Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Arsenal post match

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Ramsdale would have saved an asteroid today.

That said, Arsenal gave us a lesson in pressing today. They were the away team but started on the front foot, pinned our wingbacks into our half and took advantage when they were on top. Second half the system change and more intense pressing finally pinned Tavares and Tomiyasu back, but their backline held firm.

Morale of the story, as it has been at the KP for what feels like the lat 5 years is that we start too slowly. We need to get into them and play further up the pitch from the get go.

Fair play to Arsenal, they more than earned their win. For us, after 10 games, it's a disappointing start to the season. Based on what we've seen so far, West Ham and Arsenal who we finished above last season are better teams than us this time round.

Do you think we should switch to a back four? I thought we looked much better both in attack and defence in that formation 

• Like 3

I know I'm going to get pelters for this and the pathetic  lol  rep , but this game shows why Brendan was reluctant to play Ihenacho last season until he had to. If we play him we're 1 light in midfield. Look how we dominated the second half when he came off until Brendan put Daka on and they came into it again.

I'll be really surprised if he starts next week in the league.

Just now, Corky said:

Today we saw the negative side of key players missing. You can't start the way we did. They did show some fight and determination to get back in the game but too little, too late. 

Still not a huge amount between the sides 4th- 11th really. Had we got one back before the break you never know.

Let's hope the big players are fit soon and, heaven forbid, we actually work on defending set-pieces.

Optimism is always the best way but at the moment and going back to last season , any combination of available players and any system used gives us substandard defending. No matter how well our forwards play they will fight a losing battle until we sort this out.

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

If it wasn't for the fact that we were asleep for the first 20 minutes, and Ramsdale had the game of his life, and half our team played shit, we could have won that.

We could've won in anyway. Vardy and Barnes both missed free headers and Thomas put just wide when Ramsdale was beaten.

Weird game, we were asleep for the first 20 minutes, but dominated the game afterwards. Arsenal didn't particularly manage the game well or "sit back and let us play" because we were carving out chance after chance and no one would've said it was undeserved if we put 4 past them.

Poor finishing cost us today really.

• Like 1

Conceded at least two in seven of the last 10, and two of those we didn’t were Millwall and a Legia side who are probably worse than them.

We’ve now the third worst defensive record only behind Norwich and Newcastle.

We’ve done well to get as much from games as we have with such a bad defensive record.

To be fair we got little luck, but the luck Arsenal got with their goals partly come about because we just weren’t at it at all in that first 25. Were beaten to every 50/50.

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino

We had a 10 minute spell where we should have scored and that could have made the difference. Fair play to Ramsdale, solid performance. But for most of the rest of the game, Arsenal executed their plan and managed the game. They’re miles ahead of us cos they can actually defend, even the period we had didn’t yield high quality chances because their defence didn’t allow any.

The difference between the teams was defensive organisation. We gave them two easy goals and they hardly made any unforced errors.

The set piece issue can’t go on, it has to be sorted. Get a strategy on attacking set pieces, and stick with it. Defensively, we need to go man for man on the opposition’s best players, and leave at least one player outside the box so teams think twice about committing so many players forward. Not having ‘we’ve got a height issue’ excuse, Rodgers is better than that. 

Got to say I was impressed with Arsenal’s resilience and organisation, not terms you would have said about them for some time. 

Just now, chrisfox said:

Said it in the match thread, but not having a man on the back post at corners is in my opinion ****ing criminal. It's such a basic thing to do, and would have stopped their first, and the one against Brentford

I mean it’s not like we don’t have all 11 players back for every corner…. Oh wait

Game was lost in the first 20 minutes really which is a real shame as i thought there were a lot of positives second half.

It comes down to the usual problems of slow starts and set pieces. They really are the achilis heal of this team although that said, i think attacking wise, Maddison's set pieces were an improvement.

It's a shame we lost, especially given how it would have climbed us up the table, but regroup for Wednesday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

match stats suggest otherwise.

Match stats are as follows:

Arsenal 2 - Leicester 0

The rest are meaningless trinkets like possession… yeah we had loads of possession deep in our own half between the centre halves. Whilst Arsenal watched wondering why we were wasting as much time as them.

• Like 2

I'm furious at that result. We deserved to lose. No praise for the second half performance, was always going to be that way with Arsenal having a lead like that, they just were always going to see the game out. 

I'm losing patience at our defending. We're not three or four games in now. Every single set piece the opposition have I expect a  goal or a massive chance. Not good enough, do we actually work on these things? It's basically a handicap every game. How many times does it have to happen before something changes???

Other end corners are equally a joke.

Barnes is in danger of not progressing as a player. Dangerous player, poor finisher. He has at least one big chance every game and doesn't take his chances. He can't go on like this. 

No idea why Rodgers took Ian off over Maddison. I thought Maddison had looked sharper before today but he's back to normal again now...

• Like 2

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If anything it shows how shit man United were. Put any sort of pressure on the midfield and defence and we have nothing. 

Perfect fit then for BR - bon voyage

Guest Kopfkino
2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Do you think we should switch to a back four? I thought we looked much better both in attack and defence in that formation 

And we’ve look woeful at West Ham, Brighton and Palace with a back 4. Whether it’s 4 or 5 at the back doesn’t really seem to matter, the issues are the foundations of how we are setup without the ball.

why won't Castagne run with the ball the same way Ricardo does? so many times he had the chance to do it but turned back instead.

Ricardo is still our best full back option and its not close for me we missed his presence today