Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

It's Always Sunny in Wrexham

I like their story. Yes they have spent more than their competitors on both leagues but they have likely covered it through sponsorships, exposure and the documentary. It’s a masterclass in the commercial side of things as oppose to purely chucking money at it and accruing debt (not to say they haven’t put their own money into it which they have).

To say that Ryan and Rob didn’t know football, it’s a great team of them with their commercial connections and draw, with Shaun Harvey providing the football side and Humphrey Kerr who just seems to be a very clever guy who has slotted into that role.

It’s a shame our lot didn’t have a fraction of the commercial sense to take advantage of our achievements on the pitch a few years back and Vichai is included in that. 

• Like 3

Wrexham will be looking at the likes of Bournemouth and thinking there's no reason they cant get to the premier league in a few years. Expect the Rob and Ryan to drop the nice guys act if they stuck in League 1 the season after next.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

Wrexham will be looking at the likes of Bournemouth and thinking there's no reason they cant get to the premier league in a few years. Expect the Rob and Ryan to drop the nice guys act if they stuck in League 1 the season after next.

Indeed. They're not fvcking around and have big ambitions to develop the stadium and local infrastructure. 

They've made no secret that they ultimately want to be a PL club and I wouldn't put it past them. Interesting when Humphrey is interviewed though that he has to temper their need to go faster and he tries to be a realist in terms of timescales.

I think it's a great story and I disagree with those who just say they're throwing money at it (they're actually losing money by building the temporary stand)

If Reynolds can leverage his image and contacts to gain more sponsorship, income and eye balls on the club, then fair play to him. 

• Like 2

I can see them making the play offs this season.. promotion? Not this season... stiff competition i wouldn't rule out the same three that came down, go straight back up. Plus Peterborough, Bolton, Barnsley and Wigan tend to have there say.

On 13/08/2024 at 06:16, Daggers said:

Wrexham are everything KPFC aren't. Community beats through the core of the club. Quite how anyone could have it in for them or Reynolds is beyond me.

So you hate Rob McElhaney then?

On 13/08/2024 at 13:00, Izzy said:

Indeed. They're not fvcking around and have big ambitions to develop the stadium and local infrastructure. 

They've made no secret that they ultimately want to be a PL club and I wouldn't put it past them. Interesting when Humphrey is interviewed though that he has to temper their need to go faster and he tries to be a realist in terms of timescales.

I think it's a great story and I disagree with those who just say they're throwing money at it (they're actually losing money by building the temporary stand)

If Reynolds can leverage his image and contacts to gain more sponsorship, income and eye balls on the club, then fair play to him. 

Humphery was interviewed on Radio X a few months back and said that he showed Rob the Sunderland Documentary and then Rob called him and said "we should do that." It's not in the video but live he said something along the lines of "Rob said we should do that and get promoted all the way up." Rob I feel may want results and instant pay off in results faster than Ryan would in my opinion.  If they do get stuck in League 1 for a season or 2 it will be interesting to see what happens. The documentary will be rather dull and no hollywood endings. They interviewed The landlord of The Turf recently too who says the same as a lot of people are really. It would be great to see them do the first ever back to back to back, but it may be good for them to stay in League 1 and let the infrastructure catch up a bit first. 

• Like 1

On 13/08/2024 at 06:16, Daggers said:

Wrexham are everything KPFC aren't. Community beats through the core of the club. Quite how anyone could have it in for them or Reynolds is beyond me.

OMG this post is gonna age beautifully. The oak barrels have been created, the cellar is set to room temperature and the Armagnac is being poured in. Now sit back and wait for the rich rewards

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/09/2024 at 19:06, purpleronnie said:

And a nice fat budget.  Championship would be tougher but I'd expect them to push for the play offs at least.

I'd expect them to plateau in the Championship but I'm sure they'd be fairly pleased with that to be honest, it's been an insane rise even with investment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boots60 said:

My one & only trip to Wrexham was back in 1980, won 1-0, fantastic day out, on the way to the 2nd division title.

The racecourse has changed a bit since then.

image.jpeg.9191b7b1e6fa7587c9d12e46f6b29afe.jpeg

Love hearing about trips in the lower leagues, that stadium looked something else back then!

My favourite time was 2008/9 seeing so many of those league one away grounds.

Visited Scunthorpe United for first time that season, and will be doing the same in the non league this year before they rightly so move up.

I didn’t expect to but I enjoyed the Wrexham documentary, so much so that I look out for their results now.

Apart from a couple of filler episodes it’s been a good watch.  

Now watching the AFC Richmond documentary, but I’m struggling to locate them in the league! Ha only joking of course!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, boots60 said:

My one & only trip to Wrexham was back in 1980, won 1-0, fantastic day out, on the way to the 2nd division title.

The racecourse has changed a bit since then.

image.jpeg.9191b7b1e6fa7587c9d12e46f6b29afe.jpeg

Love a bit of archive.

There's big talk of them wanting to expand the stadium, but iirc that might be awkward as the main stand is right next to a busy road.

Edited by Wymsey

13 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Love a bit of archive.

There's big talk of them wanting to expand the stadium, but iirc that might be awkward as the main stand is right next to a busy road.

It’s more than talk. The land is clear and a temporary stand is in position. 

The main stand isn’t affected