Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

It’s worse because of the context of modern day football. 

Since Abramovic football has never been same in this country. We managed to succeed in an impossibly uneven playing field…. And despite making over £500m on player sales were incapable of even being consistent. 

It’s the worst demise in premier league history for me, mainly because of the sheer profit we gained from player sales, to then invest it so poorly…… it is frankly horrifying. 

Nah, the context is the same. Of course the monies were less, but the rules were different. I'm fairly confident that Peter Taylor never even dreamt of having a massive payoff... yet we didn't get rid of him until it was too late.

Follow that with the 2007-08 season, 4 managers in one season, none of whom were remotely competent. Now THAT was embarrassing. We fell out of a fairly small elite club that we can never get back into, cos it's a club that can only ever get smaller.

Our fall from grace has been bad, but I pretty sure that the only people who think "it was the worst evah!" are City fans. 

Brutal truth moment.

No one

Else

Cares 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I didn't have to scroll through the archives.

I remember it and I apply context and perspective, not just what happened recently.

Henry Ford said, "history is bunk." Henry Ford was an idiot.

If you don't know who Henry Ford was, well.. that's kinda his fault.

It's the worst in history apart from the ones a long time ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

This is not true, though. We paid more in wages than the rules permitted, not more than we could afford.

This crops up a lot. People seem to conflate what the rules tell us is sustainable and what is actually sustainable for our club. They're completely different things. The fact that the current system imposes on us (and many other clubs) a spending limit that is significantly below what we can actually afford is at the heart of this PSR mess.

Misses the point though, the rules said no and we over spent.  But yes, Vichai wanted to spend and the rules said no you can't, but he did anyway. 

• Like 3

Everton's new ground inside is probably similar to what the Bede Island South stadium would have looked like in the modern day, aside from the difference in capacity. Large screens, which seem to be a requirement these days, look more natural in two-tiered stands.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FoxesTalker said:

Everton's new ground inside is probably similar to what the Bede Island South stadium would have looked like in the modern day, aside from the difference in capacity. Large screens, which seem to be a requirement these days, look more natural in two-tiered stands.

The new Everton ground looks horrendous inside. Something just very off about that design. 

24 minutes ago, FoxesTalker said:

I could be wrong here but it's a UEFA/FIFA standard I believe. Especially for Tournaments.

15 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Nah, the context is the same. Of course the monies were less, but the rules were different. I'm fairly confident that Peter Taylor never even dreamt of having a massive payoff... yet we didn't get rid of him until it was too late.

Follow that with the 2007-08 season, 4 managers in one season, none of whom were remotely competent. Now THAT was embarrassing. We fell out of a fairly small elite club that we can never get back into, cos it's a club that can only ever get smaller.

Our fall from grace has been bad, but I pretty sure that the only people who think "it was the worst evah!" are City fans. 

Brutal truth moment.

No one

Else

Cares 

You could pretty much say no one else cares about any topic we discuss on here. We ****ing care. Don't care about anyone else.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

The new Everton ground looks horrendous inside. Something just very off about that design. 

The outside looks impressive though as well as the surroundings. If anything, would say it's more a case of the inside looking generic, which is often the label with new stadiums.

Might as well lock the thread for a couple of years tbh

https://foxestrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/09/FCC-Summary-Points-24.07.2024-FCC.pdf

An update on the stadium development outlined the need for re engagement with architects and planners to establish value in budget. SW confirmed that the development would not start in 2025 or 2026.

The implementation of safe standing would continue to be considered in parallel with the stadium development, with consultations being re engaged this season.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

So we're consulting again on safe standing with the "consideration" to continue but only when there's redevelopment, which will not start until at least 2027, meaning we probably wouldn't get it until 2029 at the earliest.

All this whilst team after team after team after team have installed it already. Really is a joke.

Really is a problem when coupled with the fact the club do not want to extend the section. Just stuck as we are.

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

So we're consulting again on safe standing with the "consideration" to continue but only when there's redevelopment, which will not start until at least 2027, meaning we probably wouldn't get it until 2029 at the earliest.

All this whilst team after team after team after team have installed it already. Really is a joke.

Just what we need, a few more years of consulting and a few more surveys. Reckon it'll be close to 20 years of people lobbying before they ever do it and even then it'll be the bare minimum.

• Like 1

On 09/09/2024 at 16:51, FoxesTalker said:

The outside looks impressive though as well as the surroundings. If anything, would say it's more a case of the inside looking generic, which is often the label with new stadiums.

Most new grounds look the same because the inside is just a bowl. So other than seat colour what can be different.

I'd love us to double deck the kop. So instead if the noise floating up and away like Filbert street it stays in the ground.

I don’t care what's said about the acoustics now point it to the pitch it needs the whole kop to sing so others hear it. You only needed pen 2 at filbo for everyone to hear it.

We would then have a newish ground that looked different with a great atmosphere. 5k seats above the kop should do it.

Top if you're reading this get it fvcking done first.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

All this bo**ocks about needing to reconnect with architect's and planners and have even more surveys on any distant safe standing plans is just another way of saying we ain't doing it.

It probably says more about the ownership’s long term ambitions than anything else.  My take is that if king power were committed long term then this would be happening.  the investment is not psr related as most of the ‘psr costs’ have already been incurred. To expand will require either the ownership stumping up the dosh or extensive borrowings. 

the alternative view is that this won’t get going again unless we show we’re PL established. It’s a straightforward commercial decision based on that. 

• Like 1

On 12/09/2024 at 08:22, moore_94 said:

Might as well lock the thread for a couple of years tbh

https://foxestrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/09/FCC-Summary-Points-24.07.2024-FCC.pdf

An update on the stadium development outlined the need for re engagement with architects and planners to establish value in budget. SW confirmed that the development would not start in 2025 or 2026.

The implementation of safe standing would continue to be considered in parallel with the stadium development, with consultations being re engaged this season.

Very poor vision from the club.