Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

On 05/09/2024 at 20:22, Webbo said:

You think Brighton are one of the favoured few?

What? No

I think Brighton will ultimately find that their current ascendancy is not sustainable and they will fall back into the pack. That’s what the PSR rules are designed to do to teams like Brighton 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 2

On 06/09/2024 at 13:07, Webbo said:

The reality is what's happened in the past. They've took us from mid table championship to Premier league and fa Cup winners. What other owners, man City apart ,have done that. If you think we could do better you're delusional. 

Your reality is a bit like saying we should never buy players again because of the akinbiyi, ward and mills signings.

Essentially you saying because things can go wrong it means it will go wrong.  Kind of a very risk averse approach.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

On 06/09/2024 at 13:07, Webbo said:

The reality is what's happened in the past. They've took us from mid table championship to Premier league and fa Cup winners. What other owners, man City apart ,have done that. If you think we could do better you're delusional. 

Who's they? 

When Vichai and Top arrived they chucked money at it so carelessly to absolutely no avail and until Pearson came in we were heading the exact same way as Mel Morris' Derby. If you want to attribute all the success down to ownership because it's their money that bankrolled the staff eventually recommended to them (that they'd also made sure were sacked before they arrived) then fine. 

I think it's this kind of really weak argument that has enabled the catastrophic failure of the last few years and we just, and I mean just, keep getting away with it. They got out the Championship first time like they absolutely needed to. They've somehow avoided a points deduction. Yet we see no obvious signs they're learning from their mistakes. 

We should be grateful for those who have got us out of the mess that those at the top have created, but we shouldn't be letting them get away with it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Who's they? 

When Vichai and Top arrived they chucked money at it so carelessly to absolutely no avail and until Pearson came in we were heading the exact same way as Mel Morris' Derby. If you want to attribute all the success down to ownership because it's their money that bankrolled the staff eventually recommended to them (that they'd also made sure were sacked before they arrived) then fine. 

I think it's this kind of really weak argument that has enabled the catastrophic failure of the last few years and we just, and I mean just, keep getting away with it. They got out the Championship first time like they absolutely needed to. They've somehow avoided a points deduction. Yet we see no obvious signs they're learning from their mistakes. 

We should be grateful for those who have got us out of the mess that those at the top have created, but we shouldn't be letting them get away with it. 

So let's just say the owners sell up, what are you expecting from the new guys? Do you think we'll be permanent members of the top 6, we'll never make a bad signing, players or managers,  we'll never get relegated? 

If it was that easy why hasn't every other club that's been taken over achieved the same thing?

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

So let's just say the owners sell up, what are you expecting from the new guys? Do you think we'll be permanent members of the top 6, we'll never make a bad signing, players or managers,  we'll never get relegated? 

If it was that easy why hasn't every other club that's been taken over achieved the same thing?

I don’t think they thought of it.

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I’ll bite.

Signings, onfield performance, managers, trophies - all irrelevant.

I want new owners who will value fans as fans, cap tickets at affordable prices, implement safe standing, encourage the growth of a singing area and support its use of TIFOs, scraps the membership scheme and current form of ticket sales that cements miserable curmudgeons in for life, abolish the £25 fee for season ticket cards, engage with fan groups and representatives in meaningful and frequent dialogue which is assessed by measurable outcomes (with the club’s representatives facing agreed sanctions if they fail to meet them), and regular communication across the season from department heads and owners in live online interviews to explain their actions, outcomes and take online questions.

All told, to give real fans a sense of ownership of the club and be treated with respect rather than the abject shit show of disrespect we have endured across multiple seasons.

And if the new owners don’t provide most or all of that, I’d be demanding newer new owners.

Dream on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Webbo said:

I hear you but don't underestimate just how unbelievably bad we have been run for years. 

Edited by Gamble92

11 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I hear you but don't underestimate just how unbelievably bad we have been run for years. 

We got relegated,  so did 2 other teams. 3 teams will be relegated this season. It happens.  I've seen us relegated many times before and I'll see it again.

Changing the owners will achieve nothing and will probably make things worse.

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We got relegated,  so did 2 other teams. 3 teams will be relegated this season. It happens.  I've seen us relegated many times before and I'll see it again.

Changing the owners will achieve nothing and will probably make things worse.

I'd rather see more accountability when the most embarrassing relegation in history happens. ****in hell, just some accountability. 

Why isn't the person in charge of negotiating getting the sack for somehow making us fail PSR despite a net profit of £42m over the past 5 years? 

Top's biggest flaw is allowing these snakes to get in bed with him and he has shown himself to be nothing more than a petulant child when he's questioned. If you're going to flaunt yourself with the Premier League trophy then you sure as hell take the shit when you mess up. 

The relegation isn’t the telling sign of poor ownership. 

The huge climb down from European football to relegation is. The explosion in wages. The PSR nonsense. The complete erosion of fan relations (and at the moment taking their time about a FAB which should been implemented immediately from May onwards). 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

The relegation isn’t the telling sign of poor ownership. 

The huge climb down from European football to relegation is. The explosion in wages. The PSR nonsense. The complete erosion of fan relations (and at the moment taking their time about a FAB which should been implemented immediately from May onwards). 

But a Fab would melt in summer.

53 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I'd rather see more accountability when the most embarrassing relegation in history happens. ****in hell, just some accountability. 

Why isn't the person in charge of negotiating getting the sack for somehow making us fail PSR despite a net profit of £42m over the past 5 years? 

Top's biggest flaw is allowing these snakes to get in bed with him and he has shown himself to be nothing more than a petulant child when he's questioned. If you're going to flaunt yourself with the Premier League trophy then you sure as hell take the shit when you mess up. 

Was it though?

Just looking at our own history we've managed to be top of the table and get relegated in the same season. 

Blackburn were relegated within 4 seasons of their EPL title. Bristol City and Wolves suffered triple consecutive relegation in the 1980s.

I'm not wearing rose (blue) tinted specs - but far too many are wearing whatever the opposite of that is.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Was it though?

Just looking at our own history we've managed to be top of the table and get relegated in the same season. 

Blackburn were relegated within 4 seasons of their EPL title. Bristol City and Wolves suffered triple consecutive relegation in the 1980s.

I'm not wearing rose (blue) tinted specs - but far too many are wearing whatever the opposite of that is.

Yeah it absolutely was. Scrolling through the archives to try and find something even worse as a way to justify it or taking about what Leicester used to be. It's exactly the attitude that allowed it all to unfold. 

The Leicester we were in 2001 with Akinbiyi and Lee Marshall doesn't in anyway represent the team in 2022. I don't know why this is used as some kind of excuse. Oh we've always been shit so who cares kind of attitude. We had a massive chance to establish ourselves and had even more chances to do something about what was happening before it was too late, and never did. But oh well little Leicester, should just be grateful for that title win shouldn't we?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

Dream on.

I don’t need to, I’ve found almost all of that in non-league.

You keep on sticking up for those who are pissing on you and telling you it’s raining.

• Like 3

In all honesty I’m more disappointed with the off the pitch problems than the relegation, teams spend well, hire well and have success, and teams spend poorly, hire poorly and fail, it’s football through the generations, nothing has changed. 

But being made to feel like a criminal whenever I enter the stadium, the £25 charge, the extortionate match tickets, the lack of engagement with fans groups and supporters in general, the feeling that the running of the club has been taken away from those that know the community and care and put in the hands of those that only  see the supporters as something to take advantage of and fleece for every penny they can get, the moving away from being a family club to a cold uncaring organisation. I’ve watched us win and lose, go up and down over the years and it’s a rollercoaster I love, but I’ve never felt as distant from the club as I do now, that’s what upsets me the most.

I don’t want a change of ownership (yet), but I want them to address what has made the fans feel so distant from the club and try and move it back in the right direction, jumping on board with the FAB doesn’t give them credit yet as it’s like they’ve got all the unpopular decisions out the way and are now paying lip service, suddenly making out they care.

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

I don’t need to, I’ve found almost all of that in non-league.

You keep on sticking up for those who are pissing on you and telling you it’s raining.

Good for you, I like being in the Premier league.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Was it though?

It’s worse because of the context of modern day football. 

Since Abramovic football has never been same in this country. We managed to succeed in an impossibly uneven playing field…. And despite making over £500m on player sales were incapable of even being consistent. 

It’s the worst demise in premier league history for me, mainly because of the sheer profit we gained from player sales, to then invest it so poorly…… it is frankly horrifying. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Yeah it absolutely was. Scrolling through the archives to try and find something even worse as a way to justify it or taking about what Leicester used to be. It's exactly the attitude that allowed it all to unfold. 

The Leicester we were in 2001 with Akinbiyi and Lee Marshall doesn't in anyway represent the team in 2022. I don't know why this is used as some kind of excuse. Oh we've always been shit so who cares kind of attitude. We had a massive chance to establish ourselves and had even more chances to do something about what was happening before it was too late, and never did. But oh well little Leicester, should just be grateful for that title win shouldn't we?

I didn't have to scroll through the archives.

I remember it and I apply context and perspective, not just what happened recently.

Henry Ford said, "history is bunk." Henry Ford was an idiot.

If you don't know who Henry Ford was, well.. that's kinda his fault.