Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leeds vs LCFC - 07/11/2021 - Match Thread

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

On this week's epsidode of what random formation are we going to use the answer is...

433!

(Good team)

I can't help but feel random is literally the right word. 

I know Ndidi does change his perception of how we can line up but jesus wtf. 

Sticks obsessively with 352 against teams we obviously need to break down where we're going to dominate possession. 

Then reverts back to 433 to go away to Leeds who fvcking dicked us last time we played a high line and a back four, yet whom we murdered last time we played a low blocking 352.

I really don't get it sometimes. 

• Like 4

Just now, fox_favourite said:

Lookma needs to h r the confidence to run and take players on today and not shy away. Just have a go at their defence 

Hopefully he will as he has Ricardo behind him today, who can recover well. Last game he had Bertrand, or Cags who was playing out of position.

Hoping we'll see lots of good interplay between the front three today. Lots of pace and skill up there.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I can't help but feel random is literally the right word. 

I know Ndidi does change his perception of how we can line up but jesus wtf. 

Sticks obsessively with 352 against teams we obviously need to break down where we're going to dominate possession. 

Then reverts back to 433 to go away to Leeds who fvcking dicked us last time we played a high line and a back four, yet whom we murdered last time we played a low blocking 352.

I really don't get it sometimes. 

I agree to a degree, but I think Rodgers' hand was forced with the 3-5-2 formation, don't you think? Ndidi was injured, which makes it really difficult for us to control the midfield. So he compensated with 3 at the back.

Ndidi regularly drops back between the CBs, so the formation could be more of a 3-4-3 in possession, with *two* attacking wing backs.

Edited by CloudFox

It won't be 4-3-3, it will be the same painful 4-2-3-1 we had at the start of the season with Soumaré at 10.

Rodgers hasn't played 4-3-3 since we looked really good with it pre-lockdown, it's been a number 10 behind a striker ever since in a 4atb. It doesn't sound a major difference on paper, but when you have Tielemans/Ndidi operating 20 yards away from a number 10, it is largely impossible to get the ball through the lines.