Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

Tielemans rank in Leicester’s all-time CM list?

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Kante was just a phenomenon and he has to take number 1 for that extraordinary season but then it's Tielemans by some distance to Ndidi, Izzet, Cambiasso and Lennon.

I've not commented on anything pre 1990.

Ndidi is nowhere near the others as good as he can be. 

52 minutes ago, StanSP said:

For central midfielders, Tielemans ranks above anyone I've ever watched. 

And that's even having Izzet as my favourite ever player. 

Cambiasso brought his reputation with him and he wasn't at his peak with us. Kante was sublime for that season, but it was only a season. 

Tielemans has been consistently a level above any other player in the squad and sometimes carried us. He has pretty much everything as a footballer too. Goalscorer, tackler, dribbler, passer and excellent vision. One of those rare players that sees passes no one else on the pitch would, but actually execute it to perfection regularly. 

Tielemans is just a damn good all round player. 

Agree with all of this, can’t add much more to be honest!

48 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Cambiasso. 

Overall, Cambiasso's career will probably be better but for us Tielemans has been better (Cambiasso only had the one year obviously).

Kante for me was the best. His influence was massive. Huge loss losing him the following summer.

Izzet remains my favourite. He could have played in any side.

Edited by Fox92

Tielemans is the best central midfielder we've ever had.

N'golo Kante won the league with us and went onto win the Champions League and World Cup, but he only played 37 games for us in total. Youri is coming up for 100 games, and has shown a high level over multiple seasons. On top of that he has an iconic moment to outright win a major trophy that we would not have done otherwise. Tielemans is also an all round brilliant player, he passes, scores, tackles, leads. He's the total package, even if not as consistent as Kante.

2nd for me would be Muzzy Izzet who played over 250 times for us, winning two trophies and reaching another final. In fact there's an argument to say he's the best we've ever had because of those stats and longevity, but for as brilliant as he was, Tielemans is the better all round player.

In my lifetime, Wilfred Ndidi and Neil Lennon should also be in the conversation.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Lol, sorry dude, but that's wrong. 

Lennon was a baller. Not destructive. He got his foot in for sure, but he was a super elegant footballer, could receive ball in tight spots,  ride tackles and roll out of tight marking like Tielemans does. 

He was an amazing crosser of the ball when popping up wide too.......quick sample below if a game I remember 

Must have a different recollection. 

Have a look at Celtic Wiki

"Signed by Martin O’Neill as a holding midfielder, his presence on the pitch was meant to bolster the defensive aspect of the team and cover for the more attack minded players and do the unglamorous defensive roles in the middle of the park."

43 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I think it's also wrong to compare Tielemans with Lennon. 

A fairer comparison would be Lennon with Ndidi. 

It is so difficult to compare across generations too. In the 70s team weller worthington and whitworth were my favourites. I think Lineker and Heskey would still figure quite highly in any ‘greats’comparison. If you put all these great players together you might still miss the most important ingredients that took us to the title. Teamwork form and fitness. Hopefully we can start to see a bit more of this from now until the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

For central midfielders, Tielemans ranks above anyone I've ever watched. 

And that's even having Izzet as my favourite ever player. 

Cambiasso brought his reputation with him and he wasn't at his peak with us. Kante was sublime for that season, but it was only a season. 

Tielemans has been consistently a level above any other player in the squad and sometimes carried us. He has pretty much everything as a footballer too. Goalscorer, tackler, dribbler, passer and excellent vision. One of those rare players that sees passes no one else on the pitch would, but actually execute it to perfection regularly. 

Tielemans is just a damn good all round player. 

Yep, exactly my sentiments too.