Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Arsenal - Match Thread - 30/10/2021 (BT Sport)

1 minute ago, blabyboy said:

True, but don't write off team confidence. All very well having good players coming back in, but they still need to get up to speed and if the confidence in the team isn't there, then the runs don't get made, the passes aren't tried and it quickly brings all down.

Fair enough. Trying to be positive though :)

• Like 1

Need our full strength team back and then we will be OK I think - we did well to stop that being a cricket score as we didn't really touch the ball for the first 20 minutes and two down only was lucky - their keeper is a monster and on another day it well could have been a draw.

Missing Fofana and Wilf for me - Ricardo or Justin are both preferable at left back but LT played well second half

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisfox said:

I thin k we need to remember Amartey is not a central defender and is in there only because Vestergaard has been so poor

Amartey has done well when he’s been called upon this season. We just make so many cumulative errors when the opposition put the pressure on. 

Unfortunate score.

Winning or losing is not the real concern for me.

The real issues lays within,

- Our chronic problem for slow starts.

- Not showing tactical ability to response for early conceded goals despite having 75 minutes to do so..

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Amartey has done well when he’s been called upon this season. We just make so many cumulative errors when the opposition put the pressure on. 

Trying to make the point you can't just blame our defensive frailties as we're so under strength it's never going to be that good.

I'd be more critical of the midfield from todays performace. Soumare not good enouh for long spells, Maddison believing the hype and thinking he doesnt have to put a shift in, then Teilemans having to do so much work, he's knackered after 30 minutes.

We need Wilf back to do the dirty work to allow Maddison and Teilemans to play their game