Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Arsenal post match

5 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Your theory is not backed up by the XG stats. We lost that game via a shocking first twenty minutes, followed by profligate finishing for the remainder of the game that we controlled and via an inspired display by a goalie currently riding on a crest of a wave of confidence! 

B4F99B5B-48CA-406F-94C3-D19C08279AEA.jpeg

I do think xG is a decent concept but it's flawed as it doesn't take into account the context of a game. Arsenal have no real need to rack up higher xG when they're gifted a two goal lead. That said we really should've scored.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The hype around that Ramsdale save from the free kick is absolutely baffling. I mean, it's a good stretch but it's largely from his own iffy positioning in the first place. I've genuinely heard it referred to as the best save they've ever seen. What am I missing?

I think that was Peter Schmeichel. Knows what he's talking about, but also a bit biased.

11 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Show me the match stats and prove me wrong about my football knowledge maybe it's you lack of football knowledge that is a issue.

We had a bad 20 mins and out played them for 75 mins.

Yes the better team lost it happens its football.

stats don't win games goals do. This was not a smash and grab by them by any means. They knew exactly what to do the second half  as would most top teams and just saw the game out. They scored two goals more than us and defended better than us. stats or no stats they are the facts.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iancognito said:

We've been due something like this all season. Every week it's the same story about a lack of tempo or intensity early on and eventually someone was going to punish us to an extent we couldn't find a way back. Yes, we were the better side after about 20 minutes but that isn't good enough if you want to be in that top 6 shake up. Whether it's the players being complacent after a decent run or the management team not getting the message across, it's an issue that's becoming as frustrating as our inability to defend set pieces.

Been due something like this all season? It’s not the first time it’s happened West Ham (which was even more unacceptable than yesterday)? Brighton? Not to mention games we’ve scrapped draws and occasional wins when we’ve started scrappy and negative. Which going back to Corkys point results over performances, I love a shithouse win, but both must be looked at and when you’re getting neither there is nowhere to hide especially when it’s happening on a consistent basis.

6 hours ago, tickler28 said:

I usually get really upset when we lose especially a Prem match but not today. I refuse to let the same errors (corner defending) and crap tap ins from calamitous defending get me down. I felt like I was watching a rerun of a match id seen before. If the team and Rodgers can't be bothered to sort things out on the training ground then I'm afraid I can't be bothered to let it ruin my weekend.

Same. I had the inevitable feeling of disconnect and horrible feeling of ‘meh’, ‘don’t care’, or ‘whatever’ under Puel, it’s the same shite every week, I’ll still mention the glaring issues because they are still there and will remain to be there, nothings changing anytime soon but I’m past getting wound up about it now, you generally know what you’re gonna get before you even turn up at the stadium - very occasionally you might get a surprise. 

As I’ve said I don’t necessarily blame Rodgers for yesterday, I pin a lot of it on the players, they were sloppy, they started slow, they didn’t look interested but where have we seen that trait and trend in the past? 

Edited by Matt

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I do think xG is a decent concept but it's flawed as it doesn't take into account the context of a game. Arsenal have no real need to rack up higher xG when they're gifted a two goal lead. That said we really should've scored.

I would agree if I hadn’t witnessed how many times we got behind them. For a team trying to nullify us they were getting shredded at the back. It was more our lack of finishing/luck which went against us. Ramsdale did really well especially closing down guys in the box quickly and blocking their shots. He closed down quicker than most of our midfield today.

14 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

So you have a source for that claim? 

I suppose it’s how you interpret the data. Chelsea near the bottom for distance covered but I suppose they dominate possession in most of the games etc. The key one for me is the intense sprints, being the worst in the league, which backs up many peoples observations about us being too passive and lacking intensity to our play, not pressing or running back with players, hence Schmeichel being the busiest keeper with saves made. Too easy to play through and get at. 

F90E41B6-AD8F-4DC5-8F4C-2F7B56E8905F.jpeg

3295E25D-63E2-471C-8C25-56B82CC7CCF8.jpeg

89699604-EDEE-4999-9C20-6FDCB1DA8B8E.jpeg

29897134-CE1B-41B3-B188-8AC196B08314.jpeg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Very bad tempo right from the off minute one ball is trickling to the touchline Luke could have played it but didnt bother so we gat a throw loose the ball and amartey almost own goal 

Agree with this. Shocking way to start a match 

That sprint intensity stat is shocking.  However, newcastle and Norwich are quite high up in there which probably means they are using their physicality to make up for technical shortcomings  

I guess we need to compare to last season and the one before for first half season numbers before trying to draw any conclusions. 

Those charts above dont people realise better teams move the ball around the pitch more hence the reason the opposition has to cover the most ground in order to get a defensive shape against it.  Hence the reason teams like Chelsea for example are low in it.  It really isnt rocket science.

12 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Your theory is not backed up by the XG stats. We lost that game via a shocking first twenty minutes, followed by profligate finishing for the remainder of the game that we controlled and via an inspired display by a goalie currently riding on a crest of a wave of confidence! 

B4F99B5B-48CA-406F-94C3-D19C08279AEA.jpeg

So we couldn't defend, couldn't shoot, went 2-0 down and were totally insipid for the first half... but people actually think we somehow were the better team and deserved to win. Why the fook would they need to rack up more shots or create more chances when they are 2-0 up lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

So we couldn't defend, couldn't shoot, went 2-0 down and were totally insipid for the first half... but people actually think we somehow were the better team and deserved to win. Why the fook would they need to rack up more shots or create more chances when they are 2-0 up lol

That would be a good argument if they'd held us at arms length after they went 2 up. We created enough chances after that to win. 

Im not pretending we should have won, but to pretend it was easy for Arsenal to sit back is not a fair reflection of what happened. 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

That would be a good argument if they'd held us at arms length after they went 2 up. We created enough chances after that to win. 

Im not pretending we should have won, but to pretend it was easy for Arsenal to sit back is not a fair reflection of what happened. 

But they did sit back, as you would at 2-0. It's not a tactic I like, I hate it when Rodgers does it, because ultimately it concedes possession and allows the other team to get a foothold they didn't have... which is what happened. 

It's pointless looking at what happened when we went 2-0 down and saying oooh we played better, when the opposition stopping pressing so much and allowing you the ball lets you back in, and we actually bring some attacking players on, instead of playing 8 defensive players.

Ultimately we weren't good enough, our defensive shape and pressing was actually laughable, we couldn't shoot for shit. And people blowing smoke up the keepers arse, when in reality he made one good save. The rest was just standard closing down we'd expect Kasper to do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Mister said:

If Leicester had started the game playing attacking football and not defensive football, then they would have done a lot better and perhaps won the game.

Same old same old, waiting to go behind before we decide to let the shackles off. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The hype around that Ramsdale save from the free kick is absolutely baffling. I mean, it's a good stretch but it's largely from his own iffy positioning in the first place. I've genuinely heard it referred to as the best save they've ever seen. What am I missing?

Correct it's good but not amazing

Guest Col city fan
8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Disagree

Look at his starting position when the free kick was taken. He even said on MOTD that he knows Maddison and was protecting the side that wasn’t covered by the wall

That was an amazing save. One of the best I’ve seen in a long long time

Got it wrong tactically in the first half: trying to play thorough the middle and completely lacking threat on the wings. It didn't help that our defence continues to look inconsistent, and players kept getting caught out of position.

Substitutions at half time were very well judged and brought on the players we needed. Suddenly chances kept on coming from the wings and we were unlucky not to do better out of this. Heigh ho.

Given our manager keeps telling everyone pressing, intensity and energy is our DNA - being rock bottom of the league on sprints is absolutely fvcking appalling. 

Like, he should be in Wheelan's office first thing Monday morning explaining himself levels of appalling. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Rodgers made 10 changes for the cup game in midweek, but he did bring on some first team players!!!

It was very much the formation that had us undone, where we can be too aggressive with our Wingbacks and push too high up the pitch. The spaces behind the Wingbacks were being targeted by Arsenal and where there success was coming from. They just played around us and we were not at the races.

We needed to adjust and match up with them, but that does not happen with Rodgers, as he waits till at best half time or 65 minutes to make the change. A query in another topic regarding bringing in Potter, would have seen Potter make the adjustment immediately to prevent further damage and allow the players to regroup, and be not so flustered by what was going on around them. 

We have seen how vulnerable we can be with an aggressive approach with our Wingbacks and we have gone down this line again, Rodgers just seem to fail to learn from past experiences, and you would hope he does not  go down this route again, but he will.

Listening to talk sport on the way into work this morning Tony Cascarino was saying yes we’ve got some and had some important players missing through injury, but he also feels that Brendan doesn’t really know what or who his best 11 players are ?

Makes you wonder if some pundits are saying what some are thinking on here also questioning his tactics, and yes agree regarding potter as watching how he instantly changed things in the cup game to compete with us and at times trouble is so much !