Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ceredigion

Were you ever at a game when we were relegated?

4 hours ago, Filbert_Ross said:

I remember Man U fans towards the end of the game singing " you're going down in 9 mins" etc etc as the clock went towards 90 mins.  
& the whole ground stood for " stand up

if you love Leicester " in response. 

It was an amazing atmosphere, considering the situation.

9 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Best thing that ever happened to the club you could make case for, in that it brought us Nigel Pearson.

I don't regret it happening for one second, I just wonder how things would have gone. Holloway probably would have stayed for the following season for a start. 

I genuinely can’t remember if I’ve been at a game where we got relegated. Funnily enough though I distinctly remember being at Filbert St when we relegated Barnsley, think Theo Zagorakis scored. And at the Walkers when we relegated Dickov’s Donny on the day we collected the trophy!

Im being lazy now but can someone list the games we were mathematically relegated in our 90s yo-yo years? TIA 👍🏻🤣

1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

I genuinely can’t remember if I’ve been at a game where we got relegated. Funnily enough though I distinctly remember being at Filbert St when we relegated Barnsley, think Theo Zagorakis scored. And at the Walkers when we relegated Dickov’s Donny on the day we collected the trophy!

Im being lazy now but can someone list the games we were mathematically relegated in our 90s yo-yo years? TIA 👍🏻🤣

As mentioned above previously.

94/95 I think it was confirmed after our away defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, although whether it was at the match itself or after results later in the day/weekend.

That's the only time we were relegated in the 90s! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

I was at the last game of the season in 1982/83 against Burnley in the 2nd Division. It ended 0-0 and the result confirmed both our promotion and their relegation at the same time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WestLothianFox said:

I was also at that game. I was also at Wembley for the 69 cup final. 

I missed the Wembley gig due to sis getting wed that day. That era seemed to have numerous City players who all thought fried scampi was their favourite food and who had addresses in Stoney Stanton. The match-day programmes always used to provide that sort of information. 

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The game at Stoke in 2007 was gut wrenching.

I had to report neutrally on talkSPORT - Stoke getting promoted was the bigger story for us so that was the initial focus before turning onto our shambles.

I had to interview Holloway afterwards, too.

Watching them celebrate on the pitch was horrible and if I remember correctly the game didn’t actually finish when it should’ve due to them being on the pitch.

though I wouldn’t change it, what happed in the 14 years since most probably wouldn’t have happened if we didn’t go down that day. It also makes success all even better. 

Stoke away was a weird day. The whole season was weird because we went down with the 3rd best defence. That's insane. We also went down with 52 points. Last season Forest stayed up comfortably with 52 points. Crazy times those days were 

Screenshot_20211104_094445.thumb.jpg.a24d50aca2c1c61ca8da1f786518d0f4.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The game at Stoke in 2007 was gut wrenching.

I had to report neutrally on talkSPORT - Stoke getting promoted was the bigger story for us so that was the initial focus before turning onto our shambles.

I had to interview Holloway afterwards, too.

2008 :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Stoke away was a weird day. The whole season was weird because we went down with the 3rd best defence. That's insane. We also went down with 52 points. Last season Forest stayed up comfortably with 52 points. Crazy times those days were 

Only with Dj Campbell up front could we achieve such a feat.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Screenshot_20211104_094445.thumb.jpg.a24d50aca2c1c61ca8da1f786518d0f4.jpg

Had to check that season and we actually had the 2nd best defence! However, comfortably the worst attack which cost us in the end.

4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Had to check that season and we actually had the 2nd best defence! However, comfortably the worst attack which cost us in the end.

We just drew far too many games. In hindsight relegation was brilliant for us long-term but we surpassed the 50-point target which almost always keeps you in the league. 

• Like 1

On 03/11/2021 at 10:56, Filbert_Ross said:

I remember Man U fans towards the end of the game singing " you're going down in 9 mins" etc etc as the clock went towards 90 mins.  
& the whole ground stood for " stand up

if you love Leicester " in response. 

I was in the kop and the Leicester fans were singing we're going down  in 9 minutes lol

17 hours ago, String fellow said:

I missed the Wembley gig due to sis getting wed that day. That era seemed to have numerous City players who all thought fried scampi was their favourite food and who had addresses in Stoney Stanton. The match-day programmes always used to provide that sort of information. 

Maybe should have had steak instead , no excuse with Berni Inns 😋

• Like 1

I moved house on the day we were relegated to League 1. Cried in the removal van listening to it on the radio.

Turned out alright though as moved to Yorkshire and approx 50% of League 1 teams were less than an hour away so went to laods of away games. Watched us thrash everyone it felt like, was a lot of fun.