Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Arsenal post match

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Means absolutely nothing. We didn’t score or really create any big chances, therefore we didn’t outplay anyone. There is absolutely no consolation today, no matter how you spin it. 

Nonsense we cut them open time and again. We were very wasteful and only have ourselves to blame, but created enough chances to win that game. A combination of poor finishing and great goalkeeping was the difference today. Alongside our inability to defend set pieces.

• Like 4

Today's result has really deflated me, esp with us being on the same points as these and Manure and then they both win. Also I hate to single players out but madders really pissed me off today with his performance and attitude. Going over for corners at snails pace, no effort to close down. I would say this was his worst performance for us since he joined. Yes Thomas didn't have a great game but that wasn't due to lack of effort and you can't fault that. 

• Like 2

What an incredibly frustrating afternoon, started so slow and lethargic from the first minute and deserved to be 2 down after 18mins. Another set piece goal conceded, no men on the post, it may have been said already in previous pages but it would be interesting to know how many goals we’ve conceded from this zonal marking malarkey! Seems far too easy!

2nd half was much better and we had plenty of opportunities to get a goal back, genuinely feel if we got 1 we would have got an equaliser too but fair play to Ramsdale, I’ve never rated him but thought he was excellent. 

• Like 1

The same old slow starts, the same old horrendous set piece defending, the same old starting a game essentially 2 down. That's no foundation to build a good season on. Such a disappointing result against such an average side (and they are average, time will prove this).

Today was a bit of an acid test and we flunked it. Rubbish.

• Like 4

One of those games today that realistically we should’ve known after that outrageous Ramsdale save that it wasn’t going to be our day.

Having said that, Rodgers has to do something about how badly we start games.

Today the first action of the game was Thomas taking 45-60 seconds to take a throw in because no one was showing for the ball…. At one minute into the game! We then make the wrong decision and the ball turns over. It set the tone terribly. We then lost every individual battle all over the pitch. 

I liked our attitude in the second half until the 7th time their players faked an injury, then we looked like we’d given up which was disappointing. 

Having said all of this, I’ve said since the start of the season that if we’re 6-10 points off the European places in January (with Fofana & Justin back), we’ll finish 7th. I’ve got faith that with a fully fit 1st XI we’ll get it right more often than not. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Not having that. The better team won on the day. If you can't even concede that then your footballing knowledge is either blinkered at best or none existent at worse. Nothing wrong in admitting we were outplayed and outthought on the day.

Your theory is not backed up by the XG stats. We lost that game via a shocking first twenty minutes, followed by profligate finishing for the remainder of the game that we controlled and via an inspired display by a goalie currently riding on a crest of a wave of confidence! 

B4F99B5B-48CA-406F-94C3-D19C08279AEA.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We've been due something like this all season. Every week it's the same story about a lack of tempo or intensity early on and eventually someone was going to punish us to an extent we couldn't find a way back. Yes, we were the better side after about 20 minutes but that isn't good enough if you want to be in that top 6 shake up. Whether it's the players being complacent after a decent run or the management team not getting the message across, it's an issue that's becoming as frustrating as our inability to defend set pieces.

4 hours ago, casablancas said:

Bad football but Fcuking awful crowd. Players can’t be motivated playing in front of a library. Outplayed and vastly outsung by the arse

Load of nonsense. I felt we were right behind them for most of the second half. I thought the Arsenal fans were the poorest away fans for a long time. 2-0 up and your team is under the cosh and I hardly heard a peep from them.

For me I'm still treating this as a off day for the foxes. Still feel we have better squad than Arsenal, they just caught us off guard today. For me we're screaming out for that exciting attacking midfielder who sits behind the vardy and nacho to make summit happen... it should be maddison but we're just not getting it from him this season. 

3 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

Saka looked bright early on but hardly terrorised us. Barnes did more than he managed all game - I thought he gave the right back a bit of torrid time - just too fast strong and direct for him.

...Sako does have to create and score to have to be effective !!!

Just dragging players out of position in order to create space for his team mates is an effective contribution.

Barnes may have been running his defender but he wasn't pulling defenders out of their shape in order to create the space for our attackers.

• Like 1

Games gone after 10 minutes.

Not only are you 2-0 down but you're subject to time wasting antics and Ramsdale was unbeatable today.

If Barnes could finish he'd be at another club.

Wife was teasing me saying " are you gonna cry now" so I told her to fuch off and now we're not speaking.

Weekend ruined, thank you you pathetic bunch of overpaid pussìes

Edited by Royston.
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Simply beaten by the better side today. 
Tactically better and with better players

Not arguing about today's result, though on another day still think we could have got something. But I assume when you say they have "better players" you mean better players on the day rather than per se? Not sure more than 2 or 3 of Arsenal's team today would get in our strongest team, which yet again we were not able to field of course. Smith-Rowe as the 10 and Saka on the right but beyond that I wouldn't take any of their other players over ours to be honest. Nor would I take Arteta over Rodgers. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

15 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Games gone after 10 minutes.

Not only are you 2-0 down but you're subject to time wasting antics and Ramsdale was unbeatable today.

If Barnes could finish he'd be at another club.

Wife was teasing me saying " are you gonna cry now" so I told her to fuch off and now we're not speaking.

Weekend ruined, thank you you pathetic bunch of overpaid pussìes

Unrelated, but just watched The Many Saints of Newark

11 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Sounds like Brentford fans, have Not into our phsyc

Not at all. I was merely pointing out that we had several big chances in response to a poster saying we didn't create much. I didn't say that as a result we deserved to win, as Brentford fans were claiming last week. Whilst there is no doubt we created enough chances to get at least a point, ultimately you only deserve something if you take those chances. 

I usually get really upset when we lose especially a Prem match but not today. I refuse to let the same errors (corner defending) and crap tap ins from calamitous defending get me down. I felt like I was watching a rerun of a match id seen before. If the team and Rodgers can't be bothered to sort things out on the training ground then I'm afraid I can't be bothered to let it ruin my weekend.

• Like 1

Come on Brendan when the hell are u going to get the team to play forward attacking football , that 1st half of playing freaking backwards was terrible. U can’t keep playing armatry and Thomas because they just don’t play forward , all ur does is put pressure on the team , that had to be the worst 1st half I have watched

11 hours ago, Babylon said:

All but one of the keepers saves were regulation anyone should make them saves. Even that wasn’t in the blooming corner and apparently that means we played well lol

The hype around that Ramsdale save from the free kick is absolutely baffling. I mean, it's a good stretch but it's largely from his own iffy positioning in the first place. I've genuinely heard it referred to as the best save they've ever seen. What am I missing?

• Like 1