Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue-fox

Memorable games

Apologies if there is already a thread on this but after reading the new article on the LCFC website I came across the Leicester V Arsenal 3-3 at filbert street and it got me thinking about all the other memorable games we’ve had that can sometimes be forgotten, for good or bad reasons 😂

A couple spring to my mind is another 3-3 in the league cup V Fulham which we won on penalty’s with Peggy the hero (Walshie got the equaliser after a terrible pass from him gave them a goal). 

Also when we beat spurs in the FA cup and big Mark DeVries got a stoppage time winner.

Also being 3-1 at boro in 2003/4 and also 3-0 at wolves in the same season and not winning 😂

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Actually Lilian nalis in 2004 v Leeds was amazing. Thumping 4-0 win. Maybe when I was younger things were more unbelievably amazing and depressing 

That was a great game. Another from that season I remember fondly was when we drew 1-1 with Arsenal at home

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

A couple spring to my mind is another 3-3 in the league cup V Fulham which we won on penalty’s with Peggy the hero (Walshie got the equaliser after a terrible pass from him gave them a goal). 

I'm embarrassed to admit that this is the only game in my life that I've ever left early (lesson learnt!)

I remember looking at the clock and it was 82 minutes and we were 2-0 down, I looked at my mate and he nodded so we walked out. Halfway down the street and heard a massive roar so we dived into the Half Time Orange to see it on TV and then Walshie equalized. Stayed in there for ET and pens but always regretted losing the faith that night!

Both 5-4's against Newcastle circa 1989?

Won at home, lost away.

David Kelly and Micky Quinn bot got hat-tricks at Filbert Street.

Beating Derby away 2-1 early 90's.

Wolves 3-2 away, the Mark McGreedy game, when Heskey scored the winner and had a Thermos flask chucked at him.

But the ultimate for me and I've said it many times before, was the ZDS Northern Semi-Final away at Notts County.

If you know, you know.

I'm still drying out.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 4