Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Spartak Moscow Home match thread

Just now, Ric Flair said:

He's wasted so many openings. His 1st touch is hideous when the ball breaks to him at a point where any it's of control and we're in. He's one of the worst footballers I've ever seen at Leicester. 

I feel sick, wish my mum had done me a note.

What do they say? He is getting in the right positions, and that’s reassuring. lol  But what has Kel,done? What has Bertrand done? Both arguably worse than Perez.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

What do they say? He is getting in the right positions, and that’s reassuring. lol  But what has Kel,done? What has Bertrand done? Both arguably worse than Perez.

Kel?, You must be joking, Daka has been worse

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Perez has the astonishing ability to make it look like the ball is always ever so slightly behind him, doesn't matter how quick the balls been played in to him, he will adjust his body to ensure he can't do anything with it. I'd happily be banned from the KP for the rest of my life if it ensured he never played for us again.

He's an absolute liability!! .. slowed down or fvcked up a few good attacking positions. Get him off FFS!

• Sad 1

There's too much pussyfooting going on in the final third. We need a bit more creativity, more attempts... One shot on target against this lot just isn't good enough.

Perez had decent first 10 minutes and then become his usual clumsy pedestrian self. He should be the first to come off IMO

We're having all the possession but not much comes of it

:revenge:

Hope we'll be looking more lively in the second half

Just now, StanSP said:

So not sideways, back, sideways, back is it?

I agree the ball could be moved quicker to try and get in behind, but you understand it's difficult to break down a side that just sits on their 18-yard line, right?

I'd bring Lookman on for Perez, mind. Hopefully to speed things up when we get in those positions.

To break down a team with a low block you have to move the ball quickly. You have to create width or you have to draw them out.

Most importantly you have to break at speed on the transition to not allow them to get back into that low defensive shape and this is where that sideways and back that I'm referring to. We don't drive forward with it. Kasper doesn't release it quick enough but we  pass it around from CB to CB and they just go back into shape and we can't break them down and rinse repeat for 45mins.

We won the league with fast countering on the transition but under Rodgers we just don't seem to do it all.

In my opinion when I watch the games its feel like the players are so restricted.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Rodgers' controlled football is some half-hearted slow-mo tiki taka borefest. Where is the hunger and intensity? Full control and we do absolutely nothing with it. We can do better, come on.

Conte will be available in a couple of months.

Having 5 defenders on the pitch in matches like these a fairly pointless. In the final third we are relying on Bertrand, Castagne and Perez to create which is never going to end well.

I'm really beginning to despise this low-tempo football. Perfect example was after the Iheanacho/Daka mix up; It was a good move and the crowd woke up, but after winning the ball back again we intentionally slowed it back down and started playing between our defenders again. There is zero dynamism about us.

• Like 1