Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

9 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

I haven't researched this but i wouldn't be surprised if we're no different to any other club in this respect.

It's also worth considering that they've likely suspended spending any money on the stadium as it is, with a refurb expected as part of the expansion.

At the end of the day, owners have traditionally had their names all over clubs and stadia as long as football has existed - it doesn't seem such a big deal to me.

Have they?

Perhaps it's early but I can only really think of us and Sheffield Wednesday.

I haven't researched this but i wouldn't be surprised if we're no different to any other club in this respect.

It's also worth considering that they've likely suspended spending any money on the stadium as it is, with a refurb expected as part of the expansion.

At the end of the day, owners have traditionally had their names all over clubs and stadia as long as football has existed - it doesn't seem such a big deal to me.

Hi Jon.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

That's what I thought as well.:D  Never heard the phrase 'better late than never' used in that context before.

At the moment we're in the "never" phase unless you count a pretty CGI image as progress. Maybe one day we'll move into the "late" category lol

Why make things up to make a point on Foxestalk lol

• Like 1

"The club do loads of good things in social mediia and marketing"

"Oh yeah? What are they?"

"Oooooo....want me to tell ya do ya? I don't think so, work it out yourself"

I'm 99% sure @Lillehamring must be on the wind up after that exchange lol 

Good morning entertainment to be fair

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I don't think he's on a wind up in fact I know he isn't I believe it's because he's lived away from the 'scene of the crime' for a long time and hasn't noticed the gradual change of the stadium from one that had an LCFC impact rather than KP. As mentioned above and I've said this before any stranger to football viewing our stadium could not be faulted for thinking we are KPFC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Stadiums with statues of past players/managers - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_football_statues - Since KP we could have retrieved one of Gordon Banks which was discovered in some park.

It's hard to find anything else when searching.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Stadiums with statues of past players/managers - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_football_statues - Since KP we could have retrieved one of Gordon Banks which was discovered in some park.

It's hard to find anything else when searching.

We could have put Islam Slimani out front during his never ending contract. A big useless stationary lump that serves to remind you of past days and often at excessive financial cost.

13 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Have they?

Perhaps it's early but I can only really think of us and Sheffield Wednesday.

Jack Walker, just off the top of my head - and that was back in the 90s

I seem to remember Terry Shipman acting like it was all about him, too.

Football has been riddled with local businessmen using clubs as their playthings, and as marketing tools since long before i was born.  It's just on such a massive scale now, and so much more commercial that it tends to stand out.

12 hours ago, filbertway said:

OK. as i explained to another poster, the reason i didn't expand on my point was because of the poster who asked me to expand on the point - i don't know the guy, but he clearly doesn't have a very high opinion of me, at the very least, we seldom agree on stuff - so i wasn't going to get into another slagging match with him.

But for what it's worth our club do have a good reputation (if not amongst leicester fans) - things like pioneering the rememberance day fixture, having an award winning programme, the gifts and treats for fans at games, not to mention the king power charity - there's loads of other stuff i'm sure - too many people here are just determined to find fault and criticise.  Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean they're on the wind up.

For what it's worth, i'd rather a few king power adverts (not as many i'm sure as the alliance and leicester ones) and a lovely expansion, than be bournemouth with their 15k capacity and those big ugly panels they have.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Jack Walker, just off the top of my head - and that was back in the 90s

I seem to remember Terry Shipman acting like it was all about him, too.

Football has been riddled with local businessmen using clubs as their playthings, and as marketing tools since long before i was born.  It's just on such a massive scale now, and so much more commercial that it tends to stand out.

I don’t see other clubs putting the brand literally everywhere or even having the owner on the team photo.

Only Wednesday have done similar to us in putting a blokes name all over the ground.

If Blackburn in the 90’s is top of your head I think it indicates it's quite likely only us and perhaps a few others.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I don’t see other clubs putting the brand literally everywhere or even having the owner on the team photo.

Only Wednesday have done similar to us in putting a blokes name all over the ground.

If Blackburn in the 90’s is top of your head I think it indicates it's quite likely only us and perhaps a few others.

I've not written a phd on it, so maybe my argument isn't as strong as you'd like...

The point is, people acting like what KP do is impure and immoral is, at best, naive - the sport has been awash with egotistical owners and invasive corporate interest for decades.

when you see the way the players and ex-players talk about vichai and top, you can see how key they are to this club, so - why not be in the photo, why not use the club to push their brand; rather that than be someone like everton and their dodgy russians.

6 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I've not written a phd on it, so maybe my argument isn't as strong as you'd like...

The point is, people acting like what KP do is impure and immoral is, at best, naive - the sport has been awash with egotistical owners and invasive corporate interest for decades.

when you see the way the players and ex-players talk about vichai and top, you can see how key they are to this club, so - why not be in the photo, why not use the club to push their brand; rather that than be someone like everton and their dodgy russians.

Possibly true but also would be naive enough to say its a King Power led pr tactic. Top turns up for work and its pictures galore from the media team. Push push an image. New player in boom its talk about them say how great they are.

Again a scale but these lot are dodgy.

Fed up of them making it about them and our fans sticking them up as something more important than managers or players.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That it's "traditional" that owners have their names all over stadiums? Give a few examples from the Prem if it's so common.

Ok, maybe i'm being a bit hyperbolic, but it's not made up.

And you wildly over-simplify my point - it's not just names on stadiums but that presence, from stands down to function rooms - it's always happened, I clearly remember Shipman and Martin George using the club to promote their businesses.

And i'm sure, nowadays, there's a lot more that goes on that isn't apparent, these owners often have fingers in all kinds of things.

Ultimately, i just don't see the point or vindication of getting upset about KP putting their name on the stadium and shirts (which they pay for, so the club benefits from this) - rather this than have owners like at forest and chelsea where you have owners bringing in players!

11 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Possibly true but also would be naive enough to say its a King Power led pr tactic. Top turns up for work and its pictures galore from the media team. Push push an image. New player in boom its talk about them say how great they are.

Again a scale but these lot are dodgy.

Fed up of them making it about them and our fans sticking them up as something more important than managers or players.

Wow - that's a terrifically cynical way of looking at it.  I don't think guys like Danny Simpson or Mark Albrighton would go on record commending the owners, saying how fantastic they have been to work with because the PR team has told them to.

This club ain't perfect but that really seems to be an absurd conspiracy theory.

And i'm not sure there are many fans who worship the owners, as most we worship the club. very few fans who think more about Top than Vardy.  Especially as perhaps their biggest fault is their silence - seriously, how exactly (beyond some sponsorship and photo ops) are they making the club 'all about them' ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lillehamring said:

Wow - that's a terrifically cynical way of looking at it.  I don't think guys like Danny Simpson or Mark Albrighton would go on record commending the owners, saying how fantastic they have been to work with because the PR team has told them to.

This club ain't perfect but that really seems to be an absurd conspiracy theory.

And i'm not sure there are many fans who worship the owners, as most we worship the club. very few fans who think more about Top than Vardy.  Especially as perhaps their biggest fault is their silence - seriously, how exactly (beyond some sponsorship and photo ops) are they making the club 'all about them' ?

People have tattoos of their faces. Thats worship.

Examples - behaviour on trophy lifts, asking the media team to make their image bigger than players on title winning materials, gold, branding in the stadium, statue, images on the stadium, wording on comms alluding to only club success is down to them, shit show pre season, umpteen examples of sports washing for Thailand.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Ok, maybe i'm being a bit hyperbolic, but it's not made up.

And you wildly over-simplify my point - it's not just names on stadiums but that presence, from stands down to function rooms - it's always happened, I clearly remember Shipman and Martin George using the club to promote their businesses.

And i'm sure, nowadays, there's a lot more that goes on that isn't apparent, these owners often have fingers in all kinds of things.

Ultimately, i just don't see the point or vindication of getting upset about KP putting their name on the stadium and shirts (which they pay for, so the club benefits from this) - rather this than have owners like at forest and chelsea where you have owners bringing in players!

Martin George? Bloke who used to run weetabix? A known brand that you could buy in a supermarket down the road?

Just a bit different I'd say.

23 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

owners have traditionally had their names all over clubs and stadia as long as football has existed

22 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

And you wildly over-simplify my point

I really don't think I did. You stated something that you can't provide an example of without going back what, 30 years? 

Just admit you are wrong man lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Martin George? Bloke who used to run weetabix? A known brand that you could buy in a supermarket down the road?

Just a bit different I'd say.

And also never had weetabix on a shirt lol

12 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

OK. as i explained to another poster, the reason i didn't expand on my point was because of the poster who asked me to expand on the point - i don't know the guy, but he clearly doesn't have a very high opinion of me, at the very least, we seldom agree on stuff - so i wasn't going to get into another slagging match with him.

But for what it's worth our club do have a good reputation (if not amongst leicester fans) - things like pioneering the rememberance day fixture, having an award winning programme, the gifts and treats for fans at games, not to mention the king power charity - there's loads of other stuff i'm sure - too many people here are just determined to find fault and criticise.  Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean they're on the wind up.

For what it's worth, i'd rather a few king power adverts (not as many i'm sure as the alliance and leicester ones) and a lovely expansion, than be bournemouth with their 15k capacity and those big ugly panels they have.

At least Bournemouth have their best bits on those panels. We have nothing aside from "King Power" littered everywhere.

Most away grounds I go to have a nod to the clubs history, even Manchester City go it and their owners are among the biggest in the World.

12 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

When was king power a blokes name