Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RonnieTodger

Brighton - Singing Section

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

To make an omelette you have to break some eggs.

But yes there will be some amount of resistance to this. However if done well as shown by plenty of other clubs relocations and relocations of 'atmosphere areas' is possible. 

With the stadium redevelopment it is the crucial time and I really worry for the future of the atmosphere down there with the plans as is. L1 looks to be finished with that corporate stand above it and SK1 especially at the back looks really isolated.

Worth stating that UFS have ran through these examples and highlighted the ways in which help the process run smoothly, they have not just thrown it at the club. Whether we actually get to that stage, who knows.

Just now, SemperEadem said:

To make an omelette you have to break some eggs.

But yes there will be some amount of resistance to this. However if done well as shown by plenty of other clubs relocations and relocations of 'atmosphere areas' is possible. 

With the stadium redevelopment it is the crucial time and I really worry for the future of the atmosphere down there with the plans as is. L1 looks to be finished with that corporate stand above it and SK1 especially at the back looks really isolated.

Would be great to possibly relocate groups together into areas of SK2/3/4, giving basically the same view just mirrored sides. 

Assume we would have some issues getting that off the ground, but given we're getting designated areas in games already, hopefully this is only a stones throw away from becoming a more common reality. 

A lot of leg work on ticket office's part (:nigel:) but would be a great option to trial a few league games with this. Especially around the crunch end of the season where we've crashed in the last few seasons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroughtonFox said:

Fa cup early rounds most probably. 

Sadly not as cut and dry as this. 
The club are so worried about moving anyone. So it in their eyes needs to be a game where they won’t sell out in but open enough of the ground up.

For anyone who enjoyed Wigan and last Wednesday I really would urge you contact the club letting them know.

49 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

How did it go down with fans when the Holmesdale lot moved into the central area of the stand at Palace? Presumably fans were moved out of seats they'd sat in for years?

They had some resistance as you'd expect but a lot recognising the "greater good" of a dedicated area. 

Personally I think their vocal support is weaker now as they've moved further away from the singers in the Arthur Waite corner and closer to the prawn sandwiches in their main stand. Think of UFS moving away from the east stand and closer to the west stand just because "that's what ultras do we have to be behind the goal". 

Overall it's been alright for them but I preferred it when they were in the corner. Over the years they'll creep down that central block and eventually be directly behind the goal but that'll take a long time.

16 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

We find out what the club thought about it on Wednesday night.

I was in a focus group last week and bigged UFS up. 

Said you've done a great job regarding the stadium atmosphere and the charitable initiatives such as the food bank and that me and the lad are thinking of moving from the Family Stand to join you next season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

I was in a focus group last week and bigged UFS up. 

Said you've done a great job regarding the stadium atmosphere and the charitable initiatives such as the food bank and that me and the lad are thinking of moving from the Family Stand to join you next season. 

Ah thank you very much. If you need anything on moving over please do get in touch.

• 4 weeks later...