Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Arsenal post match

Can anyone tell me why a succession of City managers refuse to leave 1,2, or guess what even 3 up for a defended corner? It would take players out the box and hopefully put an end to this zonal marking rubbish. Madison does nothing at a corner, Vardy does but needn’t be the near post man, Barnes or Lookman too contribute nowt defensively just block up the box?

• Like 3

Not going to get carried away with this. We defended horrendously in the first 20 minutes, but tell us something we didn't know. Our defence is horrid at the moment.

For the majority of the game, we had Arsenal on the back foot and they needed a sensational, man-of-the-match performance from their keeper to stop us.

We'll have worse attacking performances than that and win. If we can sort the defence out and play that way going forward, we'll batter most teams playing like that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox85 said:

The better team lost but move onto the next game.

The start we have had to this season cost us anyway I think we will need to look at leicester getting between 9th and 12th to realise that will be a good season for us 

Not having that. The better team won on the day. If you can't even concede that then your footballing knowledge is either blinkered at best or none existent at worse. Nothing wrong in admitting we were outplayed and outthought on the day.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

What was their plan? To "drop off" and rely on their GK's world-class saves? 

Yes, Arsenal dropped off, but that's because we played better - not just "look better" lol

Their plan was to drop deeper and try and pick us off when we fumbled and bumbled about with the ball, like most teams who go into. 2-0 lead. They had zero need to expel the energy they had been doing, hence “coasting”, which is what almost any team in the world will do at 2-0. ****, we try it at 1-0…. Suddenly the other team looks a bit better as we are giving them more space. Shock, horror. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

Fair points about Leicester but not sure Arsenal deserved to win by more. They survived not conceding in that second half by some pretty average finishing by Leicester, some good goalkeeping and by resorting to shithousery at the end. 

It was like watching Arsenal of the early 00’s….. their antics were embarrassing and did make the defeat somewhat bitter to swallow. They had a couple of good chances after the two goals, I felt our chances were all rushed and forced…. Just was a pretty shite day at the office. 

I mean, bringing Daka on when you’re not putting the ball into dangerous areas just seemed stupid. 

When we’re bad, we’re pretty naff and today was one of those days where we could have been playing until next Tuesday and wouldn’t score. 

• Like 1

Not going to have a melt down. Poor result and some bad luck. 

My main concern is that we are so easy to play against. Get at us with high intensity and we capitulate. Then once the struggle is uphill like a cliff we start playing. Poor coaching to be honest. Brendan’s job to have them at it from the start. 

• Like 1

Start like we did in the second half and no doubt we walk away with three points.

I hate the fact we always do this to ourselves. Concede first and play crap, come back from the break, all of a sudden we’re interested, until it’s too late to make a comeback.

It’s the ‘Leicester way’.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Just not our day today, we’ve done everything but score. Ramsdale has had the game of his life, that save from Madders freekick was up there with the best I’ve ever seen.

Poor opening 20, but other than that we were the better team.

We go again mid week!

It’s that’s being over optimistic. We had our moments but overall were second best. 

35 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

LOL! Perhaps you should've asked in what planet did we "outscore" them (which of course no-one said we did)...

A proper football discussion involves a little more than just reciting scores - anyone could look up the scores on 'teletext'! lol

We didn’t outplay them. It’s black and white mush.

If we’re going to start judging performances on things that ultimately mean nish in the grand scheme then you need to give your head a wobble. It’s not good enough, simple as. 

The same old problems. Yet another awful start and yet another awful display from set pieces - they're enough to totally undermine our season. They aren't minor issues, they're severe, especially when you're as bad at them as we are.

Second half was better but it's no good when you're starting virtually every game at -2. 1 clean sheet in 14 games and it was against a dire Millwall.

• Like 2

I’m starting to think this season is going to disappoint big time, win a game or two then have a couple of really poor performances and so on then ultimately end up mid table. Seems to be the same problems for a while now and nothing is changing, hope I’m proved wrong but sick of feeling so frustrated most weeks especially after letting champions league slip away 2 seasons on the trot which was heartbreaking.

28 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Bad football but Fcuking awful crowd. Players can’t be motivated playing in front of a library. Outplayed and vastly outsung by the arse

The first twenty minutes sucked the life out of the crowd. The fans react to on-field effort first. In the second half when we showed attacking intent and actually created good chances the crowd roared them on. Don’t blame us fans for the defensive ineptitude ffs.

• Like 1

Evans is our only quality defender. Soyuncu has been so poor for so long now that I have forgotten how good he was two seasons ago. Thomas’s first half showing was embarrassing but he was better when Barnes came on. And Amartey and Soumare need to practise their passing

As long as we continue to struggle at corners - at both ends - and fail to inject pace into our build up play (especially at home), any ambitions we have will be thwarted.

The good news is that Maddison has got his mojo back, Evans looks back to full fitness and Barnes has responded positively to being dropped for his atrocious performance at Palace.

I think tenth is about where we deserve to be after what we have offered this season.

As for Arsenal, a bang average team with a goalkeeper who had the game of his life. His bow at the end to the Kop who had been giving him grief all second half was pretty impressive too. Respect.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Arsenal fans banging on about that Ramsdale save being a wonder save. Just seen it now; not even that great. Would be disappointed if he didn’t get it. 

He had a great game though.

And his distribution overall was exceptional.

36 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Bad football but Fcuking awful crowd. Players can’t be motivated playing in front of a library. Outplayed and vastly outsung by the arse

That's bo11ox!

Anything we had to cheer for was sucked out of us in the first 15 minutes.

Considering that there were some moments when we really tried to get the players going.

As said numerous  times, it's a two way thing between  the players and fans.

Normally it will only take a crunching Vardy tackle to get the crowd pumped up.

I'm not having we were rubbish completely  today sorry.