Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Chelsea (H) ..20th November.

24 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I think it will be:

Schmeichel

Amartey

Evans

Soyuncu

ricardo

ndidi

soumare 

castagne 

maddison

Vardy

Barnes 

Nacho not madders.  

Nacho is a curious ingredient... he lacks quality  but he ties the team together... plus he uses his weight to hold off tackles in a way that madders does not.  He is the new David Nugent. 

• Like 1

Just now, TaggertvsWise said:

I don’t agree with this. Can you elaborate please?

Dont get me wrong I like him...   I wanted to emphasis his team role rather than being a fan bou.... but since you ask  he still has a poor first touch (though greatly improved) and I think he should pull the trigger earlier.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think you're right and I think we'll get overran in midfield quite easily. 

...we need to get this right, and the midfield is the battle ground!!!

Kasper

Ricardo  Evans Soyuncu Castagne

Soumare   Ndidi   Tielemans

Maddison

Vardy   Nacho

If Tielemans is out we need KDH to play as a #8.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we need to get this right, and the midfield is the battle ground!!!

Kasper

Ricardo  Evans Soyuncu Castagne

Soumare   Ndidi   Tielemans

Maddison

Vardy   Nacho

If Tielemans is out we need KDH to play as a #8.

Absolutely. The back four and midfield three (not a 2) are essential. For the front 3, however we play them, we have a wealth of talent to choose from. Personally I'd pick Barnes over Maddison as in the last match, Maddison seemed to lack strength, urgency and effort. I'd put Barnes, Daka and even Perez ahead of him at the moment (I really don't believe I said the last name but I've done it now!).

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely. The back four and midfield three (not a 2) are essential. For the front 3, however we play them, we have a wealth of talent to choose from. Personally I'd pick Barnes over Maddison as in the last match, Maddison seemed to lack strength, urgency and effort. I'd put Barnes, Daka and even Perez ahead of him at the moment (I really don't believe I said the last name but I've done it now!).

....don't get too down on yourself for naming Perez....!!!

He has come back into the team with a bit of a buzz to him, and the assist at the near post was glorious. He needs to be at the near post on corners, he has a knack of being good there as we normally do not have anyone who takes the initiative of attacking that area. If there is a team more prolific at putting corners in at the near post then it is us. I am positive it is not a ploy, just our inability to do the basics in that instance.

Barnes can play in the hole, he looks very capable in that area, he does tend to drift out of games and that would not be the case with him in "the hole".

• Like 1

Not sure how we can beat these. Think I heard the other day that they've conceded 1 goal in open play in the PL all season - and we rarely threaten from set pieces. Unlike Man U they won't leave space in behind and even if they do they have some very quick defenders. Just hope we have a go and don't let that idiot Chilwell mug us off.