

But yes there will be some amount of resistance to this. However if done well as shown by plenty of other clubs relocations and relocations of 'atmosphere areas' is possible. 

With the stadium redevelopment it is the crucial time and I really worry for the future of the atmosphere down there with the plans as is. L1 looks to be finished with that corporate stand above it and SK1 especially at the back looks really isolated.