Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Chelsea (H) ..20th November.

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Based on everything I've seen in the past year.

We'll always have a chance in this game as Tuchel is apparently one of the most negative managers in the world and tries to suffocate a game rather than just going out to win. When you have a manager that content to sit on a one goal lead, then the other side always has a chance.

I expect to see us sat in our own third and losing possession 30-40 yards from goal for the majority of the game. Probably see Vardy do his little jog and thumb up on the rare occasion we cross the half way line. Any ambition we show will be entirely dependent on when Chelsea score. Wouldn't expect to see us touch the ball in their box more than 5 times.

Despite all this, I'll be watching and hoping the boys to go out and run over Chelsea like a freight train.

Tuchel is negative? What am I reading?

Second highest scorers in the league, with the best defence, what's negative about that?

Being an organised and solid team defensively isn't 'negative'.

If Chelsea are negative....What are we and Rodgers?

We can't progress the ball forward for more than 3 passes without giving it away, rarely look like scoring and have the goalkeeper with the 2nd highest saves in the league.

Do you watch us play, or just follow the false media narrative who claim Rodgers is the 'Irish Guardiola'.....

The perfect 'Next Man City boss'.....

He's a disciple of Mourinho, without the solid structure Jose's teams have had.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Tuchel is negative? What am I reading?

Second highest scorers in the league, with the best defence, what's negative about that?

Being an organised and solid team defensively isn't 'negative'.

If Chelsea are negative....What are we and Rodgers?

We can't progress the ball forward for more than 3 passes without giving it away, rarely look like scoring and have the goalkeeper with the 2nd highest saves in the league.

Do you watch us play, or just follow the false media narrative who claim Rodgers is the 'Irish Guardiola'.....

The perfect 'Next Man City boss'.....

He's a disciple of Mourinho, without the solid structure Jose's teams have had.

He is negative in that he will never try and whack a team. His team is highly drilled and takes very few risks. Which means that there's very little chance of this Chelsea team putting themselves out of sight of us. I'm not sure what other word to use but if you have one that fits what I've just said, then I'm happy to use that :D Pragmatic?

We're somewhere between negative and poorly organised but fortunate that we have a few players of scoring world class goals that keep bailing us out of positions we shouldn't be in.

Just now, filbertway said:

He is negative in that he will never try and whack a team. His team is highly drilled and takes very few risks. Which means that there's very little chance of this Chelsea team putting themselves out of sight of us. I'm not sure what other word to use but if you have one that fits what I've just said, then I'm happy to use that :D Pragmatic?

We're somewhere between negative and poorly organised but fortunate that we have a few players of scoring world class goals that keep bailing us out of positions we shouldn't be in.

:wes:

image.png.4e154718aa5fb86c6d41a4ea38c2a8bc.png

4-0 against Malmo a few days before that and 3 goals in 5 other games this season... 

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

They are starting to score more and more but I think that's because they are becoming more effective at their ability to be very good defensively and then create more going forward. You are right that the style of football feels more defensive and structured under Tuchel than some perceived attacking and fluid styles but they are becoming quite a force. That said they drew 1-1 with Burnley so they've still got it in them to struggle too.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

They are starting to score more and more but I think that's because they are becoming more effective at their ability to be very good defensively and then create more going forward. You are right that the style of football feels more defensive and structured under Tuchel than some perceived attacking and fluid styles but they are becoming quite a force. That said they drew 1-1 with Burnley so they've still got it in them to struggle too.

Backs to the wall against Brentford for the entirety of the second half as well.

They have scored 3+ a fair amount of times though so like you say, maybe they're becoming more effective going forwards. I can't see them going for the kill against us knowing the danger we possess at the top end of the pitch. 

If they take a 1 or 2-0 lead into half time, we'll have more shots and possession then them in the 2nd half. Usually when I'm this optimistic (this is me being optimistic atm lol ) we tend to get slapped. So apologies if this turns into a rout lads.

• Like 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-press-conference-live-chelsea-6225098

14:01JORDAN BLACKWELL
How players get through next six weeks?
“The next period is relentless in terms of games, and it has to be in terms of the mentality too. That is key. The rewards are there but you have to sacrifice. It’s having that relentless mentality and focus on the games. It’s about what you do in training that prepares you for games. It’s great for supporters and staff too. Hopefully we’ll come out of it in January in a good position.”

14:00JORDAN BLACKWELL
Impact of Fofana and Justin?
“They’re aggressive and strong. JJ can get forward and is great one on one. Wesley will be one of the best centre-halves in the world and he takes the team to another level.”

Fofana return?
“I’m not sure of the exact date, but I was just watching him and he was moving really well with our sports science team. He’s building contact with the ball. He’s way ahead of where we thought he’d be. Initially we were thinking January, and it still might be that, but he’s doing very well.”

Tielemans?
“He’ll be back before Christmas.”

Gerrard?
“Steven has felt the time to move on. It’s always a wrench when you leave, and I can only talk from my own experience at Celtic in terms of winning trophies. Then you look for the next challenge. He’s felt that. It’s a league he knows very well and he goes into a fantastic club that will have ambitions to chase European football. I’m sure he’ll do really well.”

Chilwell?
“He’s a very talented player and he was great to work with here. He’s now moved on and it takes a bit of time. I said that to him before he left, that it takes a bit of time to adjust to the expectation. He’s playing in a more advanced position so that allows him to get into the box. I always wish him well, and the club did well when we moved on.”

13:59JORDAN BLACKWELL
Evans at best again?
“He’s a huge player for us. He brings authority to the game. He’s a winner. Having him available is important. It’s no surprise, to see him play that way for our country was amazing. He’s now at the stage of his career where it’s about playing and recovering, so we’ll try to manage that.”

City project?
“We’ve not been as consistent as what we have been. We can have a period of time now where we can get to work. My own commitment, I’ve got a huge respect for Khun Top and the protection of his legacy. My relationship with him, Susan Whelan and Jon Rudkin, we’re together and we’re looking to push on. I feel I’m in the right place. I work with a calibre of players we’re trying to maximise their potential. That’s why I’m so happy here.”

Schmeichel said he wants to leave before he retires, Fofana talking about dream move
“I think speculation and gossip is natural and supporters will have seen that increase. The players you’re talking about, Kasper has been such a great servant for the club, he’s been sensational for the club. I’ve not got any question marks over his mentality. I’ve not seen either of the interviews. Wesley has made great strides. Every player will want to be at the highest level, but it doesn’t mean they’re thinking about leaving here to do that. We’ve won silverware and want to see if we can win more. Wesley is committed to here and we can’t wait to have him back. Kasper is committed here.”

13:58JORDAN BLACKWELL
Big week?
“They’re all big games. It’s interesting you talk about the top four, it shows the strides this squad has made. Our aim is to arrive in European football. There is still a long way to go. My focus is on the next game.”

Chelsea challenge?
“It’s a big challenge because they’re a fantastic team. Thomas has got them organised and working well. They have an outstanding manager and an incredible squad of players who have the confidence of winning a big title. They can bring players in and it doesn’t make a difference. The level is really high tactically and technically. When you play the big teams, you need to be at the top of your game, you need to be relentless in your work, and you need a bit of luck as well. We’ll be ready for it.”

Busy schedule?
“At this point of the season now, it really starts because you’ve got a flow of games. It’s relentless. The opening three months of the season, you’re always looking to reflect and reset again. Now we have a run of games that allow us to get our rhythm. It’s going to be a test for all squads.”

Albrighton and Justin?
“Marc’s been back training so that’s really good news. JJ has looked really good but it’s too early for him. We want to get him minutes with the U23s and we have a plan in place for that. He’s physically very strong, he’s a real athlete. We just want to make sure he’s ready before he comes in.”

13:57JORDAN BLACKWELL
Evans?
“I’ve said it since I came in here, he’s one of the best centre-backs in European football. He brings calm to any defence he plays in. When he’s fit and healthy, he’s one of the best.”

Manchester United links?
“Firstly, it’s really disrespectful for you to ask the question when there is a manager in place at the club. Secondly, I can’t comment on it because it’s not real. I’m proud to be here at Leicester City. The only thing I’m thinking about is Chelsea and getting ready for that. It’s frustrating for supporters and my players, but from a personal perspective, it’s something that it’s in the modern game, but something I have no focus on whatsoever.”

Know anything about a Chelsea approach for Fofana?
“No, not at all.”

13:56JORDAN BLACKWELL
Injuries
“Most of the guys have come back ok. We had the issue with Youri before he left, so that puts him out for a few weeks. Apart from that, the players have trained well. We’re fit and healthy otherwise.”

13:32JORDAN BLACKWELL
Rodgers has taken his seat
Updates will come through in around 20 to 25 minutes. Stay tuned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’ll be a great game if the lads are up for this one hope the lads at the back are solid as a steel wall Kasper on fine form, Brendan plays our strongest 11 to compete with Chelsea hit them hard don’t give them time on the ball hope Vardy Madders Barnes & Youri are on fine form ?

Looking forward to this one heart says 2-1 Leicester head says 1-3 Chelski !

💙🥲

Edited by justfoxes

I would imagine that the likes of Lukaku and Rudiger are really looking forward to this one! As we have now got the reputation of being the least physical side in the division, strong and aggresive players like these two, plus James and Kovacic (and others) are just going to steamroller us. They also have a big, brave keeper who often plucks ther ball out of the air at corners and free kicks. We've got Kasper.

34 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I think we will do alright here, we are better suited to playing sides who come onto us rather than sitting deep. Our overall record against the The Super League Six is good for a reason… 

...a full press is a problem for us, a half press would be almost suicide for Chelsea, we have the weapons to hit them hard, a low block and we are in trouble!!!

2 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

I would imagine that the likes of Lukaku and Rudiger are really looking forward to this one! As we have now got the reputation of being the least physical side in the division, strong and aggresive players like these two, plus James and Kovacic (and others) are just going to steamroller us. They also have a big, brave keeper who often plucks ther ball out of the air at corners and free kicks. We've got Kasper.

....your not confident about this, are you...!!!

• Haha 1