Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Arsenal post match

2 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I didn’t see anything about that Arsenal side that’s better than Brighton / West Ham / Everton etc …. So 6-12th mid table side.

We didn’t outplay them for 70 minutes at all. We had possession, comfortable for the opposition possession - in our own half. That’s them controlling the game not us. 

in reality we should have scored 1 maybe 2, but so should they…. So maybe a fairer score line would have been 1-3. 

Arsenal started like a train yesterday 

they did the same against palace 

but against palace they only scored one early on 

no one knows if their approach to the game post 25 mins yesterday was down to the fact they were 2 up or that they simply run out of steam after half an hour or ideas once the opposition make tactical tweaks to adjust. 

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Hate to say this but Chilwell would have scored from that chance Thomas had!

This place is barmy sometimes

I can’t stand how Chilwell has dissed the club since he’s left, but he’s a bloody good left back and is only getting better.

Which is why Chelsea bought him

He also probably thought he’d fook our ‘fans’ off with the stick he was getting too. To be fair, so would I 

33 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This place is barmy sometimes

I can’t stand how Chilwell has dissed the club since he’s left, but he’s a bloody good left back and is only getting better.

Which is why Chelsea bought him

He also probably thought he’d fook our ‘fans’ off with the stick he was getting too. To be fair, so would I 

That's because both you and him are knobs Col lol

Only jesting, of course...

On 30/10/2021 at 15:35, Freeman's Wharfer said:

"Passes were laboured"

Exactly. At times yes "laboured". That was what it felt like watching live at the KP, both the speed of the ball when passed and the time taken to make the pass. The slow+slow combination felt weird, like the sunlight was making them dozy. That wasn't consistent across the team, and wasn't even consistent for some players (Thomas with Barnes or with Vardy was super fast and slick, but less so earlier with others). Watching the game again on TV today (without the emotional pain) I was surprised to find there was so much more to like. If three of the six close good chances are converted then we could have had multiple comments of the "sloppy start good recovery great to see" type. But we didn't and the vent fest followed. So let me join in...I can quickly reach a level of really hating Status Quo tunes when sung by loud Arsenal supporters. No imagination, no variation, just the same boring rocking all over the world. 

The rate that this place devolves. First twenty minutes were shite and based on that we deserved the loss. Arsenal did slow down for the last 25 mins of the first half and we created a few chances. Second half following switch to 4 and wide men we looked decent, created some very very good chances and Barnes perhaps should have bagged at least one. But we know his finishing can be hit and miss which is why he’s still at lcfc. Ramsdale had a very good game and was extremely commanding. I think if that free kick goes in and we win the game. But it didn’t and we lost.  There are certainly some positives from the match but again some very worrying signs that Brends and his team just aren’t rectifying. We pretty much had our strongest 11 out and it had been on a winning run. Pick up again and go again in Russia and hopefully demolish Leeds. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

Those charts above dont people realise better teams move the ball around the pitch more hence the reason the opposition has to cover the most ground in order to get a defensive shape against it.  Hence the reason teams like Chelsea for example are low in it.  It really isnt rocket science.

....how would the 15/16 team score in that table!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Corky said:

He knows who his best 11 players are but some aren't/ weren't available and the bulk of the team who started yesterday had contributed to 3 wins in a row in league and Europe and managed 10 goals.

I don't think the selection was particularly bad yesterday but the start to the game was. 

Unfortunately I didn’t see the first 50 min of the game as I was at work, settled down during my lunch break to catch last 40min or so thought we were unlucky not to get back into the game Ramsdale saved the Gooneys from a loss.

God knows what happened in the first 20 min heard on Talkshite they almost walked the first in and the second was just as damning, we definitely need to sort out our defensive situation we’re so awful in defence at times yes we have Fofana missing but Cags has had some awful displays at the back which has cost us. And as said our wing backs are caught too far forward and we are our own masters of our own downfall when found out and teams are finding us out and hitting the wing backs channels and benefitting from the out of positioned players ?

We often as well pass around far too deep in our defence passing back around the defence rather than to get the ball forward to our midfield or forwards quicker a lot of stop start play, these Jekyll & Hyde performances are costing us big time so let’s hope Brendan can halt these performances and get us back playing our old amazing quality self !!

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 1

Have to say how much I enjoyed the post match music as we waited to get out yesterday. It was bad enough having to watch the Arsenal fans/players celebration but did our club really not think it through? 

"So, throw those curtains wide
One Day Like This a year would see me right" :facepalm:

• Like 1

Onto Thursday night hoping a decent win against Spartak Moscow get Daka  scoring for fun again, then up to Leeds on the weekend after watching highlights of them V Norwich if we don’t beat teams like this then we don’t deserve to be near the top 5 spots !

Edited by justfoxes

22 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

The script was really predictable within 10seconds.

Arsenal kicked off, had 3 passes and played it very poorly into touch.

Instead of urgently taking the throw and going for the jugular we took an age to take the throw. It looked like a time wasting throw in the last minute!

We set the tone, and they couldn’t believe their luck

Yes, it only took me 2 minutes watching to be convinced the game was lost.  We just seemed overwhelmed and bemused, clueless, by their pressing, and unable to get out of it..

During the next twenty minutes they were all over us.  Nothing special about their attacking play;  it was more the fact that, under their press, we had given them licence to play the ball around us at will by dint of our sleepy start.  We just didn't compete.

We may have improved and had a decent 2nd half but it's always more difficult to take your chances when you're 2 goals down already. You're more nervous and the timing isn't so on song (e.g. Barnes touch just a fraction to heart allowing Ramsdale to smother).

Such a depressing watch.  Can only hope we come up trumps on Thursday and put it behind us.

• Like 3

On 31/10/2021 at 09:29, Babylon said:

So we couldn't defend, couldn't shoot, went 2-0 down and were totally insipid for the first half... but people actually think we somehow were the better team and deserved to win. Why the fook would they need to rack up more shots or create more chances when they are 2-0 up lol

Closet Arsenal fan 👆🏻