Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The initial plans were drawn up in 2018, around the same time as the training ground and the club chose to prioritise Seagrave. If I recall correctly we actually got planning permission granted the week Vichai died. Then COVID happened and planning wasn't submitted until October 2021. We've had PSR and relegation since then and the local council didn't actually approve the planning permission until December 2023.

If we stay up this season they'll start as soon as they can.

I do hope they build the hotel and arena first though so we can sell it back to ourselves if and when we need to.

Ok forgot about the long delay for approval, although I disagree with them, that we need to be stable EPL first, doing it in the championship season would have reduced the pain for the inevitable reduced income during the build.  I think whatever helps us the most with finances should be the priority, which if its the hotel and arena, then yeah do them first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Why do you find it funny? Where are all these kindly billionaires, who know how to run football clubs with perfection queueing up to buy us? 

Because I feel its a lazy reply, got the same argument as well, when people were saying Rodgers should have been kept on late in his reign.  You dont know there is no one anymore then I do. Its just speculation to say there is no one better.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The initial plans were drawn up in 2018, around the same time as the training ground and the club chose to prioritise Seagrave. If I recall correctly we actually got planning permission granted the week Vichai died. Then COVID happened and planning wasn't submitted until October 2021. We've had PSR and relegation since then and the local council didn't actually approve the planning permission until December 2023.

If we stay up this season they'll start as soon as they can.

I do hope they build the hotel and arena first though so we can sell it back to ourselves if and when we need to.

We don't have full planning for anything other than the stadium and will likely be harder to agree the detail than the stadium was. Doing the hotel etc first would only add to the delay to starting any of it.

On 02/09/2024 at 10:01, Muzzy_no7 said:

I’ve been told it’s still very much on the cards that the club may build a new ground altogether and are looking at trying to keep the stadium in the south of the city.

Personally hope we just expand the KP although I’d prefer a gradual increase on the south, north and east stands similar to Juventus.

The delay in the expansion has naturally given the club time to potentially reconsider and look at building a new stadium. The club have committed themselves to developing the current site though, so would say it's unlikely. Location is obviously one of its biggest plus points, so if they were looking at a new ground, presumably the first option would be to rebuild on the current site given the space in the surrounding areas.

On 03/09/2024 at 07:23, SemperEadem said:

Impressive knowledge to know which programme that was in.

To be honest, a while ago I was tidying up a lot of programmes and came across it! I took screenshots of it and put it on Skyscrapercity and then completely forgot about it till now :D

Edited by Fox in the North

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Because I feel its a lazy reply, got the same argument as well, when people were saying Rodgers should have been kept on late in his reign.  You dont know there is no one anymore then I do. Its just speculation to say there is no one better.

Agreed, this argument of "who would you get that is better" is ridiculous. If there were no better owners for us we wouldn't have just about avoided a points deduction after spending a season in the second division after being relegated in a season where we blatantly cheated and still got relegated. Oh and that was just one year after we were playing in a European semi final btw. The fans wouldn't also be forced to pay a £25 tax to keep a season ticket card which they already owned along with the extortionate ticket prices but that's just a few reasons why there may be better owners for us out there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

It's just speculation to say there is someone better.

Who's had a better takeover than us? Chelsea? That Scott Boelly seems to know he's doing. What about Leeds? Their owners own the San Francisco 49ers  don't they? I bet no team of theirs would get relegated. Newcastle, they're owned by Saudi Arabia, they must be winning trophies by the bucket load?

Yor speculation is based in fantasy whereas mine is based in reality

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Who's had a better takeover than us? Chelsea? That Scott Boelly seems to know he's doing. What about Leeds? Their owners own the San Francisco 49ers  don't they? I bet no team of theirs would get relegated. Newcastle, they're owned by Saudi Arabia, they must be winning trophies by the bucket load?

Okay, now the other side. Man City, Brighton, Aston Villa. Just take a look at Man united and you can see that success at a club can be in spite of the owners instead of because of them. So the idea that all of our success has come from a family from Thailand is absolutely ridiculous

15 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

There is always better, I always find the argument "but who" quite funny.

League cup is also still a major trophy, and we didnt just win it, we won it twice.

Leeague Cup is not in the same League (excuse the pun) as winning the Premier League, FA Cup or even playing in the Champions League, those Champons League nights were unreal. If we start wheeling out the fact we won it twice we start sounding like Leeds 

16 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

There is always better, I always find the argument "but who" quite funny.

League cup is also still a major trophy, and we didnt just win it, we won it twice.

47 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Leeague Cup is not in the same League (excuse the pun) as winning the Premier League, FA Cup or even playing in the Champions League, those Champons League nights were unreal. If we start wheeling out the fact we won it twice we start sounding like Leeds 

FFS we’ve won it three times!!!!

Knocked out by Atletico Madrid (twice) and Red Star Belgrade.

How can ‘fans’ be so unaware of our history?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Trekerz said:

Okay, now the other side. Man City, Brighton, Aston Villa. Just take a look at Man united and you can see that success at a club can be in spite of the owners instead of because of them. So the idea that all of our success has come from a family from Thailand is absolutely ridiculous

We were where Villa and Brighton are now a few years ago and in a few years time Brighton and Villa could be where we are now.

That's the glorious uncertainty of sport.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

We were where Villa and Brighton are now a few years ago and in a few years time Brighton and Villa could be where we are now.

they may well be if they decide to hire brendan rodgers, and have owners who dont know what they're doing.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

they may well be if they decide to hire brendan rodgers, and have owners who dont know what they're doing.

They might win the FA Cup then.

BTW, he was sacked 2 years ago, don't you think you should be over it by now?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

The whole issue is that the rules are in place to eliminate that “glorious uncertainty” for a favoured few. There is no jeopardy for six clubs in England and a few on the continent. There is also no route through for an ambitious club to ever breakthrough and consistency compete. 

21 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

The whole issue is that the rules are in place to eliminate that “glorious uncertainty” for a favoured few. There is no jeopardy for six clubs in England and a few on the continent. There is also no route through for an ambitious club to ever breakthrough and consistency compete. 

You think Brighton are one of the favoured few?

10 hours ago, Webbo said:

There is no reality in what you saying, you are speculating, and you cant even recognise that.  You have an opinion, its not authority.

8 hours ago, Tommy G said:

League cup for me beats just been able to take part in a competition, as its an actual trophy.

FA cup was special, but I think a big factor in that was that we had never won it before, it does have more of a history than the league cup, but the league cup is still a major trophy.

By your rationale are Spurs more successful than us in the EPL era because made it into the CL so many times?

On 03/09/2024 at 15:35, purpleronnie said:

Well Everton are in all manner of trouble, but their new stadium is taking shape, and even everton will have a large safe stading area.

Most sea facing cities have a sealife centre.

Everton have built a home for pondlife.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Webbo said:

I agree and if that was the case, i'm sure the fans of both them clubs would be calling for answers from their "owners"

14 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

There is no reality in what you saying, you are speculating, and you cant even recognise that.  You have an opinion, its not authority.

The reality is what's happened in the past. They've took us from mid table championship to Premier league and fa Cup winners. What other owners, man City apart ,have done that. If you think we could do better you're delusional. 

4 hours ago, Trekerz said:

I agree and if that was the case, i'm sure the fans of both them clubs would be calling for answers from their "owners"

Doesn't make it an intelligent response though. Sport is sport. Sometimes you're up Sometimes you're down. 

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

Doesn't make it an intelligent response though. Sport is sport. Sometimes you're up Sometimes you're down. 

They like to treat the club as a business. In business if a team went from the top of the pile down to the bottom, would there not be changes in management?

46 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

They like to treat the club as a business. In business if a team went from the top of the pile down to the bottom, would there not be changes in management?

Or you could just act like an adult and accept you don't always get your own way.

• Haha 1