Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Arsenal post match

5 minutes ago, Tomek said:

Boring and predictable. Just like the manager

Not sure if this is aimed at Rodgers? If it is, I don’t really think he can be blamed for picking the starting line up he did and I think the changes he made were right and early enough. We were just unlucky not to score in the second half and it was too much of a mountain to climb after the poor start. 

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

I want to know why as a club we are absolutely fine with Maddison strolling over to every single corner no matter what, so incredibly infuriating he doesn’t have an ounce of urgency about him.

yeah Nacho can feel hard done by to be dragged instead of Maddison today

5 minutes ago, chrisfox said:

Said it in the match thread, but not having a man on the back post at corners is in my opinion ****ing criminal. It's such a basic thing to do, and would have stopped their first, and the one against Brentford

Especially when we bring everyone back. 

Yep first 20mins we were really poor and we'd clearly stopped trying with something like 10 mins (including injury time) still to go which was disappointing.

In retrospect Vardy should have gone instead of Nacho. Maybe now BR won't prioritize Vardy every time. Knowing Daka will/could come on hooking Vardy might be better.

I think we played well for long periods and created a ton of chances. We just didn't take those chances and fair play to Ramsdale/Arsenal they worked hard in blocking us. The damage was done in the first 20mins and Arsenal chose to shut-up shop. Unfortunately this Arsenal have found some grit.    

Biggest priority now is to regroup fast because we have Spartak in the week and then Leeds next Sunday. 

We crap ourselves every time we concede a corner.

We nearly conceded a couple more from other corners.

Whatever we are doing now, change it. It doesn't work.

I know better, after all these years, than to expect Kasper to come off his line and claim it, but Jeebus H Satan, maybe once in a while he could try something other than watch it drop and then try to save it.

Obviously, Kasper is otherwise magnificent, but no one could reasonably suggest he adds all that much to our defensive corners.

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

We had a 10 minute spell where we should have scored and that could have made the difference. Fair play to Ramsdale, solid performance. But for most of the rest of the game, Arsenal executed their plan and managed the game. They’re miles ahead of us cos they can actually defend, even the period we had didn’t yield high quality chances because their defence didn’t allow any.

That's nonsense.

Arsenal didn't "manage the game well" nor did they defend particularly well, we had 2 free headers which would've been open goals, Thomas screwed an inch wide and Ramsdale made 4 or 5 great saves. We could've scored 4 today and no one would say it was undeserved. Arsenal's defending and game management was actually quite poor today, they just came across a side who couldn't finish.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

why won't Castagne run with the ball the same way Ricardo does? so many times he had the chance to do it but turned back instead.

Ricardo is still our best full back option and its not close for me we missed his presence today

He's not got the ability of Riccardo, plain and simple.

4 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

Mostly toothless, although Ramsdale had a stunner. Amartey shocking half.

But we need to keep Iheanacho on, not drop him due to the myth that we can't accomodate Vardy and Iheanacho in any other formation.

That's football in afraid . Amartey  eulogised one week and totally rubbish the next. Maddison has got his mojo back and substituted the next. Best not to get too high or low on a single game / performance maybe ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Do you think we should switch to a back four? I thought we looked much better both in attack and defence in that formation 

be prepared to see a lot of people moaning that Nacho has been dropped again, Rodgers stubbornly thinks he can't play 2 strikers in a back 4 formation, even though we have the players for a diamond midfield or 442 and that Nacho can play slightly wider if its 4231

First half the damage was all done. 2nd half better but we were never getting back in it why o why can’t we break teams down that come to press all we we seem to do is sideways pass or back to Kasper.

Leeds game is now massive and the pressure is back on yet again.

First 25 - couldn’t defend, didn’t know how to press or maintain shape whilst out of possession. 

After that, I thought we were larger the better team and should have scored, had it not been for poor finishing. 

We can take some positives in that Thomas improved when Barnes was on; and Barnes looked to be much sharper and direct than he has been. 

Soumare wasn’t great throughout and I think he’ll most likely be replaced once Wilf is fit again. I do wonder if Praet would benefit us more in a game like today. Tielemans can’t cover the leg work of two people and be expected to main composure to control games. 

Lookman continues to be decent, albeit not having quite the impact Barnes did today. 

Vardy and to a lesser extent Daka (due to pitch time) didn’t t offer a lot. 

Amartey has had a shocker. 

Kasper made potentially the save of the match, that’ll get glossed over though, as Ramsdale made several good saves. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

be prepared to see a lot of people moaning that Nacho has been dropped again, Rodgers stubbornly thinks he can't play 2 strikers in a back 4 formation, even though we have the players for a diamond midfield or 442 and that Nacho can play slightly wider if its 4231

We dominated the game in the second half when he came off.

• Like 2

A month ago it was 'we will be OK defensively once Evans is back and that will sort everything eise out.' 

Clearly that was optimistic it seems as we are still conceding stupid goals and the rest of our play is still as inconsistent for much of the time as as it was earlier in the season. 

Not sure Brendan really has a solution to this. Hope he does. Is it personel, formation or both? 

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I know I'm going to get pelters for this and the pathetic  lol  rep , but this game shows why Brendan was reluctant to play Ihenacho last season until he had to. If we play him we're 1 light in midfield. Look how we dominated the second half when he came off until Brendan put Daka on and they came into it again.

I'll be really surprised if he starts next week in the league.

It's a bit of a dilemma.   I much prefer us with 4 atb, but do feel its then a choice between Madders and Nacho.  Can't play both unless we go 3atb. Today with no Ricardo we were forced into a change with the wing backs and  it exposed us, as Thomas is not great at wing back, better in a 4 as others have said.