Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

18 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

The delay is about funding, I'd suggest.

The farcical plans to include flats and arenas etc was presumably fluff to entice some Chinese pension fund to essentially pay for it all that, and the teeny weeny detail of doing up the east stand too. Which clearly hasn't worked. 

Wasnt this supposedly already funded?

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

The only reason we become a yoyo team is the shoddy ownership. The relegation was down to complete and utter negligence, nothing else. 

100%👍🏻Top should have sacked Rogers long before he did.We wouldn’t be in this mess otherwise.He didn’t have the balls to do it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

100%👍🏻Top should have sacked Rogers long before he did.We wouldn’t be in this mess otherwise.He didn’t have the balls to do it.

It was probably more because the club knew that paying off Rodgers would shaft us re: PSR and were hoping that it could be avoided. In the end, the late timing of the sacking meant we were hit with the double whammy of a PSR breach and relegation. If we'd have sacked him earlier we'd have breached PSR but may well have survived, which would have been a much better outcome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

You can say this for every negative about the club. It's bottom of the barrel stuff.

Before the current ownership people could get general sale tickets without being forced to buy memberships. We still won trophies, we went up, we went down. We were still a football club.

We won the league cup. Not quite the same as the Premier league or FA Cup. 

As for the other stuff, things change. When we won the league cup, hardly anyone had a smart phone.

Just now, Webbo said:

As for the other stuff, things change. When we won the league cup, hardly anyone had a smart phone.

BTW, memberships started in the 80s.

14 hours ago, Webbo said:

Things change - so why can’t we have better owners? 

Why aren’t we competing for trophies again?

Edited by Stadt

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

Things change - so why can’t we have better owners? 

Why aren’t we competing for trophies again?

Who have you got in mind? How do you know they'll be better?

Why aren't Everton, Crystal Palace, Leeds, Southampton etc competing for trophies?

I was in my 30s before I saw us win anything and nobody was expecting that. There are only 3 trophies we can win this season and the better financed teams are more likely than us.

21 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Well Everton are in all manner of trouble, but their new stadium is taking shape, and even everton will have a large safe stading area.

I was in Liverpool yesterday and had a drive by for a look at their stadium. It’s a fantastic site and the stadium is going to look spectacular when they finish it. It will be a vast contrast to the quality of football played within. 

• Like 1

On 02/09/2024 at 12:02, urban.spaceman said:

Buy Nelson Mandela Park and build it there. It would look ****ing epic next to the prison and there's no way anyone could install a zip line from the stadium to help prisoners escape.

nah, stick a zipline on it and then we can immediately put Faes in Prison for any more stupid mistakes 

Peers in to the Stadium thread hoping there might be some actual stadium chat... But nope. Same old chat about state of the club. Keep it to those other threads people. Jeez!

Semper Eadem

11 hours ago, Webbo said:

Who have you got in mind? How do you know they'll be better?

Why aren't Everton, Crystal Palace, Leeds, Southampton etc competing for trophies?

I was in my 30s before I saw us win anything and nobody was expecting that. There are only 3 trophies we can win this season and the better financed teams are more likely than us.

There is always better, I always find the argument "but who" quite funny.

League cup is also still a major trophy, and we didnt just win it, we won it twice.

11 hours ago, zealot said:

Peers in to the Stadium thread hoping there might be some actual stadium chat... But nope. Same old chat about state of the club. Keep it to those other threads people. Jeez!

Semper Eadem

Rob Tanner said on a live stream on a fan youtube channel that this is still happening, they're just waiting for the yo-yo-ing to stop

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Rob Tanner said on a live stream on a fan youtube channel that this is still happening, they're just waiting for the yo-yo-ing to stop

Ahh so once we established Championship then, we were in the EPL for almost a decade, how long were they going to wait for.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Ahh so once we established Championship then, we were in the EPL for almost a decade, how long were they going to wait for.

The initial plans were drawn up in 2018, around the same time as the training ground and the club chose to prioritise Seagrave. If I recall correctly we actually got planning permission granted the week Vichai died. Then COVID happened and planning wasn't submitted until October 2021. We've had PSR and relegation since then and the local council didn't actually approve the planning permission until December 2023.

If we stay up this season they'll start as soon as they can.

I do hope they build the hotel and arena first though so we can sell it back to ourselves if and when we need to.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Death by Football said:

I was in Liverpool yesterday and had a drive by for a look at their stadium. It’s a fantastic site and the stadium is going to look spectacular when they finish it. It will be a vast contrast to the quality of football played within. 

It looks amazing from the outside and the setting is stunning, but it looks so generic on the inside with not even the club's name written in the seats. It's pretty disappointing considering how iconic Goodison Park is.

18 hours ago, Death by Football said:

Especially when they are in the championship 🤞🏽

7 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

There is always better, I always find the argument "but who" quite funny.

League cup is also still a major trophy, and we didnt just win it, we won it twice.

Why do you find it funny? Where are all these kindly billionaires, who know how to run football clubs with perfection queueing up to buy us? 

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

If we can drop after 10 years of establishment, we can drop after 2. It's a shocking business model to be building with such short term thinking. It could take years to get to that level again by which time these plans will be obsolete.

• Like 2