Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Arsenal post match

I am sure if we had scored a few more we would have been in with a chance….….but we didn’t. because we were set up wrong in the first half, our defence was overrun and by the middle of the 2nd half we had pretty much given up. 
Our ability to waste valuable time at corners, set pieces and faffing about at the back still astounds me.

….still, the memorial garden looked lovely with all the floral tributes still on show.

Cannot help thinking how great the loss of Fofana has effected us.  With a fit Fofana  and a fit JJ/Wilf and the defense would look so much better.  Given how tall Benkovic is, wtf is going on? Is he really that useless?

1 hour ago, NaijaFox said:

Not a "massive coincidence", just the nature of the game.

Goals often change the dynamics of football games. In this case, it caused us to play better and put Arsenal on the back foot.   

Or Arsenal dropped off allowing us to look better eh. 

14 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

So slow out of the blocks again today and it’s cost us the game. 

The changes we made at half time should of been made after 20 minutes.

This is ongoing concern, we are terrible at starting matches, our press was a disgrace the first 20 minutes, why wasn’t Rodgers on the touch line shouting orders

Should of started with the wingers the Arsenal full backs being so inexperienced at this level, we should of targeted them

Thomas is not good enough 

Our passing and movement so ponderous again.

Edited by dayday

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Cannot help thinking how great the loss of Fofana has effected us.  With a fit Fofana  and a fit JJ/Wilf and the defense would look so much better.  Given how tall Benkovic is, wtf is going on? Is he really that useless?

Didn’t Fofana play when we were getting mullered end of last season? Our defensive shape is laughable. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

First, the disagreement was actually whether they "coasted"...

I am in complete agreement their play dropped off - but it was because we played much better.

If they sat "deeper" it was only because we pushed up (with our wingers) and put them under pressure. 

Here's an (admittedly inexact) analogy: we failed to score in this game because Ramsdale pulled off some top-shelf saves and not because our attack was blunt or particularly wasteful. Sometimes, what happens to you is as a result of the effort of others.  

....I get the impression we are looking at different periods of the game!!!

I am alluding to the first half where they dropped off and sat deeper, your comment about our Wingers pushing them back making me believe you are reflecting on the second half.

We did have success in the second half but they had already adopted that mindset (dropping deeper) in the first half, having gone two goals up in 18 minutes. As I said if that was us, I would have been livid as you open up the door to lose control of the game.

Vardy had a very good chance to score with his head and put it wide there were other incidents where Ramsdale was not involved and we failed to hit the target.

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I get the impression we are looking at different periods of the game!!!

I am alluding to the first half where they dropped off and sat deeper, your comment about our Wingers pushing them back making me believe you are reflecting on the second half.

We did have success in the second half but they had already adopted that mindset (dropping deeper) in the first half, having gone two goals up in 18 minutes. As I said if that was us, I would have been livid as you open up the door to lose control of the game.

Vardy had a very good chance to score with his head and put it wide there were other incidents where Ramsdale was not involved and we failed to hit the target.

Yes, I did say in my initial post on this discourse that "We simply outplayed them second half."

Nonetheless, we could easily have clawed back two goals in the first-half but for two worldies by Ramsdale.

The reality is that they started like a house on fire while, we slept-walked...

But once we finally woke up, they could no longer push up and support the frenetic pressing they employed early.

It was not an Arsenal "mindset" issue - more like ours finally realizing that it was not an exhibition kickaround.

Edited by NaijaFox

One of those weird days. Didn’t play that badly for much of it, but we need to take our chances. Yes Ramsdale had a good game, but how often does Harvey hit the keeper when though on goal. One of Barnes or Vardy has to hit the target with glancing headers.

I don’t buy it that they sat back, they weren’t in control and we were playing through them - only ourselves to blame.

The defending from set pieces is not good enough. Im not sure why a manager of Bren’s ability can’t address this - maybe it’s Kasper’s weakness with crosses. Whatever it is, it’s a big worry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Forgive me but on what planet did we ‘outplay’ them in the second half? 

We did create enough towards the end of the first and all the second half to have at least got the game level. Just so frustrating that we were asleep for the first 25 minutes 

• Like 1

Concerning how the same issues don't seem to get solved - namely slow starts and poor set pieces at either end. These two problems have existed for the last couple of years. I know the defence is pretty shocking at the moment, but that is a relatively new issue that compounds the fact of our slow starts. A corner should be a genuine opportunity to score and yet when we get one it basically feels like it may as well be a goal kick. Why hasn't either of these things improved in two years ? 

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

One of those days. Why Rodgers thought a left hand side of Cags and Thomas would cope with Saka I do not know. 

Seems every time we fix a problem in one area, it creates another somewhere else on the pitch. 

What were the options? Bertrand and Vestergaard?

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Means absolutely nothing. We didn’t score or really create any big chances, therefore we didn’t outplay anyone. There is absolutely no consolation today, no matter how you spin it. 

LOL! Perhaps you should've asked in what planet did we "outscore" them (which of course no-one said we did)...

A proper football discussion involves a little more than just reciting scores - anyone could look up the scores on 'teletext'! lol

Paid the price for probably our poorest start of the season! First 25mins looked like they’d just got out of bed. Second half was much better (it had to be), and but for Ramsdale and some wayward finishes we could’ve turned it around. They started really well, overloading the wide areas and pulling us all over the shop. Move on to Moscow, and hopefully start the coming games more awake and with more intent.