Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue-fox

Memorable games

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

3-0 vs Swansea in 2015/16 doesn't get much attention. I'm convinced that that game is the best I've ever seen Leicester play.

Riyad was hilariously offside for his second goal. First might've been a handball these days too.

• Haha 1

It's been mentioned already, but the Shrewsbury FA Cup tie will take a lot of beating.

Younger Foxes look into it.

I was there as a young lad.on the old main stand wall.  Never forget it.  Seemed like time.was running differently, a different dimension. Amazing 😀

3 goalies!

Stevie Lynex in goal!  

Hahahahahah

• Like 2

3-3 v Liverpool April 1984 at Filbert Street. An midweek evening ko with a strange magical atmosphere to it. End to end stuff, the most entertaining game I saw at the old ground along with the Arsenal 3-3. 

Also, it's already been mentioned, but Fulham away 1983 and the league circumstances surrounding it. 6,000 Leicester fans crammed into the away terrace at the cottage. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

3-3 v Liverpool April 1984 at Filbert Street. An midweek evening ko with a strange magical atmosphere to it. End to end stuff, the most entertaining game I saw at the old ground along with the Arsenal 3-3. 

Also, it's already been mentioned, but Fulham away 1983 and the league circumstances surrounding it. 6,000 Leicester fans crammed into the away terrace at the cottage. 

That Liverpool 3-3 was an incredible game.

I will add the 2-1 win at Anfield in 1981. I went to that one aswell and as a kid it was absolutely magical as they hadn't been beaten at home in 3 years. 

• Like 1

My first ever game, although can’t remember too much about it was against Manchester United at Filbert street on Easter Tuesday 1963. It was a double header as we played them at Old Trafford the previous day Easter Monday and fought out a 2-2 draw. Man U were at full strength with the likes of George Best, Denis Law, BobbyCharlton, Noel Cantwell, Pat Crerand, Maurice Setters, Nobby Stiles, Johnny Giles, David Herd, Albert Quixall etc. City were quite strong too with the likes of Frank McLintock, Ken Keyworth, Graham Cross, Ian King, Colin Appleton, Dave Gibson, Richie Norman, John Sjoberg with Gordon Banks in goal. We beat them 4-3 with Ken Keyworth and Denis Law both scoring hat tricks. Them were the days when there was no play acting and falling over at the slightest touch, just good honest football and regular crowds of 30 to 40 thousand supporters. Magical Memories.

Edited by Rupert Von Suckalemon
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, l444ry said:

Orient 0 Leicester 1 (1980); Fulham 0 Leicester 1 (1983); Luton 0 Leicester 4. QPR 0 Leicester 2 (1974); Notts County 1 Leicester 2  (1992); Leicester 5 Cambridge Utd 0 (1992)

Notts County game is always worth another showing. If you were there you know.

I'm still drying out....

• Like 2

There’s literally too many to mention, tbh, when you actually think about it we’ve created some incredible memories at the KP/Walkers Stadium …

4-0 win vs Leeds (Nalis screamer)

5-3 win vs Man Utd (Vards master class)

5-3 win vs Bolton (GTF getting one)

1-1 draw with Man Utd (Vards record breaking goal)

3-1 win vs Everton (Prem title lift)

2-0 win vs Sevilla for obvious reasons

4-2 win vs Man City (Vards trick in the rain)

4-2 win vs Man Utd the other week was an incredible game too, so many efforts on goal!

As the above are all far too positive I would add the following defeats as being really memorable too;

4-2 loss to Burton in the cup, Magahoma (or however you spell it) scored a ridiculous long range effort!

1-1 draw (2-1 agg loss) to Atletico Madrid, we gave as good as we got and gave one of Europe’s best a real run for there money.

Some absolutely class games above and many more that I’ve omitted for sure!