Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Chelsea (H) ..20th November.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Why does it? We know Rodgers doesn't like playing 2 out and out wingers and an ACM like Maddison in a 4-2-3-1, something usually has to give and especially against the big 6. He opted not to start Maddison at Leeds but go with Barnes and Lookman.

If he's going 4-3-3 with a box to box midfielder over an ACM like Maddison or Perez then it has to be KDH instead of Hamza.

Maddison more likely to play as an 8 rather than anything else. No way kdh makes his first prem start against Chelsea imo.

17 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Maddison more likely to play as an 8 rather than anything else. No way kdh makes his first prem start against Chelsea imo.

Would be a big move from Rodgers, bit as I said it would give him unbelievable confidence. I think Tielemans will play anyway.

Guest Danny Clender

I'm hoping we've been practicing antithetical football, because I reckon any meaningful approach to this game with us trying to control the game, as normal, will have us losing heavily.

I'd let this game rot and go with a formation of.

Schmeichel

Albrighton Amartey Evans Soyuncu Castagne

Tielemans Ndidi Soumare

Vardy Daka

Actual 5 at the back and scare Chelsea.

Any attempt to play actual football will be too intimidating for Chelsea as they'd fear us booting it up top for Vardy and Daka to scavenge on. 

Not for any fans hoping to enjoy the beautiful game, but we need 3 points right now. 

9 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

I'm hoping we've been practicing antithetical football, because I reckon any meaningful approach to this game with us trying to control the game, as normal, will have us losing heavily.

I'd let this game rot and go with a formation of.

Schmeichel

Albrighton Amartey Evans Soyuncu Castagne

Tielemans Ndidi Soumare

Vardy Daka

Actual 5 at the back and scare Chelsea.

Any attempt to play actual football will be too intimidating for Chelsea as they'd fear us booting it up top for Vardy and Daka to scavenge on. 

Not for any fans hoping to enjoy the beautiful game, but we need 3 points right now. 

Don’t think youri and albrighton are back for this one? 

Guest Danny Clender
35 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Don’t think youri and albrighton are back for this one? 

I see, thank you!

Then Ricardo and Choudhury in to replace. 

Tactically could be really interesting if we match their shape. A lot of Chelsea fans say they lose control of games if Kovacic isn’t playing. Set pieces will be a worry again for us; Mount and James very good at them. 

Personally think the crowd could play a huge part and they should be up tor it after that May game at the Bridge. I hold my breath though 

Based on everything I've seen in the past year.

We'll always have a chance in this game as Tuchel is apparently one of the most negative managers in the world and tries to suffocate a game rather than just going out to win. When you have a manager that content to sit on a one goal lead, then the other side always has a chance.

I expect to see us sat in our own third and losing possession 30-40 yards from goal for the majority of the game. Probably see Vardy do his little jog and thumb up on the rare occasion we cross the half way line. Any ambition we show will be entirely dependent on when Chelsea score. Wouldn't expect to see us touch the ball in their box more than 5 times.

Despite all this, I'll be watching and hoping the boys to go out and run over Chelsea like a freight train.

On 16/11/2021 at 21:46, sacreblueits442 said:

....I  think there are some posters who would be happy to take that score line!!!

Confidence is not all it should be.

I think the penny has finally dropped with a big whoosh moment.

My revised reply is "I concur" (I think 😱🤯🤫)

👍💆🧘

6 hours ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

I'd rather we don't rush Youri back for this.. it's not worth the risk (if there is even the slightest % he might aggravate it again)

The fact he's not been injured before now is astounding. Bloke is pushed to the absolute limit, no one else in the squad is asked to play as much as him in such a demanding position. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

We had the same negativity before the Man Utd match. So glad that I didn't give up and flog my ticket unlike some. 

Do you know people that sold their ticket?? That's mental.

It's natural to expect a poor performance when you've been served them on a regular basis, but at the end of the day that should never stop you watching your team lol