Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Chelsea (H) ..20th November.

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Agreed, as soon as we get all positive we lose

I've found fatalistic cynicism laced with sarcasm and abject hopelessness to be the pathway to the plentiful greenfields of hope, progress and victory. Maybe I've picked this up from watching us play. Pity it doesn't fit into a hashtag.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Le Renard said:

I would take a draw, Chelsea are very good at the dark arts and how many are going to con the ref on sat, also we are usually s**t at the 12.30 kick off!  I hope one of our players pulls Azpilicueta's shirt out of his shorts, just to really p**s him off. 

...yeah, they will take turns in the "professional foul" if we attempt to break on them!!!

You would think refs would be on to this by now.

9 hours ago, NasPb said:

Wouldn't mind this either, but would like kdh for soyuncu, i think stopping their midfield could be key. On the other hand kelechi is our wild card. I'm not sure if I'd go him and vardy or just wingers. Maybe could see Pérez out there instead of cags ideally or kdh as i said. 

...are you looking for KDH playing up front and a back four!!!

34 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I  think there are some posters who would be happy to take that score line!!!

Confidence is not all it should be.

This is nothing about confidence. Losing is not, nor will it ever be, a good result. We are not a non league side playing the champions of the universe.

Losing is not a good result. Losing narrowly is not AS BAD as losing heavily, but by its very definition, it is not good.

2 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Losing is not a good result. Losing narrowly is not AS BAD as losing heavily, but by its very definition, it is not good.

Thank you, gw_leics772, for cleanring that up. 

(And yes I’ve purposely not been following the conversation. I’d wager I’ve even enjoyed it more than you)

Edited by Foxxed
  • Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
7 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

This is nothing about confidence. Losing is not, nor will it ever be, a good result. We are not a non league side playing the champions of the universe.

Wtf?

😂

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Not really looking forward to this. 

Similar ilk to Man City where we’ll surrender possession and try and hit them on the counter, it’s just painful waiting for the inevitable. 

This. Usual defensive game plan to start. Foxes off the pace for first half (always with lunch time kick off) Chelsea to score in the first 10 mins, so pain will be shortlived. We then spend 80 mins chasing the game but only change shape and plan at 63 mins, with subs still warming up as Chelsea score 2nd.

My Vow to get a life only lasts until Wednesday. Repeat.

Edited by FoxFossil
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Similar ilk to Man City where we’ll surrender possession and try and hit them on the counter, it’s just painful waiting for the inevitable. 

Not got a problem with this as a principle though, we did this last season and beat them all. The issue is remaining defensively solid and taking our chances. Vs Man City I thought we were a touch unfortunate, the Vardy offside to go 1 up was so close and then we had 2 or 3 other really good chances. Their goal was a lottery and we defended very well on the whole.

Vs Arsenal however, we defended atrociously and missed a hatful of chances.

Our fans have been crying out for needless possession and to press and hit on the counter so they get their wish Vs the best sides.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not got a problem with this as a principle though, we did this last season and beat them all. The issue is remaining defensively solid and taking our chances. Vs Man City I thought we were a touch unfortunate, the Vardy offside to go 1 up was so close and then we had 2 or 3 other really good chances. Their goal was a lottery and we defended very well on the whole.

Vs Arsenal however, we defended atrociously and missed a hatful of chances.

Our fans have been crying out for needless possession and to press and hit on the counter so they get their wish Vs the best sides.

I don't particularly mind the sitting deep against these teams, it's the fact that we just constantly pass the ball back to the other team them in our half. Get some pace on the half way line and tw*t the ball over their defence when we win it back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I don't particularly mind the sitting deep against these teams, it's the fact that we just constantly pass the ball back to the other team them in our half. Get some pace on the half way line and tw*t the ball over their defence when we win it back.

..or even better, transition the ball to the half way line with a player with the ball at his feet!!!

Ricardo can do it and Soumare can also bring it forward. So long as we have Vardy and Barnes looking for the counter it should be a sound way of beating teams prepared to press us. We have been unable to do this for a long time with Barnes being out but with our pace and getting the final ball right, we can beat any team, that style is really what we are, and we are pretty good at it, as well.

2 hours ago, Bert said:

This probably will be the case, but we were unlucky against Man City. Barnes hit the crossbar, Vardy fractionally offside. They had to work hard for their goal even though they were the better team. A draw would have been a fair result IMO.

Lukaku is a 100m striker if he plays, they have world class talent across their team and took Chilwell, Kante and Drinkwater from us. They should be beating us and yet we've had close games for the most part when we've played and beat them in the cup final. 

I think we will draw the game, as our players tend to be up for it against the bigger sides, but they are operating in a totally different stratosphere to us. That they can loan out / sell players like Connor Gallacher and Livramento and still be top of the table just sums up the firepower that club has at their disposal. It's like bringing knives to a gun fight!

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Its about midfield for me. Tielemans, Ndidi and Soumaré will need to stand up in this one. If they crumble against the work rate and aggression of Chelsea then we know we have a structural not a form problem.

....Tuchel would have done his homework regarding Youri..!!!

They need to press him, give him no time on the ball, make him play quicker than he wants to.

The key for me is Soumare, he needs to get up to speed quickly as he needs to become the leader in the middle of the pitch. He needs to be that metronome where he sets the tempo for the team and needs to be robust and vocal to make that trio work as it should. 

He can be good on the ball, very adept on the floor and can see and make a pass, needs to develop an engine as perhaps his fitness is not all it should be.

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

The huge issue we have this season is that we are absolutely appalling at defending. If we stopped trying to defend, and just went al out attack at least we would be decent to watch and might occasionally win. 

we tried that not long back when it worked then we went back to playing like donkeys