Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Arsenal post match

Very much a 'we've won the last few so it'll be fine' performance.  

Arteta (like a few others) has Rodgers' sussed unfortunately. 

Amertey back to his tentative and nervy self. Thomas and Soumare also below par. Second half better but that's easy when the opposition are 2 up. 

Not quite sure where this season is going but I don't see sufficient momentum ever building to do anything special. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lesterlad said:

Because he is teachers pet. Thought he was like today especially first half. He can not of been fit if that’s the case why play him. Poor management from Rogers today 

Vardy had one only chance today and set up two others. I thought he had a decent second half

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

While a couple of saves were outstanding, for example the one from Evans, most were decent saves you expect from a PL keeper. 

No doubting he had a good game, Maddison free kick was a good save, but like you say the rest was just what you'd expect from a keeper. The one from lookman at his near post... Not a 'great save' is it... Keepers shouldn't concede at their near post full stop 

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

And decided to give us free headers and shots on goal?

No of course not. However, what they did do is reduce their press and assess how we were lining up second half. A sort Mayweather approach in the first few rounds. By doing that, it gave our midfielders more time on the ball and thereafter time to create. None of what happened in the second half was simply down to a player or players on our side stepping up a level or two and take the game on. Once Arsenal decided to press again, they created 3/4 chances for a third. We were very poor today in all aspects.

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

They weren't coasting, they were there for the taking.

Yes, we were crap, but we still missed 2 free headers the keeper wouldn't have got to, Thomas was an inch off target and Ramsdale got MOTM and made 4 or 5 great saves. What does that say about Arsenal if were that crap? Doesn't sound like a team who were coasting to me.

It says they were 2-0 after walking through us over and over again and were happy to just do **** all and let us piss about, doesn’t mean they were good at sitting back. But sit back they did and we huffed and puffed and couldn’t score.

• Haha 1

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Lesterlad said:

Because he is teachers pet. Thought he was like today especially first half. He can not of been fit if that’s the case why play him. Poor management from Rogers today 

Second top scorer in the Premier League. He's not the problem. It's the players around him. Just think how many he would be scoring in a top performing team?

Really not seeing enough from Arsenal to warrant this “we’re on the up” reaction everywhere. Gifted them the game and got kept in it by their keeper. That’s quite funny to me tbh. Their deluded fans will get a wake up call as ever.

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

Very much a 'we've won the last few so it'll be fine' performance.  

Arteta (like a few others) has Rodgers' sussed unfortunately. 

Amertey back to his tentative and nervy self. Thomas and Soumare also below par. Second half better but that's easy when the opposition are 2 up. 

Not quite sure where this season is going but I don't see sufficient momentum ever building to do anything special. 

This is spot on. Besides United , in which we conceded 2, we’ve not played a good game this season. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They went 2-0 and coasting, pointless judging performance after that as they dropped off. 

We were crap. 

Respectfully disagree. Arsenal never “coasted” in this game. We simply outplayed them second half. Play with the same intensity rest of the season, and we’ll be just fine!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Do you think we should switch to a back four? I thought we looked much better both in attack and defence in that formation 

Horses for courses. We lost that game because we didn't start with enough intensity, not because of the formation IMO. If we started 4231 but played like that in the first 25 minutes, the result would be the same.

What I would say is that Arsenal played 4411 / 442, so 4231 on paper should mean you are more likely to pin their fullbacks than 3412. But at half time they knew they were playing on the counter as the job had already been done, so that is the major reason why they stopped pressing in that half and invited us onto them some more.

TBH the goals we conceded were again so poor. Easy set piece followed by a goal that came from our attacking move breaking down. And that's been the story of the season, defensively as a team it's been awful. 2 goals conceded in a game AGAIN.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Respectfully disagree. Arsenal never “coasted” in this game. We simply outplayed them second half. Play with the same intensity rest of the season, and we’ll be just fine!

They dropped off because they were 2-0 up. If you couldn’t see them take their foot off the gas a bit then I give up.

• Like 3

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Babylon said:

All but one of the keepers saves were regulation anyone should make them saves. Even that wasn’t in the blooming corner and apparently that means we played well lol

I agree. He played well, but it wasn't the greatest ever goalkeeping performance we have seen. He played for two sides that were relegated from the Premier League!

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It says they were 2-0 after walking through us over and over again and were happy to just do **** all and let us piss about, doesn’t mean they were good at sitting back. But sit back they did and we huffed and puffed and couldn’t score.

Come on, Babylon, you're better than that. You know that's rubbish very well and are just annoyed at the result.

Arsenal couldn't get out after they went 2-0 up and if they'd played a team who could finish they'd have lost today. Arsenal are not a special team, we were just dozy in the first 20 minutes, but after that we could and should have won the game let alone drawn it, it was poor finishing that cost us and were actually pretty good at splitting Arsenal open, we got behind their defence so many times and we created more than enough chances to get at least 3 or 4 goals let alone 2 today. Arsenal were poor after 20 minutes and they didn't defend or mange the game particularly well and should have been put to the sword, a team who could finish would have, we would have on another day. 

Not saying that it isn't bad that we couldn't finish and we weren't really crap in front of goal, we absolutely were. But people making out Arsenal were the better side or managed the game well or were just coasting and happy to let us play are clearly just annoyed at the result, that wasn't how the game played out at all. Arsenal were there for the taking, we should have beaten them.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

Apologies everyone, today's defeat was my fault entirely. I'm at work so couldn't watch the game and I always wear my leicester shirt under my work stuff. Forgot to put it on today so it's all my fault. Sorry for ruining all your weekends.

Just now, StevieLynex said:

I agree. He played well, but it wasn't the greatest ever goalkeeping performance we have seen. He played for two sides that were relegated from the Premier League!

He was high tempo, closed down his angles well and quickly. But other than the free kick, they weren’t great saves. 

25 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

be prepared to see a lot of people moaning that Nacho has been dropped again, Rodgers stubbornly thinks he can't play 2 strikers in a back 4 formation, even though we have the players for a diamond midfield or 442 and that Nacho can play slightly wider if its 4231

Fact is he gave more to the game than Vardy...

25 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Do you think we should switch to a back four? I thought we looked much better both in attack and defence in that formation 

I have said this time and again.  When you look at the Arsenal goals we had loads of players in the box but they get in each other's way and cause hesitation (2 defenders near the ball, each waits for the other to react, losing that vital half a second). If we have a game when we win with a back 5 then it's usually in spite of the back five.

In order to accommodate a back 5 we weaken our midfield, which often gets swamped and the opposition can run on threateningly at our defence and slice through it.

With that extra man in midfield instead it allows us to compete better and free up Tielemans to do what he does best - set up attacks.  It also gives us more forward options when playing out from the back.