Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

29 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Ground expansion first. 

I believe there was something to do with plans not actually being finalised for the rest of the redevelopment and they'd be done at a later date. 

Excuse my ignorance but the brick building(name?) closest to the east stand will have to be demolished first. Then it's effectively building tower block stair wells then building down to the current stand.

They had permission to knocked that down way before planning was given to the expansion.  Think its a National grid building. Strange how they've not flattened it for parking  .

Maybe National Grid asked to stay in it a bit longer.:dunno:

I believe they have full planning for the stadium but only outline planning for the rest as the Stadium expansion was only going ahead if the rest was approved.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, davieG said:

I believe they have full planning for the stadium but only outline planning for the rest as the Stadium expansion was only going ahead if the rest was approved.

Haven't heard any news or rumours about how the planning wheel is turning regarding full approval of the other buildings. Obviously it will take time for such a massive project but we don't know if it's even being pursued. @Foxes_Trust

54 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

From a business perspective, i fail to see the sense in that - we've seen first hand that we need more income to make a decent prolonged go at the prem, this seems like the perfect time to perpare us for a return; if we wait til we're back then, we have to survive the first two years with no extra income and when we'll need to focus our spending on the squad -  economically, the sooner the better.

100% this.

Coupled with volatile construction costs etc. 

Who knows. 

9 minutes ago, Sly said:

100% this.

Coupled with volatile construction costs etc. 

Who knows. 

At the end of the day - whatever one thinks about KP as football club owners - they know a thing or two about making money through retail - this must be a pot of gold opportunity for them, why delay it any longer than necessary.

Besides, the last i heard it was just finalising some compensation to the City that was preventing them starting work.

5 hours ago, promised land said:

lol It was hardly full steam ahead when we were in the top flight, that just sounds like an excuse now. Get back up then how long will they wait? You know just in case.

Spent all my life in the construction industry and the more you wait the more it will cost, that now is more relevant than ever with build costs.

Spot on. We were in the PL for 9yrs, where miraculously we won the damn thing. Once in a lifetime opportunity to attract new fans and yet that wasn't enough motivation to expand the stadium, even though the club spent 100M on a leisure centre. Its just excuses.

2 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

From a business perspective, i fail to see the sense in that - we've seen first hand that we need more income to make a decent prolonged go at the prem, this seems like the perfect time to perpare us for a return; if we wait til we're back then, we have to survive the first two years with no extra income and when we'll need to focus our spending on the squad -  economically, the sooner the better.

...we need to set a proper budget, put in a ceiling and work within it!!!

With this revamp in staff and players going next summer, we can look to make great savings in wages to pay down the loans from Macquarie. The big eye-opener is the prices we are now looking to pick up players (due to our financial position) and stop throwing money at players to come here. We are money-balling this, let us stick to this method of building this club back up.

5 hours ago, davieG said:

Currently it is still a pending decision based on still waiting for a section 106 to be agreed, their planning permission which has already been granted for enabling works required for the work to start on the extension expires January 2025 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Currently it is still a pending decision based on still waiting for a section 106 to be agreed, their planning permission which has already been granted for enabling works required for the work to start on the extension expires January 2025 

We need to get a crack on then

we desperately need a stadium expansion imho 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we need to set a proper budget, put in a ceiling and work within it!!!

With this revamp in staff and players going next summer, we can look to make great savings in wages to pay down the loans from Macquarie. The big eye-opener is the prices we are now looking to pick up players (due to our financial position) and stop throwing money at players to come here. We are money-balling this, let us stick to this method of building this club back up.

My understanding was that the parachute payments are all going on the loans, thus the kitty is what we sell players for.

A rebuild in the prem of the scale we're having to do would have been impossibly expensive, another reason why relegation wasn't necessarily a bad thing or even unwanted.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Haven't heard any news or rumours about how the planning wheel is turning regarding full approval of the other buildings. Obviously it will take time for such a massive project but we don't know if it's even being pursued. @Foxes_Trust

When last discussed with the club, the status was exactly as jammie82uk states above, but its on our list of discussion points for later this week

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

It also has a bigger % impact FFP wise when not in the EPL.  They should just get on with it if they actually serious about it.

On 02/08/2023 at 15:30, Paninistickers said:

Which is a complete mistake. Hull and  Cov and Derby and Bolton don't get used for a reason. Nobody needs a 6k venue. The big acts need 10k minimum. Cov gets OUTDOOR gigs. The arena is a waste of time music wise. 

The concept should be the stadium to have a roof, like Millennium Stadium (or whatever they call it now) .... Then it'd blow that vile red filthy city, NEC and Ricoh out the water and attract the big money acts; Harry Styles, Elton John etc

Harry Fvcking Styles.:D:D:D

• Haha 1

On 02/08/2023 at 15:30, Paninistickers said:

Which is a complete mistake. Hull and  Cov and Derby and Bolton don't get used for a reason. Nobody needs a 6k venue. The big acts need 10k minimum. Cov gets OUTDOOR gigs. The arena is a waste of time music wise. 

The concept should be the stadium to have a roof, like Millennium Stadium (or whatever they call it now) .... Then it'd blow that vile red filthy city, NEC and Ricoh out the water and attract the big money acts; Harry Styles, Elton John etc

Just having a look at the plans now, and it states that the arena would serve as a venue for includes live performances, conferences, concerts, indoor sporting and exhibitions; capable of hosting up to 6000 standing and 3500 seated depending on configuration. You'd hope that would see it in use most of the year round like other venues around the country. (Personally I'm hoping it would host regular film screenings with a live orchestra)

Can't seem to find more detailed plans of the arena OR explicit plans to hold gigs in the actualy King Power, which should be the aim long term. If we could host 10 massive gigs in the summer it would be a money spinner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Can't seem to find more detailed plans of the arena OR explicit plans to hold gigs in the actualy King Power, which should be the aim long term. If we could host 10 massive gigs in the summer it would be a money spinner.

We ain't hosting ten gigs inside the KP.

At best we have a 3 month gap to hold them. The pitch would need to be covered so to hold ten gigs it would be permanently covered.

So it would be totally destroyed.

At most we could hold two in the summer and a possible opening for one of the international breaks.

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just having a look at the plans now, and it states that the arena would serve as a venue for includes live performances, conferences, concerts, indoor sporting and exhibitions; capable of hosting up to 6000 standing and 3500 seated depending on configuration. You'd hope that would see it in use most of the year round like other venues around the country. (Personally I'm hoping it would host regular film screenings with a live orchestra)

RudFest. All of Jon's favourite bands under one roof.

I'd always assumed the Arena would incorporate the Riders, given their years of success and give them a proper home.

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

RudFest. All of Jon's favourite bands under one roof.

I'd always assumed the Arena would incorporate the Riders, given their years of success and give them a proper home.

That idea would have been brilliant when Riders were leaving Granby Halls or playing in Loughborough.

They now have a 33% share in their own arena between Abbey Park and Belgrave Road and get income from boxing, gigs, renting it out etc.

The basketball is a brilliant family night if you've not been before or for a while.