Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

If the Filbert street site ever gets built on (it is iirc) ,the same drainpipe would be going on about disruption and the removal of green space because 11 shrubs were removed.

NIMBYs are a scourge and should be thrown into the soar

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pride of the Midlands said:

Due to covid the expansion could be delayed for 1-2 years. Not great news for supporters who are waiting for season tickets.

Why do you say this? Gate receipts are <1% of income according to the latest swissramble article…

8 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

Why do you say this? Gate receipts are <1% of income according to the latest swissramble article…

Because with the expansion being delayed then there won't be extra season tickets available for the 2024-25 season. Supporters will have to rely on current season ticket holders not renewing. I said it was not good for supporters not the owners so income isn't the issue.

On 31/03/2022 at 17:17, Stadt said:

If the Filbert street site ever gets built on (it is iirc) ,the same drainpipe would be going on about disruption and the removal of green space because 11 shrubs were removed.

NIMBYs are a scourge and should be thrown into the soar

There might still be fish living in that section.

What you are proposing carries a viable risk of pollution so I strongly object.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Pride of the Midlands said:

Because with the expansion being delayed then there won't be extra season tickets available for the 2024-25 season. Supporters will have to rely on current season ticket holders not renewing. I said it was not good for supporters not the owners so income isn't the issue.

:source:

7 minutes ago, Pride of the Midlands said:

Some of my family members went on a stadium tour yesterday and the club official that took them around mentioned it.

Did they mean it had been delayed over the period of COVID? I.e, if COVID didn’t occur we would have looked to have done this 2 years ago as opposed to now?

The general rationale you’re giving here makes no sense, delayed due to COVID, well yeah, COVIDs here so I wouldn’t be interpreting there’s an additional delay from what’s been communicated more recently around aiming for summer of 2024 (was it?), subject to planning approvals etc

14 minutes ago, Pride of the Midlands said:

Some of my family members went on a stadium tour yesterday and the club official that took them around mentioned it.

Very unlikely a tour guide would know that. Covid won't delay the building work. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Did they mean it had been delayed over the period of COVID? I.e, if COVID didn’t occur we would have looked to have done this 2 years ago as opposed to now?

The general rationale you’re giving here makes no sense, delayed due to COVID, well yeah, COVIDs here so I wouldn’t be interpreting there’s an additional delay from what’s been communicated more recently around aiming for summer of 2024 (was it?), subject to planning approvals etc

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Very unlikely a tour guide would know that. Covid won't delay the building work. 

He said a 1-2 year delay from summer 2024. I'm sure that a tour guide will get information from within the club and get briefed on what they can and cannot say to people. I'm sure that the club will provide a update if it gets approved on the 20th.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Reginaldo said:

They were 12m the season before COVID.

Last season we turned over 226.2m.

So in a normal year they would be about 5%

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pride of the Midlands said:

He said a 1-2 year delay from summer 2024. I'm sure that a tour guide will get information from within the club and get briefed on what they can and cannot say to people. I'm sure that the club will provide a update if it gets approved on the 20th.

Its a pretty clear sign of what Covid has and is doing to finances.

51 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Hopefully this. I was told last year that Covid had put it back by a year, so hopefully no further delay

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pride of the Midlands said:

Let’s hope not, that would be frustrating!

There is no delay. If you pull the last document on the planning website and open the email attachments it is simply down to someone not getting through all of their emails in time. They too are overworked and trying to get through the approvals as quick as they can. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pride of the Midlands said:

Given what I know about the club's internal communication between departments, I'd be shocked if anyone's been briefed about what they can and can't say lol

With the financial shit storm that is about to take place(and our timely increase in ST prices :appl:) and the ever increasing threat of football not being about rewarding merit or actual success (latest European plan) there will be plenty of ST coming available over this period imo. 

Got a feeling football is about to enter a very difficult period, mostly of it's own doing. 

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

With the financial shit storm that is about to take place(and our timely increase in ST prices :appl:) and the ever increasing threat of football not being about rewarding merit or actual success (latest European plan) there will be plenty of ST coming available over this period imo. 

Got a feeling football is about to enter a very difficult period, mostly of it's own doing. 

People said the same thing when the PL came along, when they cut the number of teams in the league, when they changed the European cup to the Champions League, when they increase the number of team in the CL etc

It will be fine. 

There will be the same churn of season tickets as normal, maybe a few more. 

57 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People said the same thing when the PL came along, when they cut the number of teams in the league, when they changed the European cup to the Champions League, when they increase the number of team in the CL etc

It will be fine. 

There will be the same churn of season tickets as normal, maybe a few more. 

All of the above still reward success. 

The latest proposal of only teams with a European history being able to qualify for the CL through winning the FA Cup is an absolute attack on every thing the game is about. If they introduce that kind of shit it's curtains for me. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pride of the Midlands said:

Which club official out of interest. When I did the tour the minion they sent round with us knew less about rather KP than I did, spouted an awful lot of crap and could barely answer a question.

The only delay so far as I can see is the planning departments across the country are overwhelmed with applications and struggling to meet the intial 12 week deadlines for a lot of stuff as they are losing staff at an alarming rate to the private sector. 

For the record I'm not saying this wasn't said but there was no mention of any delays at the FCC last month either.

26 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

All of the above still reward success. 

The latest proposal of only teams with a European history being able to qualify for the CL through winning the FA Cup is an absolute attack on every thing the game is about. If they introduce that kind of shit it's curtains for me. 

That's not actually new: From my understanding -- and that might be wrong and ill-informed -- the two spots reserved for "club coefficient" (i.e. European history) in the Champions League are for teams that qualified for Europe otherwise (i.e., they qualified for Europa League or Conference) -- so if you didn't earn a European spot, you don't still leapfrog into CL football. Since the FA Cup winners are automatically qualified for Europa League, a "coefficient club" would be bumped to the Champions League if they hadn't already qualified.

I am not super opposed to this (I am generally opposed though) since club coefficients only cover the previous five years, so is somewhat performance based. It is a system that could in the end help some clubs that are on the borderline of European power, including Leicester -- but also clubs from smaller countries -- that are earning UEFA points rankings and doing well in Europe, but are not constantly qualifying for Champions League. Of course, on paper, the teams most likely to benefit are the Premier League Big 6 not qualifying for CL football.

18 hours ago, Spudulike said:

....Covid has delayed the development, the availability of workers, materials  and the impact regarding completing Seagrave was visible!!!

Any delay to the additional construction is putting millions of pounds on the cost of the project, with the interest rates now climbing, to offset inflation, makes moving ahead right now, the more prudent thing to do.

• Like 1