Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Chelsea (H) ..20th November.

43 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I get what you are saying, but Maddison has looked a little better lately. Plus, since he’s been around for the international break, I’d have a feeling Rodgers would be spending a little time working with him to get him ready physically and mentally for Chelsea

Yes, possibly. I think what really rattled many at the Arsenal game was that whilst the rest of the team were putting them under pressure, Maddison was acting as if we were two up with 10 minutes to go. He was particularly noticeable at corners when we had about 5 on the trot and he was dawdling around as if time-wasting! The crowd were getting quite angry where we were but he seemed oblivious to it all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes, possibly. I think what really rattled many at the Arsenal game was that whilst the rest of the team were putting them under pressure, Maddison was acting as if we were two up with 10 minutes to go. He was particularly noticeable at corners when we had about 5 on the trot and he was dawdling around as if time-wasting! The crowd were getting quite angry where we were but he seemed oblivious to it all.

Yes this is infuriating! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Schmeichel    
        Amartey - Evans - Söyüncü 

Ricardo - Soumaré - Ndidi - Castagne 

Maddison - Vardy - Barnes

Maddison wide is usually rank, but plays more centrally in this system with Ricardo providing the width outside him, and can drop into those pockets of space. Also think playing with 2 in midfield suits Soumaré more as well, more similar to how he played in France. 

This will 100% be the team

7 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Think we'll probably go 2-0 down to goals from corners with Kasper practicing star jumps on the goal line.

However, the turnaround will start when Rudiger gives away a penalty, swiftly followed by a Rudiger own goal. The winner comes from a KDH free-kick after the incident that sees Rudiger sent off.

On a seperate and unrelated topic, can you guess which Chelsea player I really can't stand??

Thiago Silva?

• Haha 1

Schmeichel

Ricardo     Evans   Soyuncu     Castagne

Soumare    Ndidi

Perez                Maddison          Barnes

Vardy

worried about Ricardos form, thought he was awful vs Leeds, keep playing him in the hope he finds some of his old form. To be fair to Perez, always linked up well with Ricardo, so gets the nod ahead of Lookman who has been awful last couple of games.

Maddison needs to really step up now. In a strange sort of way, having Tielemans out the team and having 2 defensive midfielders might actually give us slightly more balance and protection to the back 4 as well as allowing more freedom to Maddison and Barnes. It probably won’t in reality ! And will be a standard 0-2 away win

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Think we'll probably go 2-0 down to goals from corners with Kasper practicing star jumps on the goal line.

However, the turnaround will start when Rudiger gives away a penalty, swiftly followed by a Rudiger own goal. The winner comes from a KDH free-kick after the incident that sees Rudiger sent off.

On a seperate and unrelated topic, can you guess which Chelsea player I really can't stand??

"How you get so rude and reckless. Don't you be so crude and feckless. You been drinking brew for breakfast, Rudie CAN fail....."

I think its inevitable we will go pretty defensive, back 5 with Ndidi and Soumare in front of them. I reckon he will probably pick Perez instead of Maddison too. And Barnes playing instead of Iheanacho. 

Chelsea struggle occasionally at breaking teams down but on the evidence so far this season we will be easy to play against even with a back 5. Perez and Barnes on the wings may discourage the wing backs to get caught too far forward making us a bit more solid. Not going to be pretty though.

I'd take a stinking 0-0 right now gladly. 

32 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

No way Rudiger concedes a penalty, he could play basketball in his area and Paul Tierney would ignore it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo     Evans   Soyuncu     Castagne

Soumare    Ndidi

Perez                Maddison          Barnes

Vardy

worried about Ricardos form, thought he was awful vs Leeds, keep playing him in the hope he finds some of his old form. To be fair to Perez, always linked up well with Ricardo, so gets the nod ahead of Lookman who has been awful last couple of games.

Maddison needs to really step up now. In a strange sort of way, having Tielemans out the team and having 2 defensive midfielders might actually give us slightly more balance and protection to the back 4 as well as allowing more freedom to Maddison and Barnes. It probably won’t in reality ! And will be a standard 0-2 away win

That would probably be my team and, for that reason, I don't expect to see it. 

Chelsea are European Champions and lead the PL deservedly..They are very well organised and focused. They do not have the best players but they are all very good players and know their roles. We can still perform against them though and even if we lose , we should show that we deserve to  be in this sort of company. Looking for us to put up a proper competitive performance and show some pride.

22 hours ago, ajthefox said:

:wes:

image.png.4e154718aa5fb86c6d41a4ea38c2a8bc.png

4-0 against Malmo a few days before that and 3 goals in 5 other games this season... 

That scoreboard is a good example of where they're dangerous. Midfield and off the wings with their full-backs, I think we'll play Barnes and Perez as Pereira and Castagne support. Mads will get space to play and Vardy/Daka will get chances running the channels if we can provide good balls into them. Our defense at times is a horrorshow and just that makes the result a lottery imo. We're good enough to get goals but we're also our own worse enemy in defense and Chelsea will be rubbing their hands. Odds on Chilwell will score. 

13 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

id rather he took his time and put in a good one rather than rushing with a poor delivery ......  oh 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Very good news that; especially the latter 

kovacic ???  lukaku has a decent record against us ....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

id rather he took his time and put in a good one rather than rushing with a poor delivery ......  oh 

kovacic ???  lukaku has a decent record against us ....

A lot of Chelsea fans say they lose a bit of control without Kovacic. Hence some scratchy performances recently. The Brentford game in particular, the game turned when he was subbed 

I wonder how heated it could be but aren't Chelsea on a final, final, final, final last warning before a points deduction? They won't even need to stage manage a ruck near the bench to get at Amartey this time, they'll have 90 minutes (if we go with a back 3) on the pitch with him (and Chilwell targeting Ricardo's Knee, ****). Then there's the rule of Rudiger, if you thought Matic and Pogba had leniency from the ref a few weeks ago, this guy is off the scale, allowed 6,7,8 shoves, strangulations, assaults and clatterings before he can even be spoken to. It will be physical, we need an immense performance from Wilf and hopefully Madison will take the opportunity to be the main man with Tielemans absent. Could be really tight, 0-0 even or an Arsenal-esque collapse, surely not again?  Keep it to 0-0 then a through ball for Vardy or Daka to run on to and who knows, could nick it 1-0. Oh but I forgot about set pieces, can we just try and avoid them please, Dr's orders.

3 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I wonder how heated it could be but aren't Chelsea on a final, final, final, final last warning before a points deduction? They won't even need to stage manage a ruck near the bench to get at Amartey this time, they'll have 90 minutes (if we go with a back 3) on the pitch with him (and Chilwell targeting Ricardo's Knee, ****). Then there's the rule of Rudiger, if you thought Matic and Pogba had leniency from the ref a few weeks ago, this guy is off the scale, allowed 6,7,8 shoves, strangulations, assaults and clatterings before he can even be spoken to. It will be physical, we need an immense performance from Wilf and hopefully Madison will take the opportunity to be the main man with Tielemans absent. Could be really tight, 0-0 even or an Arsenal-esque collapse, surely not again?  Keep it to 0-0 then a through ball for Vardy or Daka to run on to and who knows, could nick it 1-0. Oh but I forgot about set pieces, can we just try and avoid them please, Dr's orders.

Chelsea will use the corner as a major offensive weapon , James and Chilwell will take the ball to the byline at every opportunity.

• Like 1