Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

8 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

There are many images inside the stadium, but few fans see them unless they take a stadium tour.

Heritage is one of many aspects that the new Fans Advisory Board will have in its remit, so lack of recognition of our past outside the stadium will be discussed.

The Foxes Trust has always wanted a physical museum created, this is in the plans of the expanded development when that eventually goes ahead

A museum was promised as part of the original Walkers Stadium and would be a great addition but it must not detract from the need to add to the outside.

It's not as if it's difficult, a few banners, 'Face Masks' in the stand walls. a Star Walk, I'm sure there are fans who would contribute to that for their favourite players before you even think about statues.

Can you confirm in your discussions they will reposition the 'brick's in the East Stand?

10 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

There are many images inside the stadium, but few fans see them unless they take a stadium tour.

Heritage is one of many aspects that the new Fans Advisory Board will have in its remit, so lack of recognition of our past outside the stadium will be discussed.

The Foxes Trust has always wanted a physical museum created, this is in the plans of the expanded development when that eventually goes ahead

Glad to hear this. The lack of historic recognition around the ground is really poor 

On 25/07/2024 at 00:22, Foxes_Trust said:

The club’s history is also showcased inside the Fanstore, so it’s clearly been thought out this way. Unfortunately, the stadium has a sanitised feel about it, which then impacts that emotional attachment and sense of belonging. Although many fans including myself hold a special feeling for the site itself, there’s a lot of scope for improvements inside and outside.

Edited by FoxesTalker

2 minutes ago, FoxesTalker said:

The club’s history is also showcased inside the Fanstore, so it’s clearly been thought out this way. Unfortunately, the stadium has a sanitised feel about it, which then impacts that emotional attachment and sense of belonging. For many fans including myself, there’s a special connection to the site itself but that’s hindered by the visual aspect inside and outside. There’s a lot of scope for improvements though.

Which area? Yet to find it myself.

41 minutes ago, FoxesTalker said:

The club’s history is also showcased inside the Fanstore, so it’s clearly been thought out this way. Unfortunately, the stadium has a sanitised feel about it, which then impacts that emotional attachment and sense of belonging. For many fans including myself, there’s a special connection to the site itself but that’s hindered by the visual aspect inside and outside. There’s a lot of scope for improvements though.

Most fans don't going the Store. Besides I think fans would like to see they are approaching the 'home' of LCFC not KP.

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Or played at the Weetabix Field of Dreams

Or sold Neat Wheat Mate t-shirts in the club shop

Or conducted a pre-season tour of Burton Latimer where Ali Mauchlen got his ringpiece cleaned by a sex worker's tongue.

To be fair, if getting your ring piece exfoliated with a dry Weetabix* is your thing, then Burton Latimer is the place to be.

So I've heard.

* Other brands are available.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

There used to be loads of images inside the changing rooms that were quite decent tbf not sure if it’s been moved now mind 

'showcased' is a stretch, if so lol

3 hours ago, davieG said:

A museum was promised as part of the original Walkers Stadium and would be a great addition but it must not detract from the need to add to the outside.

It's not as if it's difficult, a few banners, 'Face Masks' in the stand walls. a Star Walk, I'm sure there are fans who would contribute to that for their favourite players before you even think about statues.

Can you confirm in your discussions they will reposition the 'brick's in the East Stand?

I like statues, 

15 hours ago, davieG said:

Kinch

I having nothing against it being King Power Stadium, the statue and KP plastered around the stadium it's the little amount of LCFC related stuff a lot of which has been removed since their takeover. We've lost a lot of references to LCFC, there's virtually no reference to any past or current players. The imbalance between KP and LCFC is way off.

That's the bloke.

As you say, i'm not that familiar with the ground these days; maybe it is some masterplan to remove all trace of LCFC - for the life of me, I can't imagine why or to what benefit this would be - but it's also possible that they simply haven't put up new images and new installations in anticipation of the renovations expected to come with the expansion - there's no point spending money on areas that will soon be upgraded.  You only have to look at the mess the seats are these days to see that the stadium is being left to its own devices for the time being.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

No ones doubted what you are saying in that post but your exact wording which you’ve been challenged on was ‘At the end of the day, owners have traditionally had their names all over clubs and stadia as long as football has existed - it doesn't seem such a big deal to me.’ 

You have mentioned that other LCFC chairmen pushing their business through the club yet none of them sponsored the shirt, stadium or a stand for example like the existing owners have. 

No. that's true but then none of the other owners (of LCFC) were owners in this era of the game - my point was more general about the influence of owners (not just at leicester) rather than a specific reference to specific incidents, I don't believe i even mention shirt sponsorship  - given how general an observation it was, it seems a bit abrasive to be challenged on my 'exact wording' - as a general statement, it's not false, perhaps the 'all over' was a bit heavy handed, but the general point is sound.

For sure owner influence is more apparent and more far reaching now, but then it's more of a business now.  I don't remember there being an outcry when KP first started sponsoring the ground and the shirt, why is it suddenly such a scandal?

13 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Good to hear.

There is an overwhelming cynicism here that the club have simply abandoned the fans and won't countenance any input from them - it's reassuring to hear from yourselves that this is not the case.

Sadly, our fans seem too hasty to judge the club right now - the stadium development is a generational thing, yet certain fans expect constant updates and instant returns and aren't prepared to accept the apparent stasis in the meantime.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Good to hear.

There is an overwhelming cynicism here that the club have simply abandoned the fans and won't countenance any input from them - it's reassuring to hear from yourselves that this is not the case.

Sadly, our fans seem too hasty to judge the club right now - the stadium development is a generational thing, yet certain fans expect constant updates and instant returns and aren't prepared to accept the apparent stasis in the meantime.

On a general point 

The club admitted as much last night at the Fans Consultation Committee and their relations with the fans were at a low.

It’s taken a lot of work from some hard working people to get the club to listen because at times they’ve completely turned off the communication to fan groups hence the biteback at ticket prices/season tickets was two fold. Lack of consultation and the act itself. 

The new Fans Advisory Board and Fan Engagement Charter is going to be like marmite with the fan base. Some will think it’s alienating, others will think it’s acknowledging the issues. 

Edited by CosbehFox

14 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

On a general point 

The club admitted as much last night at the Fans Consultation Committee and their relations with the fans were at a low.

It’s taken a lot of work from some hard working people to get the club to listen because at times they’ve completely turned off the communication to fan groups hence the biteback at ticket prices/season tickets was two fold. Lack of consultation and the act itself. 

The new Fans Advisory Board and Fan Engagement Charter is going to be like marmite with the fan base. Some will think it’s alienating, others will think it’s acknowledging the issues. 

This I feel.

We are a fan base who won't like 'voting' on fans into roles.

Big opportunity with the FE charter / plan / EPL tick box for the club to sweep everything that's happened under the carpet and announce "that's the real quiz"...

Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 14.15.59.png

Edited by RYM

1 hour ago, Lillehamring said:

but it's also possible that they simply haven't put up new images and new installations in anticipation of the renovations expected to come with the expansion

No it's been a gradual erosion form the day they bought the club with the banner inside the stadium going.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, davieG said:

No it's been a gradual erosion form the day they bought the club with the banner inside the stadium going.

KP think they won the title not the players and the staff. The way they paraded the trophy between them after the Everton game shows that. Have a hold but don't make it about you, if you have that mentality then it's also about the cleaners, tea ladies et al get them out there! Even Vichai in the pre-match video is OTT. The stadium is a soulless bowl at the best of times but there is absolutely zero identity to any of the areas. Fans should be able to decorate their parts of the ground with flags, banners and whatever makes it home for them for those 90 minutes. That monk stuff should've come down with the relegation. I would love to see the actual history shown inside the ground like before around the top of the stands and in the concourses. Recent and all the old stuff. It's a talking point on match days, kids asking carers or parents who that is in the photo, did they go to that game etc etc. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RYM said:

KP think they won the title not the players and the staff. The way they paraded the trophy between them after the Everton game shows that. Have a hold but don't make it about you, if you have that mentality then it's also about the cleaners, tea ladies et al get them out there! Even Vichai in the pre-match video is OTT. The stadium is a soulless bowl at the best of times but there is absolutely zero identity to any of the areas. Fans should be able to decorate their parts of the ground with flags, banners and whatever makes it home for them for those 90 minutes. That monk stuff should've come down with the relegation. I would love to see the actual history shown inside the ground like before around the top of the stands and in the concourses. Recent and all the old stuff. It's a talking point on match days, kids asking carers or parents who that is in the photo, did they go to that game etc etc. 

Now we have a decent trophy haul, there should definitely be some recognition of it inside the stadium. Even Forest have their trophy count on display around their ground and they haven't won anything since football stopped being played in black and white. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

I don't know why this threads still going. 

I agree, nothing about the stadium rebuild. It’s just talk about how shite KP is and there branding. I wish the Boss Vichai was still around, I think it might be underway by now. Who knows, buying the land on the corner after getting planning permission may have put it on hold. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

20 hours ago, davieG said:

Most fans don't going the Store. Besides I think fans would like to see they are approaching the 'home' of LCFC not KP.

21 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Which area? Yet to find it myself.

Just to be clear, not saying what’s inside the Fanstore is enough and agree with the first point completely. On the second point, there is a timeline of the club’s history on one of the walls, as well as some imagery in the changing rooms.

Edited by FoxesTalker

5 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

On a general point 

But, overall, it seems that the direction moving forward is positive - even for the club to admit such a thing, feels like a step in the right direction.

As for the board and the charter, it surprises me not that some fans won't like it, clearly some fans won't be happy until the club is sold, for whatever reason that may be.

:(