Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Arsenal - Match Thread - 30/10/2021 (BT Sport)

we needed a goal before half time to put some doubt in the Arsenal players minds, cant see anything other than a defensive half from them unitl we press too high and they hit us on the counter for 3-0

I'd get some attacking intent on, so Barnes and Lookman on the wings for a start, wilf on to put some steel back in the center

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

After a terrible start to the half, we’ve definitely been the better side here. 
Only 3 absolute world class saves have prevented us from being back in it.

Maddison has been the best player for us that half. 
I fancy us to nick a point.

Maddison? Don’t think so. I’d drag him.

• Like 1

To be the fair the last 20 minutes were much better with Ramsdale looking like he’s having a worldie - much if that though is Arsenal being in control though.

Can see us getting a goal and them wilting.

Having said that, is that like five of the last six we’ve gone behind and seven of the last eight we’ve conceded two or more? You can’t keep doing that, especially against teams that are better drilled.

Also anyone who is coming off as a sub should be told with a few mins in advance to go through one of them and take a yellow for the team. Just far too nice and too easy for Arsenal. Need to get in there and the less said about our ‘high press’ the better.

Defensively so poor, again we’ve conceded more than one goal. Thomas is really struggling, our left side looks so weak. Soumare and Soyuncu poor as well, although the former got better as the half went on. 

Other issue was the spaces between the lines - Arsenal had so much time and space early on in the midfield. Looks like the team have squeezed the space, bringing us more into the game.