Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds vs LCFC - 07/11/2021 - Match Thread

8 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Just seen one of their players sprint 40-50 yards just to not concede a throw in 30 yards from goal. That’s the difference between us and them. 

Yet we're both level at half time :ph34r:

Next goal is absolutely key. If we concede it I think they will turn us over 3 or 4-1. We get it and we may get a point. We'll most likely concede another.

Two rank average sides out there to be honest. Really don't know why seem to have forgotten how to play for most of the matches.

Every corner, we look like we are going to concede, and we have done for months.

If Bielsa is the master they say he is, he would have his lads running down the sides and trying to win even more corners than the ninety-twelve corners they had first half.

• Like 1

Just now, themightyfin said:

Not quite sure what the problem is.

Everyone wanted to change from 3 at the back playing pedestrian football you play 3 in midfield and 3 up ground and there is more space so the game is going to open up more. 

You can't have it both ways.....

This is FoxesTalk and some think they can lol

Even if we won playing 3 at the back unless it's 100% perfect it's never good enough. 

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

It's kind of annoying that people are moaning about how much we are giving the ball away.

Most on here (myself included) wanted a more direct, quicker, counter style than we've been sleeping lately. This is what comes with that. 

You either want the slower build up with many short more accurate passes to try and work an opening or you want thos quicker more direct hail mary type of passing that IS going to see you lose the ball more. 

Can't have it both ways. 

That’s the problem at the minute we play Puel ball it’s turgid and slow, we speed it up and passes are going astray. 

We either need how to break down defences with the patient passing game or get up to speed, we can’t have it both ways but at the minute we look incapable of playing either way. We’re relying on defensive slip ups or moments of individual brilliance. 

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Not sure about Lookman, he doesnt look like he's on the same page as everyone else. 

I don’t think he’s going to pull up any trees here but got to give him a chance, it’s incredibly difficult to come in after limited game time and immediately be at it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

It's kind of annoying that people are moaning about how much we are giving the ball away.

Most on here (myself included) wanted a more direct, quicker, counter style than we've been sleeping lately. This is what comes with that. 

You either want the slower build up with many short more accurate passes to try and work an opening or you want thos quicker more direct hail mary type of passing that IS going to see you lose the ball more. 

Can't have it both ways. 

Good players and teams can do both. A quick change of gear can disarm the opposition if players anticipate better. 

Just now, justfoxes said:

What a dream come back from Barnes what a goal !!

A bit more quality in the second half taking time with passing and ball control we could be coming away with all 3 points

They gave the ball away to us on midfield on 4 or 5 occasions, giving us a clear run at goal.

We've fluffed all the opportunities but I expect at least one will drop second half. 

Be interesting to see if we can learn how to ride our luck and hang in there. Something we've totally lost atm. If we do, we should win. Though I wouldn't lay a penny on us doing so

• Like 1

Barnes’ goal shows that whatever system you play results at this level are decided by quality… oh and a reliable defence.

Too many of our players are not showing the quality they have when it is most needed… and our defence is a shambles, especially at dead ball situations with that stupid zonal marking.

I fear the worst…

• Like 1