Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

The lack of progress on the ground was one of the things that griped me the most about relegation. It would have given us a much firmer foothold and moved the club forward as an established club, as it was we dithered and lost. In both the short and medium/long term potentially.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The club hate general sale as they can't keep tabs on who is in the stadium. That won't ever change under this ownership so until they go, the resistance towards general sale will remain.

Knowing our lot they would use Ticketmaster 

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

The delay has mostly been about timing, I would think, due to the pandemic and rising cost of materials and labour. The outlook appears to have improved but not sure if enough to get the project moving again.

The delay is about funding, I'd suggest.

The farcical plans to include flats and arenas etc was presumably fluff to entice some Chinese pension fund to essentially pay for it all that, and the teeny weeny detail of doing up the east stand too. Which clearly hasn't worked. 

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

Hospital own it.

Pubs just aren't sustainable based only around football and Rugby now

I'm sure there's a reason why they don't but the Tigers should open their bar on a matchday given the perfect location between town and the KP.

Just now, Lionator said:

I'm sure there's a reason why they don't but the Tigers should open their bar on a matchday given the perfect location between town and the KP.

The hotel bar is open.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

There’s another one in the stand on the side of the hotel, that can open up without access to the seating. Even then, Old Trafford cricket does it for the football. 

Not sure about this season but Last season there was an hospitality package you could buy based at the tigers but walking over for the game at the king power 

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

Hospital own it.

Pubs just aren't sustainable based only around football and Rugby now

Yes the hospital own it and it’s supposed to be where the new maternity building is going to go 

15 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Not sure about this season but Last season there was an hospitality package you could buy based at the tigers but walking over for the game at the king power 

Yeah there was, think it was more popular in the season prior, you would see people being walked over between the stadiums!

5 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

I still think it's a shame the ground share with Tigers never happened, we could have had a 50K stadium between us.

Doubt it, it would have just been a ground share and I’m not sure how easily a stadium expansion would be with even more decision makers involved.

IMG_5070.jpeg

IMG_5071.jpeg

IMG_5072.jpeg

IMG_5073.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Doubt it, it would have just been a ground share and I’m not sure how easily a stadium expansion would be with even more decision makers involved.

IMG_5070.jpeg

IMG_5071.jpeg

IMG_5072.jpeg

IMG_5073.jpeg

Wow that looks horrendous. 

These were truly dark days. 

On 02/09/2024 at 10:18, the draper said:

Reality is you need 45-55k and 8-10k hospitality spaces to make a new ground work, you need retail and leisure support around the stadium 

That's not happening where we are 

Also is Top and his family committed to the next 10 years 

Have we the fan base for such an investment 

Jury is out 

Totally this. The current corporate hospitality is pants compared to what the rest of the Premier League is offering. Should have double the number of boxes for example. I think the new stand plan addresses this to an extent.

On 02/09/2024 at 10:18, the draper said:

Reality is you need 45-55k and 8-10k hospitality spaces to make a new ground work, you need retail and leisure support around the stadium 

That's not happening where we are 

Also is Top and his family committed to the next 10 years 

Have we the fan base for such an investment 

Jury is out 

We have the catchment area easily, problem is the club are trying their utmost to turn away new fans with single ticket pricing and the insane number of hoops you have to jump through to even get to said stage

• Like 1