Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

Tielemans rank in Leicester’s all-time CM list?

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Don't remember Kante ever doing this...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

As awesome as that was can you hand on heart say it beats winning the PL?
As a standout moment and direct contribution in a one-off game, Tielemans' goal takes some beating, I'll give you that.

5 hours ago, jruizc_ said:

Hi guys, 

I've written an article about Youri and I would love if you could read it

It's in Spanish though and I assume most of you won't understand a thing but here you have:

https://onefootball.com/es/noticias/tielemans-el-jugador-total-33984705

You nailed it there matey well done 👏

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shen said:

As awesome as that was can you hand on heart say it beats winning the PL?
As a standout moment and direct contribution in a one-off game, Tielemans' goal takes some beating, I'll give you that.

Winning the league was brilliant but Tielemans’ goal in the FA Cup Final was the best moment I’ve ever had in sport and I suspect I’m not alone in that regard. Not only was it the winning goal in an FA Cup Final, it was an absolute Roy of the Rovers moment as our best player scored an absolutely textbook 30 yard screamer.

I always thought the way we won the league was very anti-climactic. Not that it matters of course. 

Edited by ttfn

32 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Tielemans easy.. Drinkwater doesn’t come close 

A lot of Leicester fans are very harsh on Drinkwater retrospectively, because of the way he left the club. Drinkwater should absolutely be in this conversation.

To me, it is definitely still Kante. Although I think Tielemans has firmly lodged himself into 2nd place now.

For all the people saying "Kante only had 1 amazing season", I'd argue that is still ultimately true about Tielemans, who was great for the half season he first game, but was pretty inconsistent in his first full season, before being great last season.

Then the next level down you have Drinkwater, Ndidi, Lennon and Izzet (Cambiasso was also great but I'd put him the next level down) - I think it's a perfectly fair argument to say that Drinkwater was the best of those, taking away all the nostalgia of the 90s players and the dislike people have of Drinkwater for how he left.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dayday said:

I was surprised Gary McAllister didn’t get a mention to you said, as Gordon Lee once said McAllister was like a Rolls Royce, he had everything 

Gary Mac is an interesting one, because he was the stand out player in some of the worst sides in the club's history.

He was great in a side that played some of the most dire, forgettable football, kicking around the bottom half of the Second Division and even though he stood out, you cannot say he controlled games or ran games when we were losing to losing to Oldham and Port Vale every other week in the bottom half of the second division under Pleat.

He went on to have a fantastic career and developed into a fantastic player for Leeds, Liverpool and Coventry, but I do wonder if he hadn't have gone on to become a great player later on, he would just be remembered as a good Leicester player for where we were at at the time, similar to Mike Newell who was also one of the stand outs of that team is.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I feel more love and warmth for Tielemans than Kante, and that's not taking anything away from what the little maestro did in 15/16.

PS. Cambiasso not even in the equation

I was sitting four rows behind the Starman last night (a short holiday from the Family Stand). When he came up and sat down everyone started applauding. He turned, smiled, made a hand signal and sat down (to his phone, wish my eyesight was better.) But it was utterly charming.

Oh, and Drinkwater isn't fit to tie his shoes. Seriously, what are people smoking?

• Like 2

Maddison has more goals and the same assists in twenty more matches. Youri is better on tackles and interceptions of course. We all know stats are damn lies but on that basis DeBrunye is miles ahead. Having said that it is quite possible Tielemans could get close in the next six years but probably not with us.

3 hours ago, OLD norfox said:

This is a tough one, but my call is about who can affect the result of å game alone, and then my priority is :

1) Kante

2) Tielemans

3) Weller

:scarf:

The legend that was Keith Weller wasn’t primarily a CM.

Gets into my all time XI easily enough, but not there!

14 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I was sitting four rows behind the Starman last night (a short holiday from the Family Stand). When he came up and sat down everyone started applauding. He turned, smiled, made a hand signal and sat down (to his phone, wish my eyesight was better.) But it was utterly charming.

Oh, and Drinkwater isn't fit to tie his shoes. Seriously, what are people smoking?

Grown up argument that.

32 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Tielemans obviously is better than Drinkwater, no doubting it in terms of ability and influence, but people forget how good Drinkwater actually was. 

• Like 2