Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Arsenal post match

33 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

We didn’t outplay them. It’s black and white mush.

If we’re going to start judging performances on things that ultimately mean nish in the grand scheme then you need to give your head a wobble. It’s not good enough, simple as. 

Glad you yourself said "performances" (not results) lol

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Their plan was to drop deeper and try and pick us off when we fumbled and bumbled about with the ball, like most teams who go into. 2-0 lead. They had zero need to expel the energy they had been doing, hence “coasting”, which is what almost any team in the world will do at 2-0. ****, we try it at 1-0…. Suddenly the other team looks a bit better as we are giving them more space. Shock, horror. 

As Mike Tyson once said, everyone has a plan until they're hit in the mouth.... lol

So, whatever you think their "plan" was (just like presumably our own plan to try to win the game), that's not actually what transpired. Rather, what actually happened is that we started playing better and push them deeper.

Btw, they expended just as much energy (if not more) defending. 

Frantically diving in for blocks and chasing around in defense is NOT "coasting" by any rational definition.

Edited by NaijaFox

We can all have debates about tactics and personnel, but the worrying thing for me this season is the lack of intensity and running, the basics. Other teams are working harder than us, out running us and out working us. You can just tell they want it more. I thought a corner had been turned a little over the last couple of weeks, but that 2nd goal today summed it up, players running off us, not sprinting back. 

Every running, sprint, distance covered stat for the season that i have seen, we have been near the bottom. We need to correct this urgently and get our hunger back 

6 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

We can all have debates about tactics and personnel, but the worrying thing for me this season is the lack of intensity and running, the basics. Other teams are working harder than us, out running us and out working us. You can just tell they want it more. I thought a corner had been turned a little over the last couple of weeks, but that 2nd goal today summed it up, players running off us, not sprinting back. 

Every running, sprint, distance covered stat for the season that i have seen, we have been near the bottom. We need to correct this urgently and get our hunger back 

So you have a source for that claim? 

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

why won't Castagne run with the ball the same way Ricardo does? so many times he had the chance to do it but turned back instead.

Ricardo is still our best full back option and its not close for me we missed his presence today

He used to, maybe a confidence thing, maybe under instruction. 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Might seem a bit blue mongie but I think a lot of opinions forget about human reactions. Being a bit pretentious here. Confidence ain’t great 

Saw reports with Barnes saying confidence is high, I don't think that's an excuse for the first half though, we just looked like we were half arsed, the game was a big one at home, that shod be motivation enougb

34 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

As long as we have a goalkeeper who NEVER comes out to claim the ball we will continue to concede cheap goals at corners. And attacking corners? Do we spend any training time working on them ? POOR.

He was coming out for crosses during his warm up. Unchallenged, of course. 

• Haha 1

Guest Danny Clender

I can only hope we’re like ‘Better Call Saul’ ie a really slow start to the season, but we get really good by season 3 or 4 when the whole Los Pollos Hermanos arc kicks in. 
Today was true sludge metal, and I love sludge metal, but that was a power of shite.

ermmm where was I?

we’ll be reet.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Shit game between two shitly set up teams.

First half we were awful, a disgrace, as bad as we’ve been all season which barr the last few games (where I thought maybe, hopefully we’d turned a corner) we’ve been pretty consistently crap.

The difference between today and the general feeling from how we’ve started the season is instead of being angry about this incessant sideways playing out from the back nonsense was there wasn’t any, we didn’t get the ball, we were simply sloppy all over the pitch from the 1st second, abit of it did creep in around the 20th odd minute.

You just knew we weren’t in the game and knew how it was going to go from the first whistle.

That said and slightly contradictory from me, I hoped we could get back in it because Arsenal were far from anything special.

Second half we came out a lot better for about a 20 minutes spell then it went back to how we were in the first half.

The Arsenal fans make me laugh thinking they’re world beaters again. They’re far from anything special.

Good summary, exactly how I saw the game.

This forum still never ceases to amaze me…. Four wins in a row, slip up against a pretty decent side by all accounts, and all of sudden it’s because the fans are shit…….

Arsenal stated the game extremely well, they did all the damage in the first 15 minutes, and we weren’t able to find a way back into the game. We had some chances, played better in the second half, but didn’t quite get the result.

It happens, Arsenal are still a decent team with very capable players, today was a bad day at the office, no need to start throwing the towel in already, there’s still so much to play for this season. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Not having that. The better team won on the day. If you can't even concede that then your footballing knowledge is either blinkered at best or none existent at worse. Nothing wrong in admitting we were outplayed and outthought on the day.

Show me the match stats and prove me wrong about my football knowledge maybe it's you lack of football knowledge that is a issue.

We had a bad 20 mins and out played them for 75 mins.

Yes the better team lost it happens its football.

• Like 1

Terrible start and we just never recovered. We only woke up after we're 2-0 down but even then we didn't look like scoring. The freekick which didn't make it over the line summed up how the game went. Need to show more urgency starting games and be much better from set pieces. Just feels like it's going to be a mid-table, mediocre season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Their plan was to drop deeper and try and pick us off when we fumbled and bumbled about with the ball, like most teams who go into. 2-0 lead. They had zero need to expel the energy they had been doing, hence “coasting”, which is what almost any team in the world will do at 2-0. ****, we try it at 1-0…. Suddenly the other team looks a bit better as we are giving them more space. Shock, horror. 

Sure, except they still needed to remain organised and work to keep us out. We did try hard in the second half to pull the game back. They weren't great at keeping us out tbh given the number of missed chances we wasted. But the idea they were cruising seems weird when we were an active attacking agent in the game for most of the game (minus the first 25 and last 5min). They didn't coast, they changed tactics. 

A real attitude and mentality problem in our squad. 

I'm seriously ****ed off with a frankly garbage effort from the team 1st half

BR needs to sort this shit out because its inexplicable the way we look mentally after winning games recently. 

On another note, saw something i hadn't seen in years today. 

About an hour after the game, 4 City lads decided to have a pop at an arsenal minibus. All.too predictable to see the bus of lads unload.....the 4 city lads were heavily outnumbered and took a bit of a proper pasting. 

They didn't back down or run, in a way to their  credit. Lunacy really. They ain't half gonna be sore tomorrow morning. 

• Haha 3

First half second best everywhere and tactically arteta did a number on Rogers. Second half first 20 very good from us could of Scored a few. Then clever play for abamyang winning free kick, arsenal surround ref demanding red, momentum changed and we never threatened again. Whilst we were poor for the large pet, we are so nice and easy to play against, we never do clever fouls! Arsenal did loss, loss which not a booking but are clever! Rogers took far too long to change it today! 

positive for me, nice to see Barnes running at a full back again and Thomas looking twice the player with a winger in front of him after shocking first half! 

2 hours ago, casablancas said:

Bad football but Fcuking awful crowd. Players can’t be motivated playing in front of a library. Outplayed and vastly outsung by the arse

...they did well enough last season!!!

When we start off all over the pitch, and not knowing which way is up, you can understand the bewilderment of our crowd as to what they were seeing. 

First 20 minutes were a horror show, spent the next 25 minutes looking shell shocked. 

Second half was much better, a keeper having one of those days and not much else going our way.

Arsenal are still Arsenal, we beat ourselves today. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Show me the match stats and prove me wrong about my football knowledge maybe it's you lack of football knowledge that is a issue.

We had a bad 20 mins and out played them for 75 mins.

Yes the better team lost it happens its football.

....not sure about the lack of football knowledge...but the maths needs some attention!!!