Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

As the 'extras' to the stadium expansion have only got outline planning  approval it was always going to be subject to change and they've still got the EON building to integrate into the plan.

• Like 1

On 26/07/2024 at 09:42, Ashley said:

Why would they need moving? 

They'll be an access road/tunnel from the current turnstiles to the new steps/turnstiles surely? Abit like Old Trafford? 

East Stand is being completely reconfigured and the Kop and Family stand will have expanded concourses under the plans

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Nothing exciting (sorry) but saw this in the Leics Mercury yesterday and thought it was amusing. 65k stadium by Fosse Park anyone?

image.thumb.png.ccb629e85a4fa9fc6df4152114528eaf.png

Fosse Park, the worst place possible.

6 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Nothing exciting (sorry) but saw this in the Leics Mercury yesterday and thought it was amusing. 65k stadium by Fosse Park anyone?

I've often thought Fosse Park would have worked well as a stadium name, original to Leicester and unsponsored.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Location we have at the moment is bang on tbf and the club should stop p*ss*ng about and expand it.

If we were to ever move outside city boundaries as many others have then south or west of the city would certainly be better than north or East. 

• Like 4

Cant pretend I’m in the know but I got this from a pretty good source whom I trust and I’m trying to take it with a pinch of salt but concerning all the same but now we have this doing the rounds…..

Just spoke with *****, heard through council links that ground expansion cancelled ,all catering contracts being allowed to expire as club being put up for sale !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ElusiveEd said:

Cant pretend I’m in the know but I got this from a pretty good source whom I trust and I’m trying to take it with a pinch of salt but concerning all the same but now we have this doing the rounds…..

Just spoke with *****, heard through council links that ground expansion cancelled ,all catering contracts being allowed to expire as club being put up for sale !

There had been a whisper of this mentioned from someone who used to work for the club a couple of months ago.

Edited by Wymsey

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

As much as the news would cause me to neck a bottle of tequila in celebration and run around the village naked, I fear this is complete nonsense.

Knowing our luck we'd get bought by a berk like Mike Ashley

3 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

Hope so

21 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I honestly think there's no news on the stadium expansion because KP are just waiting interest rates to fall further, before they can borrow at a more sensible rate, to start the works. Simple really

I thought they had already sorted out the loan for the expansion 

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Knowing our luck we'd get bought by a berk like Mike Ashley

Be worse than that some kind of yank asset stripper that let's everything rot and fall about while milking every dollar is most likely for a club like us.