Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

10 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Surely this is a project the council should be prioritising above most? It’s for the benefit of the city.

What are they waiting for?

You'd think, but no doubt they're looking at cycle lanes and student accommodation first....

1 minute ago, Oldblueyes said:

This is all very well about building this and building that, but what about our club that hasn't got two shilling pieces to rub together to get a replcement for Kasper.

It's believed the club has the finances but can't sign players before departures due to FFP. 

The money for the expansion is already in place following a loan, apparently. 

21 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Investments in infrastructure are outside of FFP.

It is not a case of having no money, it is a case of having to live when the boundaries of FFP.

Investing in the stadium and the surrounding area will increase our turnover and actually improve the situation long term. 

On a lark, I checked to see what ticket prices were like in the premium seating at the King Power last year, and although certainly outside my budget, they weren't really that expensive. Clubs make their real matchday money (not including broadcast money, of course) in sucking cash out of its most affluent supporters, as well as getting regular punters to spend more at the stadium.

Right now, we aren't doing nearly well enough on either category. The stadium expansion (which includes concourse expansion on the North and South stands) should really help with the books.

13 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

On a lark, I checked to see what ticket prices were like in the premium seating at the King Power last year, and although certainly outside my budget, they weren't really that expensive. Clubs make their real matchday money (not including broadcast money, of course) in sucking cash out of its most affluent supporters, as well as getting regular punters to spend more at the stadium.

Right now, we aren't doing nearly well enough on either category. The stadium expansion (which includes concourse expansion on the North and South stands) should really help with the books.

Our most expensive matchday ticket is around £58 in standard seating if we say for the new stand an average of £50 x 8000 x 19 =  £7.6m more a season just for the league games.

Then you start chucking in boxes, hospitality, increased sponsorship space, and maybe a sponsor for the stand itself.

Our match day income has been around on average 14m a season for the 3 or 4 seasons, this is going to push it 20-25m 

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Our most expensive matchday ticket is around £58 in standard seating if we say for the new stand an average of £50 x 8000 x 19 =  £7.6m more a season just for the league games.

Then you start chucking in boxes, hospitality, increased sponsorship space, and maybe a sponsor for the stand itself.

Our match day income has been around on average 14m a season for the 3 or 4 seasons, this is going to push it 20-25m 

That's assuming we'll sell every spot for every match post expansion, looking at the sluggish take up of the first 3 homes games for this season that's up for debate.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That's assuming we'll sell every spot for every match post expansion, looking at the sluggish take up of the first 3 homes games for this season that's up for debate.

There is about a couple of 100 tickets left for the Brentford game with 1.5 weeks to go. 

There are about 1500 left for Southampton 

Man U is sold out. 

Not that sluggish to be fair.  

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

In all honesty, the demand is there. We know there are tickets available, but there is a huge segment of the city's population that is convinced it is impossible to get a ticket (and if you are a family of four wanting to sit together, it still hard.) Right now, none of the games are even on general sale, so it is hard to gauge interest. 

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Have ticket sales been very slow? I just had a quick look, about 100 left for Brentford, most in KW lounge. Approx 1000 for S'ton and Man U is sold out.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ha, thought I'd touch a nerve. With cost of living going as it is I can't see us selling 40K a week with the prices as they are but that's my opinion.

You kept saying this last season and we kept selling out.

9 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Why do we have to though?  We do seem to have an obsession in this country of filling every seat.

In reality, selling out the stadium all the time is a sign your stadium is too small. You also want a little spare capacity. You sell out your Category A games, and have seats available for the occasional punter to get a seat. 

Frankly, as I have said ad nauseum, the club doesn't even really try to sell tickets. Brentford isn't even on general sale yet. Aside from youth teams, there isn't a bulk sale market aimed at schools, churches, businesses, etc. If there was a slump in ticket sales, it would be fairly easy to send Filbert to the local schools and offer deals (like the Tigers do).

I expect the club to reach capacity fairly quickly after the expansion, and then start looking at phase II (which I am sure is in a drawer somewhere.)

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Why do we have to though?  We do seem to have an obsession in this country of filling every seat.

We live in social media times nowadays. Pictures are spread about so quickly and people seem to like laugh at other team's support. Probably people who don't actually go to games themselves lol

Nobody ever considers the size of the town or geographical location. Or even the times we live in now with how much games cost.

Our ground sells out for the bigger games, who would have thought that! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ha, thought I'd touch a nerve. With cost of living going as it is I can't see us selling 40K a week with the prices as they are but that's my opinion.

It is not the first time as a society we have faced a cost of living crisis. 

The economic cycle of boom and bust has been going on for years, what to say where we will be in 2 or 3 years' time once the stadium expansion is built? 

It's not like we are the only club going down this road. 

No one has an issue with your opinion, but referring to sluggish sales for the first 3 games when there are about 2000 left out of 92000  for the first 3 games seems a little odd

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah Norwich was rammed to be fair. It's just my opinion, sorry it's not one you like.

Agenda > opinion > facts.

4 hours ago, Oldblueyes said:

This is all very well about building this and building that, but what about our club that hasn't got two shilling pieces to rub together to get a replcement for Kasper.

I believe the stadium is owned by King Power rather than LCFC so, although linked, the two are separate in terms of finances. I'm sure somebody else can explain this in more detail.

24 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

I believe the stadium is owned by King Power rather than LCFC so, although linked, the two are separate in terms of finances. I'm sure somebody else can explain this in more detail.

yes. they bought it off the american pension fund that owned it previously. 

6 hours ago, Oldblueyes said:

...not sure you have been reading the many explanations of our situation!!!

Numerous posters have explained the situation but the same question keeps being asked. 

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Investments in infrastructure are outside of FFP.

It is not a case of having no money, it is a case of having to live when the boundaries of FFP.

Investing in the stadium and the surrounding area will increase our turnover and actually improve the situation long term. 

Wish we'd be a bit more ambitious with the number of seats, I still think there'll be people dissapointed not to be able to get a ST