Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue-fox

Memorable games

4-1 against Derby in January 2014. Still hands down the best demolition job I've ever seen from a City side. It could have been 10 frankly.

They turned up at the KP, all guns blazing, spouting about chasing us down and getting automatic promotion. And we sent them packing tails between their legs. Glorious.

Shout out to Spurs in the FA cup 3rd round 2006. 2-0 down, only about 20k in the Walkers and we turned it around with a last minute Mark De Vries winner which was yards offside. Hilarious stuff.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Osavo said:

4-1 against Derby in January 2014. Still hands down the best demolition job I've ever seen from a City side. It could have been 10 frankly.

They turned up at the KP, all guns blazing, spouting about chasing us down and getting automatic promotion. And we sent them packing tails between their legs. Glorious.

Shout out to Spurs in the FA cup 3rd round 2006. 2-0 down, only about 20k in the Walkers and we turned it around with a last minute Mark De Vries winner which was yards offside. Hilarious stuff.

I did enjoy the Friday night games at the kp in the championship. This one, the snow game v Middlesbrough and the 2-2 v Birmingham stick in the mind. Also the wolves match on the Thursday night 

Edited by grobyfox1990

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I did enjoy the Friday night games at the kp in the championship. This one, the snow game v Middlesbrough and the 2-2 v Birmingham stick in the mind. Also the wolves match on the Thursday night 

Yeah I quite enjoyed them, though the amount we got rescheduled got a bit silly in 12/13 - think we had our last Saturday 3pm at home in February the season? Millwall being the worst of them. 

Talking of Friday night games - Sheff Wednesday at the back end of 13/14 was extremely enjoyable.

• Like 1

Oh to give you my top 10)

1- Leicester 2-0 Sevilla - Champions League 2016/17- 

2- Leicester 5-3 Manchester United - Premier League 2014-15-

3- Manchester City 1-3 Leicester City - Premier League 2015-16

4- Leicester 2-0 Liverpool - Premier League 2015-16

5- Leicester 4-2 Manchester United - Premier League 2021-22 -

6- Leicester 2-1 Chelsea - Premier League 2015-16

7- Everton 2-3 Leicester City - Premier League 2015-16

8- Chelsea 0-1 Leicester City - Fa Cup Final 2020-21 - (Amazing day but the match itself wasn't a vintage one tbh, but special for us leicester fans witnessing lifting the fa cup for the first time)

9- Norwich City 1-2 Leicester - Fa Cup 5th Round 2011-12

10- Leicester City 3-1 Everton - Premier League 2015-16

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Was the 2-2 against Birmingham the one where Nuge conceded a peno after dribbling it from the half way line in the 90th minute? I'll never forget that lol

• Haha 2

Puel’s  purple patch when he first came in had some pretty memorable fixtures in it

2-1 win against Spurs with Vardy lobbing Lloris whilst they were singing about his wife 

4-1 win at Southampton 

3-2 win at Newcastle ruining their birthday celebrations 

2-2 draw against United with Maguire scoring with the last kick of the game

Shame it went downhill from there…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Middlesbrough 1-0 at home. Friday night. Snow had brought the city to a halt. 10,000 in the ground. Kasper saves a last minute Marvin Emnes penalty. One of the best atmospheres there’s been. If you were there then you’ll know. 

Lovely Nuge goal too.

The Stoke away game (relegation to League One).

Losing 5-0 to Aston Villa at home, where someone guy tried to punch Ian Walker.

The Watford game where we missed a penalty and "Deeeney!" scored immediately after.

Cardiff away, with the failed Kermorgant panenka penalty.

-

The Burnley game, the first after Vichai passed away (it still feels surreal now, with that pre-match video remembrance, the scarves held up by fans and three ex-managers laying floral tributes on the pitch.)

Chelsea v Tottenham (confirmed league winners).

Think LCFC has experienced it all..

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentFox said:

And nobody has mentioned winning the cup final ??? 🤔🤷

6 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

and it got me thinking about all the other memorable games we’ve had that can sometimes be forgotten, for good or bad reasons

I think it will be a long time before winning the cup falls into that category lol

• Like 1