Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Arsenal - Match Thread - 30/10/2021 (BT Sport)

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I want so badly to see it with Soumare, but so far I really don't.  He rarely seems to have much of an impact on the game. Not a defensive wall like Wilf, not that great with the ball, pretty negative with his passing.  Just a guy, really.  He's shown flashes and he certainly had success in France, so maybe it will come.

Yes, He needs to improve his attitude. he seems to coast through games, He needs to up his tempo and be more aggressive.

Any fool who's watched Arsenal lately could tell they were going to come out flying. I suspect the tactic was to soak up that pressure and get at them later in the half. But yet again a set piece goal and poor play left us with a mountain to climb.

• Sad 1

Guest Kopfkino
4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Seventeen goals conceded  already this season says it all.

It’s now 36 in the last 19.5 competitive games going back to Newcastle last year. That’s not just league games but at that rate you concede about 70 goals in a league season which is usually enough to be the second worst in the league. You just can’t do well if you can’t defend

Just now, Bezzanator89 said:

Arsenal bosses the first 25mins and then dropped back because they could afford to, reverted to game management. Thomas and Amartey are having a shocker, but on a normal day where we have a fully fit squad, they would be nowhere near our starting XI.

Who ever has a fully fit squad in the middle of a season?

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
4 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

You’d like to think the players in there are getting a roasting. No fight, again. Unfortunately there isn’t any characters in there that would do that

Can BR apply the roasting before the match

We looked for from kickoff. Thomas taking an age to make a throw in which put Soyuncu in trouble. 

Castagne nowhere near as effective as Ricardo at wingback. 

Soumare not closing space, Maddison not tracking back after woeful pass that led to second goal. 

But since then we've been the better team. Credit to Arsenal for first 20 mins and to Ramsdale who has been outstanding. 

We really need a coach to come in and teach this blooming defence to defend corners. It's not a new thing and is showing no sign of improving.  I do not understand how this is not being sorted.

I'm sick of us being so slow, can we not start quickly? 

We all know it so do opposition managers.  We are easy to set up against.

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

That pass from Maddison before their second goal sums him up perfectly as a player. 

Maddison has been infinitely better than Tielemans and Soumare today controlling midfield. Maddison absolutely isn't the problem today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes, He needs to improve his attitude. he seems to coast through games, He needs to up his tempo and be more aggressive.

He reminds me of Dombele at Spurs. 

Where is the pressing and intensity we saw against Man U? Baffling.

The problem is that to make 352 work you need top level full backs. Poor Thomas simply doesn't have the physically and speed needed for the role at this stage in his development. Always feared that Ric being out would create a problem. Need to change the system second half.