Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Chelsea (H) ..20th November.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not got a problem with this as a principle though, we did this last season and beat them all. The issue is remaining defensively solid and taking our chances. Vs Man City I thought we were a touch unfortunate, the Vardy offside to go 1 up was so close and then we had 2 or 3 other really good chances. Their goal was a lottery and we defended very well on the whole.

Vs Arsenal however, we defended atrociously and missed a hatful of chances.

Our fans have been crying out for needless possession and to press and hit on the counter so they get their wish Vs the best sides.

But we’ve got to be switched on from the start and we are notoriously slow starters. Then once we go 1/2 down it’s always damage limitation and they’re happy to push try and get a goal but not go all out.  

After the first twenty minutes against Arsenal we were very good and no one could’ve complained if we had enough won imo. They scored from a corner and shoddy defending. Didn’t really rip us apart at all. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

But we’ve got to be switched on from the start and we are notoriously slow starters. Then once we go 1/2 down it’s always damage limitation and they’re happy to push try and get a goal but not go all out.  

After the first twenty minutes against Arsenal we were very good and no one could’ve complained if we had enough won imo. They scored from a corner and shoddy defending. Didn’t really rip us apart at all. 

Agreed

1 minute ago, FoxFossil said:

How many really dirty fouls will Chelsea commit on Youri without getting booked? 10 by Rudiger on his own, he really needs Vardy to stand on him a few times. Team talk over.

Jorghino is the worst, will commit numerous fouls without punishment then get blown over by the wind SCREAM & get someone a yellow / red card

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

How many really dirty fouls will Chelsea commit on Youri without getting booked? 10 by Rudiger on his own, he really needs Vardy to stand on him a few times. Team talk over.

Youri should not be getting caught in possession ,he needs to shift it quickly and accurately.

1 hour ago, FoxFossil said:

...I do not understand how he gets away with it....he gets away with it far too often!!!

What refs learn, prior to taking charge of games is nowhere in line with the decisions they give. It will be persistent fouling all round as they rotate the infringements. Tell their skipper the next foul committed will be a yellow irrespective if it is their first foul of the day. Get them in foul trouble early and they will have to pull out of professional fouls.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I do not understand how he gets away with it....he gets away with it far too often!!!

What refs learn, prior to taking charge of games is nowhere in line with the decisions they give. It will be persistent fouling all round as they rotate the infringements. Tell their skipper the next foul committed will be a yellow irrespective if it is their first foul of the day. Get them in foul trouble early and they will have to pull out of professional fouls.

Dead right.

And Wilf will get a yellow then red when one of theirs goes down screaming like he's been shot.

Why do refs fall for this all the time, surely time to introduce a yellow for bad acting.

• Like 1

As much as the cynical foul tactics described above annoy me, I wonder if maybe we should start doing that high up the pitch, too, to help give our midfield and back line a chance to reset and reduce attacks catching us out of position transition.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jordan said:

As much as the cynical foul tactics described above annoy me, I wonder if maybe we should start doing that high up the pitch, too, to help give our midfield and back line a chance to reset and reduce attacks catching us out of position transition.

The tactical foul has been part of football since time immemorial , with V.A.R refs can book the culprits. If they choose not to you have to suck it up and get on with it 

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

KDH then, would be a massive shot in the arm for him confidence wise. Let him sink or swim, see what he's made of with our best XI around him, rather than playing him in peculiar systems or with other fringe players for once. 

I’m expecting Maddison, Soumare and Ndidi :dry:. No KDH or Iheanacho.

16 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I’m expecting Maddison, Soumare and Ndidi :dry:. No KDH or Iheanacho.

Possibly, I was just thinking he might want to go a little less flamboyant with a #10 and KDH instead with 2 wingers which he went for away at Leeds. I can't see us going 3-4-1-2 although Chelsea do play that system so who knows.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Possibly, I was just thinking he might want to go a little less flamboyant with a #10 and KDH instead with 2 wingers which he went for away at Leeds. I can't see us going 3-4-1-2 although Chelsea do play that system so who knows.

If we're playing 433, I think we probably have to go Iheanacho or Daka over Vardy. I don't think Vardy is involved enough in the build up anymore (he never really has but it's really fallen off recently).

4231 will mean Maddison I think. 433 is more likely to involve KDH, Soumare and Ndidi which I quite like the sound of.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This sounds weird. No way kdh starts.

It'll be maddison, soumare and ndidi.

2 hours ago, Jordan said:

...we do put it into practice, Ndidi and Tielemans have gained nearly all their yellows due to this!!!

We should not find ourselves in that situation, we are not in a position to repel a counter attack, our set up does not help at all. Ndidi is pushed too far forward and we now have the option to play with a middle three, so we should not get into that situation.

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely. I get fed up with terms like first phase, second phase, deep block, concrete block, as you say just tw*t it over the top and tw*t them also if you can get away with it. We definitely, as a side, need to do a lot more tw*ting all over the place!

I feel so much better for that.

I completely agree 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This sounds weird. No way kdh starts.

It'll be maddison, soumare and ndidi.

Why does it? We know Rodgers doesn't like playing 2 out and out wingers and an ACM like Maddison in a 4-2-3-1, something usually has to give and especially against the big 6. He opted not to start Maddison at Leeds but go with Barnes and Lookman.

If he's going 4-3-3 with a box to box midfielder over an ACM like Maddison or Perez then it has to be KDH instead of Hamza.

• Like 1