Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

2 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

I don't know why this threads still going. 

Because it seems to have given certain fans another opportunity to slaughter the owners.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

clearly some fans won't be happy until the club is sold, for whatever reason that may be.

:(

I'm not sure that's true. If the club got back to being run like Vichai run it I'm sure most would be fine again.

But this rudderless ship we are supporting is missing people off and to a point rightly so. Why should we be happy at what's gone on the last 3yrs or so.

If fans don't make it known they are not happy nothing will change. We have and will be here forever. Our owners will come and go.

One way or another like Portsmouth we will still have a club without our current owners. But they won't have a club without us.

Top doesn't seem to realise this but his late farther did.

5 hours ago, davieG said:

No it's been a gradual erosion form the day they bought the club with the banner inside the stadium going.

I'm guessing those kind of things are hard to notice from Scandinavia 

2 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

But, overall, it seems that the direction moving forward is positive - even for the club to admit such a thing, feels like a step in the right direction.

As for the board and the charter, it surprises me not that some fans won't like it, clearly some fans won't be happy until the club is sold, for whatever reason that may be.

:(

Depends where your cynicism lies. They won’t go public with such an admission which is one of the big issues in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I think there is a bit of a myth that Vichai ran this club fantastically. The same group of people are here that he chose, they have always been poor at communicating and made mistakes since day 1 (Sousa). Most if our success was pure luck from the fact Nigel Pearson built and fantastic structure and Raneri was tge right man at the right time.  We also won the FA Cup after Vichai. We wasted a tremendous amount of money after winning the league and failed to capitalise on that, we then gave Rodgers too much power.

Have KP made mistakes yes, could we have worse owners? most definitely. Would we have a premier league, fa cup and charity shield without them, no. 

Sousa - I personally wouldn't call a mistake. 

They've(King Power) have identified a style of Football/philosophy they want. Possession based game. Sousa would have worked IF we had the personal to play that style, I'd argue it could have worked if given the time. 

13 hours ago, davieG said:

A museum was promised as part of the original Walkers Stadium and would be a great addition but it must not detract from the need to add to the outside.

It's not as if it's difficult, a few banners, 'Face Masks' in the stand walls. a Star Walk, I'm sure there are fans who would contribute to that for their favourite players before you even think about statues.

Can you confirm in your discussions they will reposition the 'brick's in the East Stand?

Its a long while since we had any conservations on the stadium expansion, but we did raise the fact that the bricks in the East Stand would need re-locating, one option was that they would be in a wall on the inside, but we will pick this up again. The stadium expansion will come under the Fans Advisory Board once that is launched

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

I'm not sure that's true. If the club got back to being run like Vichai run it I'm sure most would be fine again.

But this rudderless ship we are supporting is missing people off and to a point rightly so. Why should we be happy at what's gone on the last 3yrs or so.

If fans don't make it known they are not happy nothing will change. We have and will be here forever. Our owners will come and go.

One way or another like Portsmouth we will still have a club without our current owners. But they won't have a club without us.

Top doesn't seem to realise this but his late farther did.

This is true - but there are people on here that are actively looking for any excuse to accuse the club of stuff - i mean, to the point of conspiracy.

There's also a pervasive attitude here of entitlement of expecting things to be better/cheaper/quicker etc that are not just unreasonable, but often implausible.

I love this forum, but the negativity (who'd have thought we just got promoted champions!) on here is crushing. 

(cue the backlash! - don't bother, i'm not biting tonight.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Depends where your cynicism lies. They won’t go public with such an admission which is one of the big issues in my opinion. 

I've no interest in being cynical about the club, it's never been perfectly run and never will be - i'm grateful to have had these last 10 incredible years and to be back in the PL at the first attempt.

- my cynicism these days lies entirely with the dishonesty of players, and the skewed financial restrictions.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Wouldn’t it be best for them to remain on the outside of the stadium? I don’t sit in the part of the stadium where my mums brick is (she passed away 20 years ago), I’ll often walk round the stadium to see the brick give it a touch and a “come on City”. If it’s inside I won’t be able to do that or see it, I can’t be the only one, in fact I would suspect the majority of the brick owners and families are the same. 

Yes, that is a view we shared when the option was made, its a topic we won't forget when the discussions get underway again

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Yes, that is a view we shared when the option was made, its a topic we won't forget when the discussions get underway again

Thanks, it feels like it’s something else they want out the way.

They'll redesign the stadium with memory to Vichai but will neglect or push to the side the memories of those that supported the team long before they arrived who when buying those bricks were led to believe that they would be a permanent part of a structure that would stand for decades and more. My kids never met my mum but it’s something I can take them to, gives them a connection to her. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sylofox said:

If that's the case they never planned an immediate start.

It’s point 2 of the planning decision, on a separate application they do however only have untill January 2025 to start the enabling works as that is when the 3 year period is up with planning application IMG_5361.thumb.jpeg.0c934a93ea5b7b44877900eb1ef0e5e3.jpeg

9 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

It’s point 2 of the planning decision, on a separate application they do however only have untill January 2025 to start the enabling works as that is when the 3 year period is up with planning application IMG_5361.thumb.jpeg.0c934a93ea5b7b44877900eb1ef0e5e3.jpeg

I'll pop down b&q to get a spade and start it Sunday 😆 🤣 😂 😹 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Its a long while since we had any conservations on the stadium expansion, but we did raise the fact that the bricks in the East Stand would need re-locating, one option was that they would be in a wall on the inside, but we will pick this up again. The stadium expansion will come under the Fans Advisory Board once that is launched

Why would they need moving? 

They'll be an access road/tunnel from the current turnstiles to the new steps/turnstiles surely? Abit like Old Trafford? 

11 hours ago, Ashley said:

Sousa - I personally wouldn't call a mistake. 

They've(King Power) have identified a style of Football/philosophy they want. Possession based game. Sousa would have worked IF we had the personal to play that style, I'd argue it could have worked if given the time. 

I think maybe he wasn't the right manager at that time, inexperienced. He's gone on to be a good manager, maybe that period helped him. 

It is strange they have this weird obsession with possession football, yet we won the league with the exact opposite, which kind of shows the luck element. 

Most Leicester fans want to see a team that try's to win a match. I think unless you have very good technical players its very difficult to be an effective possession based side. 

• Like 1

Not topic related so apoligise, but a nice Sousa story. The guy that services my car is a bin lorry driver (he does cars on the side). One day he was telling us that they had a collection at a house and this beautiful foreign lady came running out of the house to give them another bag of rubbish. 

One of the lads said, do you know who that was? It's Paulo Sousa's wife. He's the new manager at City and he's just moved here. Then they looked at the bins and they said "Property of Swansea Council" on them... 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Why would they need moving? 

They'll be an access road/tunnel from the current turnstiles to the new steps/turnstiles surely? Abit like Old Trafford? 

The concourses  are being extended outwards so the turnstiles are moved on ground level too 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

On 25/07/2024 at 20:21, Daggers said:

I'm guessing those kind of things are hard to notice from Scandinavia 

I read Scandinavian and assumed this was now an Ikea flatpack job and we had to assemble it ourselves. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sly said:

I read Scandinavian and assumed this was now an Ikea flatpack job and we had to assemble it ourselves. 

Everything to do with King Power is a load of (meat)balls these days.

• Haha 1

On 25/07/2024 at 22:26, Wymsey said:

Wonder what they'll call the planned new business centre and hotel?..

It seems the business centre maybe confined to room 101, if what was said at the FCC last week is true, seems there is some mo eye in the budget for revisiting the plans this year. Hotel to be cut by about 50 rooms and the business centre may never happen. 

And it does look like the fact they have 5 years not 3 to start major work may stretch the time line towards the end of that 5 year period.  Don't expect any movement for 2 years.