Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

Tielemans rank in Leicester’s all-time CM list?

Where would you place Tielemans on Leicester’s all time centre midfield list? 

I put him at 3rd. I’d place Cambiasso and Kanté above him and place Youri just above Izzet and Lennon. Unfair on Drinkwater? Am I missing someone from the 70s and 80s and before? I guess we all have bias based on when we were born and when we stated watching. 

Edited by An Away Move

Lennon, Izzet, Cambiasso, Kante etc. are all the usual suspects for very good reason (from the ones I’ve seen)

Tielemans is my favourite though…. He’s a total Rolls Royce…. Amazing vision and sublime passing technique…. With the odd top corner bullet thrown in

I could watch him play football all day 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

For central midfielders, Tielemans ranks above anyone I've ever watched. 

And that's even having Izzet as my favourite ever player. 

Cambiasso brought his reputation with him and he wasn't at his peak with us. Kante was sublime for that season, but it was only a season. 

Tielemans has been consistently a level above any other player in the squad and sometimes carried us. He has pretty much everything as a footballer too. Goalscorer, tackler, dribbler, passer and excellent vision. One of those rare players that sees passes no one else on the pitch would, but actually execute it to perfection regularly. 

Tielemans is just a damn good all round player. 

Difficult to disagree with any of that but for me Cambiasso’s intelligence and reading of the game was unsurpassed. Even though his legs had gone he always picked the right pass and rarely gave the ball away. Youri will be even more immense in a few years when he adds even more vision to his game. He already reads games very well to be fair! It’s difficult to be truly objective on such a subjective choice.   

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He's a mix of Neil Lennon. Lowish centre of gravity and always on hand to receive ball. Glues the game.

But he has in additon to Neil's game  the passing range and long range shots of Gary Mac. As elegant a player as we've ever had. 

Yes, Gary Mac came to mind too. Along with Parker. 

• Like 4

Izzet is the only player from the Pre-King Power era who wouldn't look out of place in either our title winning midfield or the current one. That being said, he's still only 4th amongst the midfielders i've seen play for us, behind Cambiasso, Kante and Tielemans

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steveherbe said:

You've all forgotten - or never saw - the legend Keith Weller. Oh, and the Birch of course!

Very true. Wish I had seen them. I’m nearly 50 and am well aware that my dad and granddad would have been able to contribute to this discussion in ways that many of us just couldn’t relate to. 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Agree with the general consensus that Tielemans and Kante are incomparable. 

They're both the best we've had in my lifetime in their respective roles. 

I think it's also wrong to compare Tielemans with Lennon. 

A fairer comparison would be Lennon with Ndidi. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I think it's also wrong to compare Tielemans with Lennon. 

A fairer comparison would be Lennon with Ndidi. 

Lol, sorry dude, but that's wrong. 

Lennon was a baller. Not destructive. He got his foot in for sure, but he was a super elegant footballer, could receive ball in tight spots,  ride tackles and roll out of tight marking like Tielemans does. 

He was an amazing crosser of the ball when popping up wide too.......quick sample below if a game I remember 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Kante was just a phenomenon and he has to take number 1 for that extraordinary season but then it's Tielemans by some distance to Ndidi, Izzet, Cambiasso and Lennon.

I've not commented on anything pre 1990.

Possibly more of an inside right but what about David Gibson from the 60s or has been mentioned Keith Weller from the 70s.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, andy peake said:

Possibly more of an inside right but what about David Gibson from the 60s or has been mentioned Keith Weller from the 70s.

I'd forgotten Gibbo. Plus, from the same era, what about Rodney Fern, and of course Tom Sweeney ( ok, he was the 60's Perez!)