Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

40 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

18 weeks since the application was submitted. 

Safe to say then that a decision is now late? 

10th Feb was the target date for a decision. I don't think that means much to the planners. Perhaps the delays are on the club side. Who knows but it's going to have to be decided very soon if the work is to begin in the first quarter of 2022 as planned. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

10th Feb was the target date for a decision. I don't think that means much to the planners. Perhaps the delays are on the club side. Who knows but it's going to have to be decided very soon if the work is to begin in the first quarter of 2022 as planned. 

Yes my understanding was 13 weeks for a large project, maybe 16 if there’s an environmental assessment. 

I think it’s definitely fair to say it’s late, although as you say we don’t know why.

I think many councils are still blaming Covid for late decisions.

But as you say they are cutting it pretty fine now for a Q1 start. Isn’t there some sort of post-approval appeal period developers like to sit out as well? 

7 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Yes my understanding was 13 weeks for a large project, maybe 16 if there’s an environmental assessment. 

I think it’s definitely fair to say it’s late, although as you say we don’t know why.

I think many councils are still blaming Covid for late decisions.

But as you say they are cutting it pretty fine now for a Q1 start. Isn’t there some sort of post-approval appeal period developers like to sit out as well? 

I think there is some sort of appeals process for non-determination of an application within the specified timescales but that might delay it further especially if they have been given the nod to say approval is imminent. 

I'd have thought that some of the physical work (demolition of the National Grid building, cable/pipe laying etc) would've started by now given that permission for the enabling works had been given weeks ago. Not a JCB in sight, not that I've been down there for a couple of weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Saying in the Mail that the UK and Ireland will be awarded the 2028 euros and the King Power will be a venue. 

Surprised after the trouble at the last one. Not sure that we can be a trusted host but they know where the money is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Surprised after the trouble at the last one. Not sure that we can be a trusted host but they know where the money is. 

The other bids have pulled out apparently. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

Saying in the Mail that the UK and Ireland will be awarded the 2028 euros and the King Power will be a venue. 

The article says the king power stadium will be a proposed venue. And, it goes on to say that as they will want a good geographical spead across the nations, it will probably be a choice between the King Power and villa Park.

4 minutes ago, WarehamFox said:

What about the City ground in Nottingham? They were hosting a world cup game in their shite stadium last time it was put forward :P

Wasn't even the City Ground.....it was an artist's impression of a super stadium that neither the council nor the club were paying for nor even a site to locate it on. 

That alone deserved the bid to receive the one measly vote it got  (and even that vote was gained only via huge bribes  to that corrupt Trinidadian dude)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Looks like the consultation end date is now 25/03. Not sure why it’s been extended but hopefully will get a decision shortly after that? 

Target decision date has been updated to 20th April 

• Thanks 1

Whilst appreciating the fact that the planning process has to be adhered to why is this issue taking so long. After all what the owners of Leicester City have done, not just for Leicester City Football Club, but the city itself and wider surrounds surely this can be fast-tracked by SPS and his planning team. Where is the will in getting this whole area redeveloped including the increase in capacity at the King Power at the City Council?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Or they're not happy with the submitted application? 

My guess would be regarding transport issues. They've probably come to an agreement to allow the club more time for consultation rather than rejecting the application and the inevitable delays caused by submiting a new one. 

7 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Do we know if there will be a reduced capacity when they do the extension or will they be able to build it around the existing stadium, as I think Liverpool did with their main stand extension?

The plan is to build up and over behind the East Stand and join up during the summer (unclear which one at this point). No reduced capacity but some might get wet when the roof comes off! 

19 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Do we know if there will be a reduced capacity when they do the extension or will they be able to build it around the existing stadium, as I think Liverpool did with their main stand extension?

The plan is to do what Liverpool did. Might mean though at either start / end of season we have a run of away games 

• Like 1