Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

43 minutes ago, guest123 said:

it still gripes me the lack of decent pubs near the ground

There (or was a few years ago) was a derelict pub for many years on the road between the LRI and the Tigers ground (if anyone knows where I mean, a white building) - buying that property and doing it up for a match day pub again would certainly be good possibility.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

There (or was a few years ago) was a derelict pub for many years on the road between the LRI and the Tigers ground (if anyone knows where I mean, a white building) - buying that property and doing it up for a match day pub again would certainly be good possibility.

been empty for years now they have, got a feeling the hospital owns the building. used to be able to get in town and break the walk up at the swan and rushes, then gateway/legends and then a final booze at that bar next to f bar before the precinct got knocked down. few years ago that route was possible

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My understanding was they looked at a new stadium when considering the expansion of the KP and decided expansion was the best option especially now they have the EON building.

28 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Hospital own it.

Pubs just aren't sustainable based only around football and Rugby now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, bigpapagoldy said:

Surely with more capacity, some could/should be kept aside for general sale?!

The club hate general sale as they can't keep tabs on who is in the stadium. That won't ever change under this ownership so until they go, the resistance towards general sale will remain.

• Like 1

From what I understand, we were waiting to make sure that we consolidated our position back in the prem before proceeding with the expansion. Expansion size  was all about getting a larger budget to operate under the PSR regulations. 

4 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Guessing club are just exploring options and potentially pressuring other parties involved to speed it up. 

You’d be surprised how little the difference is sometimes between a huge expansion and new stadium altogether. 

I didn’t say anything’s like Coventry’s location did I so unsure why you’ve referenced that. 

I merely said I hope we don’t go down the Coventry route 

28 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The club hate general sale as they can't keep tabs on who is in the stadium. That won't ever change under this ownership so until they go, the resistance towards general sale will remain.

they won’t hate it if there’s empty seats though. 

It’s all supply and demand at the end of the day, they have the power now but they’ll need to listen to what fans want more to fill the extra seats. 

Looking forward to quids for kids returning when we’re playing rotherham in a mid table championship clash 

44 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Surely with mobile tickets people could sign up on the day and pay for ticket all on their phone. Sounds more like don't want, period than can't do.

I have this hypothesis about the expansion delay.

The club built the new training facilities for £100m, thinking the entire cost would be exempt from PSR rules. This was then rejected by the authorities, leading to us breaking the rules.

The board therefore is worried that pressing ahead with the stadium expansion will inevitably lead to another deduction, in the years to come. So they've put the plans on hold, until they can make sure they avoid further sanctions.

Thoughts?

Edit - Maybe not, now I think about it more. It doesn't explain how we lost £89m in the 22/23 season, after the training facilities were already finished.

Edited by sporter113

14 minutes ago, sporter113 said:

I have this hypothesis about the expansion delay.

The club built the new training facilities for £100m, thinking the entire cost would be exempt from PSR rules. This was then rejected by the authorities, leading to us breaking the rules.

The board therefore is worried that pressing ahead with the stadium expansion will inevitably lead to another deduction, in the years to come. So they've put the plans on hold, until they can make sure they avoid further sanctions.

Thoughts?

Edit - Maybe not, now I think about it more. It doesn't explain how we lost £89m in the 22/23 season, after the training facilities were already finished.

PSR rules cover spending on the playing squad. The money spent on the training ground would have been fully exempt. 

Just now, ronnup said:

Nothing getting done while we're a yoyo team

Nothing is ever getting done then 

If winning the Premier league and getting into Europe for years didn't stop us being a yoyo team nothing will. 

• Like 3