Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Chelsea (H) ..20th November.

I think we will field same team as v Leeds but with Maddison replacing Youri. 4 2 31 formation . I cannot see the point of playing 3 central defenders with the pressing Chelsea will do we will slow down and make mistakes. Most importantly we need to get off to a good start and maintain some shape. I'm a little worried whether Soumare will cope with the pace of Chelsea at this stage in his development. I'm not sure that we have the confidence to get a result this season but if we could get to half time on even terms you never know 

24 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

I think we will field same team as v Leeds but with Maddison replacing Youri. 4 2 31 formation . I cannot see the point of playing 3 central defenders with the pressing Chelsea will do we will slow down and make mistakes. Most importantly we need to get off to a good start and maintain some shape. I'm a little worried whether Soumare will cope with the pace of Chelsea at this stage in his development. I'm not sure that we have the confidence to get a result this season but if we could get to half time on even terms you never know 

....if a team such as Chelsea come and press us, going to a flat back 5 would be the answer!!!

We have the players who can break on the counter, so a back Five with a Four in front with Vardy upfront would be a good counter to them coming forward. Vardy has the pace and intelligence, Barnes has the pace and confidence and Soumare can transition the ball from our box. When we play on the counter we are hard to contain, a lot of our problem for the last few seasons is our final ball, it has been poor, regarding distribution, execution and decision making, we get that right and we will pick up a lot of points this season.

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would be brilliant to see KDH gets his chance and take it, by no means likely though! Although his 2 recebt cameos in my opinion have been much brighter. I'd certainly play him rather than Maddison if Tielemans is out.

Sadly I think Hamza gets in ahead of KDH, not through merit, but he'd be the cautious option.

Is there any concrete news that Youri will miss this? I was under the impression that he'd be fine for this game and was just taking the week off to allow himself to get back to full fitness?

29 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Sadly I think Hamza gets in ahead of KDH, not through merit, but he'd be the cautious option.

Is there any concrete news that Youri will miss this? I was under the impression that he'd be fine for this game and was just taking the week off to allow himself to get back to full fitness?

I think we all await news with baited breathe. That's the hope.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Would be brilliant to see KDH gets his chance and take it, by no means likely though! Although his 2 recebt cameos in my opinion have been much brighter. I'd certainly play him rather than Maddison if Tielemans is out.

Soumare takes Youri role in a 2, alongside Ndidi.

If it's a 3, I think you'll see Maddson, Soumare and Ndidi.

However I think Youri will play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Think it'll be something super 'safe' like..

Schmickler

Rick Amartey Evans Soyuncu Castagne

Tieleman Ndidi Soumare 

Nacho Vardy

Wouldn't mind this either, but would like kdh for soyuncu, i think stopping their midfield could be key. On the other hand kelechi is our wild card. I'm not sure if I'd go him and vardy or just wingers. Maybe could see Pérez out there instead of cags ideally or kdh as i said. 

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

I get the feeling Hamza may get picked for this match.

• Sad 1

What's our record like in Saturday, home, 12:30 kick offs like. 

I can only think of beatings by Palace, Liverpool and, of course, arsenal, the other week. 

Always were Hull, Chelsea, Man U loses. 

Wolves late show in a 4-3😭

Man City away in THAT game is a nice memory 

Remember a Stoke away 2-2 I think. 

Don't think our record in the 12:30's is good though

Edited by Hollyfox

24 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

I can only think of beatings by Palace, Liverpool and, of course, arsenal, the other week. 

Just had to check and we only have 2 or 3 a season normally and don't win many. Beat Spurs 2-1 and drew 2-2 with Chelsea in Rodgers first season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Just had to check and we only have 2 or 3 a season normally and don't win many. Beat Spurs 2-1 and drew 2-2 with Chelsea in Rodgers first season.

Didn't we beat Liverpool 3-1 in the early kick off last season or was that the early Sunday one?

• Like 1

I want us to play Perez. I'm not one for magical thinking but everytime we have a mainly positive pre-game match thread we put in a dismal performance. An angry match thread replete with bitter recriminations against Rodger's direct affront to the fan's favoured lineup normally yields a win. His inclusion will and anger and confuse our fans and confuse our opposition and within this confusion we will win. Besides, when we have something to fear we become fearless. I'm going for a win.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I want us to play Perez. I'm not one for magical thinking but everytime we have a mainly positive pre-game match thread we put in a dismal performance. An angry match thread replete with bitter recriminations against Rodger's direct affront to the fan's favoured lineup normally yields a win. His inclusion will and anger and confuse our fans and confuse our opposition and within this confusion we will win. Besides, when we have something to fear we become fearless. I'm going for a win.

Agreed, as soon as we get all positive we lose