Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Chelsea (H) ..20th November.

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

He will be today's pantomime villain. I'd rather we just ignored him. Not worth the effort. 

Worked quite well with Maguire. 

Little mouthy rat deserves every bit of grief today. Downed tools at City and waffled shite about us since he left 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

On 18/11/2021 at 16:25, filbertway said:

Tuchel is doing very well, hes doing a superb job. They're my favourites to win the league this season and have been since the summer.

Feel free to come back and laugh at me if the game doesn't pan out as follows though.

Chelsea dominate first half and take 1 or 2 goal lead into break.

Chelsea come out and sit in and attempt to stifle us, letting us pass the ball between our 5 defenders for minutes at a time.

Even though they're capable of putting 5 or 6 past us, he won't risk giving us much of a sniff at their end.

That team is unbelievably well drilled with every player knowing exactly what is required of them.

Imagine my surprise

Can’t believe I got up and left after the third goal ……felt really guilty but on reflection that whole performance was lucky to keep the crowd watching for that long.

….Very sad day and BR’s post match comments suggests the changing of the guard may not be far away.

21 hours ago, Line-X said:

In an ideal world yes - but in Barnes, we don't. Lookman is most comfortable in the inverted role on the left and was brought as a utility player but predominately as cover for Barnes - being more versatile offers other options including the right hand side. 

So let's do it today against Chelsea who are top of the league. Great idea. 

fortunately you are not managing Leicester City Football Club. Brendan meanwhile has always stated that he'll "have him" in his optimum position, which he knows to be on the left. 

That's not his game though. I don't know how many times this has to be said. 

Well that was difficult to watch. 

I think we could have tried anything other than what we did and how he set us up and it would have been better. 

I get your points but I thought we needed something a bit different and to take the game to them - Clearly it wouldn't have worked today either if he was a good idea which you've pointed out it probably wasn't. 

Thanks for your response and I'll look out for your posts - All the best. 

P.S Line - X - Now there was a player 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

Guest Danny Clender

Sadly, I think this was the game that got the board talking.

It was a decent game plan, but I'd say we just proved that BR's version of the team, isn't quite what we can achieve in terms of flexible identity right now. I don't think it will be his last game, but this defeat must have added an amount of losable/winnable games to his P-45. 

Edited by Danny Clender

Guest Col city fan
21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Would a midfield pairing of Ndidi and Soumare work? Will we lack their ability to break the lines? Think we have to be a 3 man midfield as opposed to a 2 but I'm sure Brendan's spent these 2 weeks formulating a plan.

Spot on there Ric

Clearly he hadnt

Or he had but it was completely the wrong one