Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

You don't cancel planning permission, it just expires usually 3 years unless there is visible work started in that period of time. Before work commences any  pre-construction conditions would need to be discharged too otherwise work cannot start. Canceling catering contracts doesn't make sense unless you want your catering contractors to cut even more corners and practically give up.

On 09/08/2024 at 15:37, FoxinNotts said:

I honestly think there's no news on the stadium expansion because KP are just waiting interest rates to fall further, before they can borrow at a more sensible rate, to start the works. Simple really

I keep getting told we and the owners are loaded, so what is this borrowing commercial lark?

16 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Loaded people are loaded because they don’t spend their own money, my friend.

They also dont waste it on interest payments.  The usual state of play for loaded owners (the ones who are not afraid to invest in their clubs) is to lend it to the club directly.

Edited by Chrysalis

53 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

They also dont waste it on interest payments.  The usual state of play for loaded owners (the ones who are not afraid to invest in their clubs) is to lend it to the club directly.

Wonder how our Macquire loans are looking. Another masterstroke lol

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been told it’s still very much on the cards that the club may build a new ground altogether and are looking at trying to keep the stadium in the south of the city.

Personally hope we just expand the KP although I’d prefer a gradual increase on the south, north and east stands similar to Juventus.

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I’ve been told it’s still very much on the cards that the club may build a new ground altogether and are looking at trying to keep the stadium in the south of the city.

Personally hope we just expand the KP although I’d prefer a gradual increase on the south, north and east stands similar to Juventus.

There aren't many green spaces with planning permission for a new stadium to be built I would have thought?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

That would cost a fortune to build a new Stadium, location is everything and it’s perfect where it is now, don’t want to be like Coventry and build it just off the M6 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

ITK or a mate who has a mate who …….?

Just now, Happy Fox said:

There aren't many green spaces with planning permission for a new stadium to be built I would have thought?

Guessing club are just exploring options and potentially pressuring other parties involved to speed it up. 

1 minute ago, dayday said:

That would cost a fortune to build a new Stadium, location is everything and it’s perfect where it is now, don’t want to be like Coventry and build it just off the M6 

You’d be surprised how little the difference is sometimes between a huge expansion and new stadium altogether. 

I didn’t say anything’s like Coventry’s location did I so unsure why you’ve referenced that. 

Reality is you need 45-55k and 8-10k hospitality spaces to make a new ground work, you need retail and leisure support around the stadium 

That's not happening where we are 

Also is Top and his family committed to the next 10 years 

Have we the fan base for such an investment 

Jury is out 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

ITK or a mate who has a mate who …….?

It was reported we were still considering it a while back, so no change there then. I suppose until you break ground you keep ALL options open and keep your eye on land coming up for sale etc. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Guessing club are just exploring options and potentially pressuring other parties involved to speed it up. 

You’d be surprised how little the difference is sometimes between a huge expansion and new stadium altogether. 

I didn’t say anything’s like Coventry’s location did I so unsure why you’ve referenced that. 

You didn’t reference co* but he’s right to mention them, no way should we be looking to move outside the city to an area that can’t support a football ground with pubs etc.

Building a new one makes it easier in some respects, with less distribution to match days and less time pressure to complete the build.   

However, if they are going to fill a new ground of 40K+  they need to think about access to tickets (General sale) and pricing, a good chunk of empty seats in my area of the ground 

Edited by coolhandfox

11 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

You didn’t reference co* but he’s right to mention them, no way should we be looking to move outside the city to an area that can’t support a football ground with pubs etc.

it still gripes me the lack of decent pubs near the ground

Expanding the ground or a new one 8 k- 10 k more people in the ground will not solve our FFP problems long term. Need a major income from another source which is not going to be very easy to solve 

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Thats about the expansion though.

Yes, true.

Think his 'vision' was for the new training ground:

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1950005/leicester-city-make-historic-move-to-new-seagrave-training-ground?lang=en

'An elite-standard training facility was a central feature of Khun Vichai's vision for the Club'