Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Leeds (Away) - 7th November; Match Preview

They've been playing shite this season and aren't the same as they were last season. 

They should be there for the taking. The only thing that worries me is their energy and frantic style. Every player will be all over the place, sometimes in a good way. Their fitness over our (current) style might favour them.

In terms of quality, we should be winning this. 

Each and every player needs to put a shift in regardless of what position. 

7 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Pretty certain Brendan will stick with 3ATB...

But would like to see (fitness permitting) something the following lineup:

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Soumare

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

I'd take Soyuncu out of that team, guys a complete liability. At the minute Big Dan is simply a better option defensively and probably in the opposition box. 

I think it's fair to say that none of us can say with a degree of certainty what our best system is right now as we are jekyll and hyde with both. The temptation is to go back to what we have been the strongest in against any opposition which is a variation of 4-2-3-1 / 4-1-4-1 and especially now that Iheanacho is looking quite out of sorts and Ndidi is back fit. 

However vs Leeds we ripped them apart playing 3 at the back last season at their place and they then handed our arses on a plate when we tried to play our preferred system at home so there's definite decisions to be made. What made us so dangerous vs them at Elland Rd last season was the way we moved against their press. Fuchs and Thomas were immense getting out of their front press and then Barnes would also drag them out wide so that there were a strong balance down the left which we seldom see these days. 

If we are going to play 3 at the back then I'd chance Bertrand at LCB and Thomas at LWB even though it seems an odd selection. I'd not play Soyuncu in a back 3 on Sunday, he can't be trusted against such a style.

But I think the mid to long term route back to a semblance of our capabilities is a back 4 and Iheanacho and Daka will be back scrapping for minutes. 

It will be hard to stomach us going in to another international break badly needing to regroup and identify how we kick start / save our season but anything other than a good performance and win will see us be doing that I'd Rodgers has an ounce of rational thinking left.

13 hours ago, TK95 said:

Anyone yet to score their first goal for Leeds wanna put it in? :thumbup:

We always have a habit of helping teams create history or helping plays who haven't scored or scored in over a year get a couple. Remember when Andy Carroll didn't score for over a year and we assisted with that? Two weeks it took me to get back to a regular sleeping pattern.

I think we will see a 4-3-3 with Ndidi, Soumare and Tielemans with Maddison being one of the front 3 if fit. Probably alongside Vardy and Barnes. Rodgers is probably waiting for first chance to bench Iheanacho. Amartey probably deserves to play alongside Evans but Soyuncu's extra bit of pace probably keeps him in. 

Its a big game, we saw both sides last season, we can pick them off but also if they're on it they can run rings around us with their movement and pressing.