Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Arsenal - Match Thread - 30/10/2021 (BT Sport)

Guest Kopfkino
1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

This will get me dog's abuse in here but as woeful as we started, we've been the better side the last 20 mInutes, and quite unlucky.

They’re 2-0 up, their work is done if they just manage the game which in open play they pretty much have.

Highlight of that half has definitely been that advert for Brighton vs Newcastle.

Here comes the money, thought we were announcing Shane McMahon as a half time sub. Drop that coast to coast on their back 4.

Just now, Staff said:

Thing is with Thomas, he got bombed out for Bertrand at the start of the season, seeing that shower of shit being picked ahead of you must shatter your confidence

Think that's because Bertrand not good enough to play as a wing back. Think unless we have Ricardo and JJ fit we should play with 4 at the back

• Like 1

First 25 mins was utterly shite. No other words for it. 

Once we'd settled and calmed down, we got back in to it and got our passing together. Gonna be difficult to break down their lines of defence as they sit back and defend the lead, and then look to get us on the counter. 

Need some changes. Amartey not good at all today. Thomas not good enough up against Saka. 

I'd change to a back 4. 

Bertrand on for Thomas. Barnes or Daka on for Amartey and get another player forward for them to think about. 

Need to get attacking and start on the front foot. Can't be laboured and need to work harder on and off the ball. Definitely miss Pereira and his runs on the right. Castagne isn't the same this side. 

• Like 1

Our starts to games echoes those under Puel. Very slow and laboured. This game is lost. It does not help matters when our own player passes directly to the Arsenal scumbag in our own penalty area. Shite.

Edited by sishades

That first 20 minutes was unforgivable.

Arsenal havent had to do anything special to be 2-0 up.

Low intensity, no pressing and susceptible from set pieces again. Not helped by individuals having nightmares as well (Thomas, Amartey, Soumaré).

That last 25 minutes proved Arsenal are nothing special, we upped it a bit and started dominating, but the damage has already been done because we were half asleep when the game started.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

This will get me dog's abuse in here but as woeful as we started, we've been the better side the last 20 mInutes, and quite unlucky.

could that be because they are 2-0 up away and took the foot off the gas after a swarming high press start for 25mins

• Like 1

Arsenal didn’t have a great start to the season, but have been doing ok more recently. And people seem to forget they have a much larger budget for transfers, than ourselves.

Get a goal back early, we’re still in this. I’d make changes at halftime though.

You try not to be overly critical. However, it’s the same conversation every week. Why do we start so slow. Why are we so prone to individual errors. Why can’t we take nor defend any half decent set piece. It’s just poor. From the management to the players. Same mistakes which are now so common, they’re habits. 

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Yes we have, but we should be thankful Arsenal have decided to sit on their 2-0 lead and not go for the proper tonking that was on the cards

Edited by turtmcfly

Seeing some comments about Arsenal dropping a gear. While that's true, think about what your comments would be if we remained slow and lethargic with them sitting back. 

We have improved and its just a shame its taken conceding 2 goals for it to happen. 

Can't have it both ways. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Harvey and Wilf on for Cags and Soumare please.

I want so badly to see it with Soumare, but so far I really don't.  He rarely seems to have much of an impact on the game. Not a defensive wall like Wilf, not that great with the ball, pretty negative with his passing.  Just a guy, really.  He's shown flashes and he certainly had success in France, so maybe it will come.

Edited by Deeg67